Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Dehydrator

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinenoisycricket
Your FriendlyNeighborhoodCricket
Loc: Everymeadow, USA
Mushroom Fruit Leather!
    #1007721 - 10/30/02 09:58 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

My super intelligent monkey friend named Mr. Wiggles :wink: had this to share with everyone:

I was experimenting with various extraction methods using alcohol as the solvent and decided to try blending some cubensis mushrooms in 200 proof everclear.  Now I know some of the alkaloids degrade after a short amount of time so first I soaked them in the everclear with about 1 tsp of citric acid.  The acid combines with the two main alkaloids and forms alkaloid salts which are more stable than the alkaloids themselves.  After blending, I measured the alcohol content with a hydrometer and the alcohol was around 60% (there were a lot of mushrooms in the bottle).  I added enough blue Curacao (a liquor with a wonderful orange taste and a bright smurf blue color) to bring the percent down to around 40%.  I blended my blue concoction one more time and then put it on the shelve for a few weeks.  The solids from the mixture first floated and then after one week began to sink.  I shook this stuff twice a day.  After 3 weeks I was cleaning my storage room and ran into my dehydrator... one thought led to another and I decided to do a little experiment.  I got my jar of bright blue mushroom slurry and harvested the rest of my mushies that were growing in my back room.  Put them in the blender and pressed frappe'.  I then added some apple sauce ( know it sounds gross but bear with me.)  Mixed everything together and dehydrated the stuff like you would fruit leather.  It took about 1 day to be the consistency of fruit leather.  I then peeled the blue mushroom leather off the little frisbee that you dry it on and wrapped it in cellophane.  I made about 20 pieces of fruit leather about as big as a foot ball.  I store them in the freezer rolled up like little psychedelic maps) until the time was right.  I was out sunning my monkey self in the back yard and the thought came to me... Hey what about that mushroom fruit leather?  I had a piece It didn't taste bad at all, It wasn't your usual fruit roll up flavor but definitely lip smacking.  About twenty minutes after consuming the leather I started hearing my own breath and feeling myself breathe.  My back yard turned into a giant monkey play ground where even the grass was fun to look at.  This day trip was incredible, and one of the best trips of my life.  I think this method of extraction and storage is one of the best I have heard of.  No one will know that you have a pocket full of psychedelics, because you have a pocket full of fruit roll ups.

Next time my monkey does this I will have him right down the exact amounts so someone else can experiment with this tasty stuff. :grin:

--------------------
I'm just a field researcher for Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy.

My entry so far.... "shrooms: Mostly harmless"

Edited by noisycricket (10/30/02 10:00 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleaaarrrggghhh
Stranger
Re: Mushroom Fruit Leather! [Re: noisycricket]
    #1008261 - 10/31/02 12:23 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not sure if im following this directly. So, you took some fresh cubensis and blended it with some everclear, but you soaked them in everclear/citric acid combo before blending. Then you added blue curaco to weaken the alcahol content (and make it a pretty blue color), and blended again. Then you transferred it to a jar (?) or left it in the blender and let it sit a few weeks (while noticing alkaloid salts in the mixture). Then after 3 weeks from blending, you took the result and blended with fresh mushrooms (?) and apple juice. Then you poured this mixture into a fruitleather mold the size of a football and dehydrated. Then stored them in the freezer until consumption.

This sounds interesting. So.. you used the alcahol/citric acid to preserve fresh mushrooms and the potency. Then let the alkaloids solidify. Then mixed with more mushrooms and dehydrated. Sounds like alot of work and alot of mushrooms went into it. Wouldnt it be better to take the extracted solution and mix with some pulverized fruit, instead of using more fresh mushrooms. Or, wouldnt it also be good to just blend fresh mushrooms soaked in alcahol/citric acid, and just immediatly dehydrate instead of letting the salts solidify (since more mushrooms go into this mixture before dehydrating). Anyhow, nice idea  :cool: :cool: 

Offlinenoisycricket
Re: Mushroom Fruit Leather! [Re: aaarrrggghhh]
    #1012019 - 11/01/02 03:04 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Did I write that poorly? Mr Wiggles will explain again.

It takes a while for the fruits to give their alkaloids to the solvent that is why I waited for a couple of weeks while the mushies were sitting in the alcohol and citric acid. I added the blue curacao during this time because I knew it would still be a viable solvent and I like the color and taste. I was planning to drink the stuff but thought about the fruit leather instead. It just so happened that I had a few more fruits maturing and so I blended them in too before making fruit leather. The point to this whole extraction was to extract the fresh alkaloids and turn them into alkaloid salts before they oxidized. So drying the mushrooms and then making fruit leather was never an option. Also, the alkaloids do not solidify when they are turned into salts, the chemical reaction happens at a molecular level. This makes the alkaloids more bio-available and at the same time more stable.

--------------------

Offlinefelix
this and that
 User Gallery

Re: Mushroom Fruit Leather! [Re: noisycricket]
    #1012079 - 11/01/02 03:37 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

marvelous work mr. wiggles.  absolutely lip smacking.  truly.  could you possibly send me some  blueprints  of your monkey playground. :wink: :laugh:

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

OfflineMycoThaikoh
Cognacaholic
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: noisycricket]
    #1012099 - 11/01/02 03:46 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------

Offlinefelix
this and that
 User Gallery

Re: Mushroom Fruit Leather! [Re: MycoThaikoh]
    #1012124 - 11/01/02 04:01 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

it's like thick fruit roll-ups

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Offlinenoisycricket
Re: Mushroom Fruit Leather! [Re: felix]
    #1013999 - 11/01/02 07:54 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

like fruit roll ups without the artificial ingredients....  Aftermaking fruit leather Im worndering if you could make phycedelic fruit jelly?  Ill have to try one day. :laugh:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Dehydrator

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports