Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract, Amanita Muscaria, Amanita Pantherina, Amanita Tincture   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Analysis of hallucinogenic constituents in Amanita mushrooms circulated in Japan.
    #10049125 - 03/26/09 10:56 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Thought i could share :

Tsujikawa K, Mohri H, Kuwayama K, Miyaguchi H, Iwata Y, Gohda A,

Analysis of hallucinogenic constituents in Amanita mushrooms circulated in Japan.

The constituents of seven mushrooms sold as Amanita muscaria or Amanita pantherina (five A. muscaria and two A. pantherina) and four "extracts purported to contain A. muscaria" products that are currently circulated in Japan were determined.

All mushroom samples were identified as A. muscaria or A. pantherina by macroscopic and microscopic observation. The dissociative constituents, ibotenic acid (IBO) and muscimol (MUS), were extracted with 70% methanol twice and determined by gas chromatography/mass spectrometry. The IBO (as the hydrate)/MUS contents were in the range of <10-2845ppm/46-1052ppm in the cap of A. muscaria and 188-269ppm/1554-1880ppm in the cap of A. pantherina.

In the caps, these compounds had a tendency to be more concentrated in the flesh than in the cuticle. On the other hand, the IBO/MUS contents in the stem were far lower than in the caps. In the "extracts purported to contain A. muscaria" products, IBO/MUS were detected below the lower limit of calibration curve (<10ppm/<25ppm) or not detected.

However, these samples contained other psychoactive compounds, such as psychoactive tryptamines (5-methoxy-N,N-diisopropyltryptamine and 5-methoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine), reversible monoamine oxidase inhibitors (harmine and harmaline) and tropane alkaloids (atropine and scopolamine), which were not quantified. This is the first report of the chemical analysis of Amanita mushrooms that are circulated in the drug market.

Source: http://www.toxi.ch/upload/pdf/Newsletter_64.pdf

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site

Re: Analysis of hallucinogenic constituents in Amanita mushrooms circulated in Japan. [Re: MAIA]
    #10050933 - 03/27/09 04:08 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I'm surprised they were able to pass off Foxy Methoxy as Fly Agaric :lol:

Invisibleshponglecybin
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Analysis of hallucinogenic constituents in Amanita mushrooms circulated in Japan. [Re: CptnGarden]
    #10072456 - 03/30/09 09:05 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

amanitas contain 5meo dmt and harmine and harmaline,thats strange,thats like consolidating a nice ayahuasca brew in to one manegable mushroom.
and also tropane alks,correct me if I'm wrong but is that not the same stuff found in henbane and datura,maybe thats where the deleriant bit comes in.
i never knew about any of this before,i always just thaught it contained ibotonic acid,muscimol and muscarine.
i bet every amanita contains these chems in different levels tho,most amanitas Ive eaten have only ever made me feel a little dizzy and dreamy.

OfflineSuntzu
Geek
 User Gallery

Re: Analysis of hallucinogenic constituents in Amanita mushrooms circulated in Japan. [Re: MAIA]
    #10077079 - 03/30/09 11:35 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

The impression I got from the paper is that the 'additional compounds' [harmine/harmaline, atropine, scopolamine] were evidence that the products were spiked.  These compounds were not found in the mushroom specimens themselves, only in extracts 'purported to contain A. muscaria'.  Be careful what you order on that thar intarweb.

To my knowledge, it's pretty much ibotenic acid/muscimol for A. muscaria.  A. pantherina has these compounds, but a few new ones are coming to light as well that likely influence its variable toxicity. But those MAOIs and atropine have never been found in either species naturally.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract, Amanita Muscaria, Amanita Pantherina, Amanita Tincture   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale