Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJobi
Stranger
Euphoric, Mind-Expanding High
    #10073119 - 03/30/09 10:29 AM (15 years, 2 days ago)

Hello everyone,

My knowledge is minimal when it comes to shrooms, and I had a couple questions before I decided to dive in.

What are the most popular varieties of mushrooms?

Which ones give the most euphoric experience?

Which ones promote creative thinking?

Which ones are your personal favorites and why?

And lastly, which variety has the least potential for a bad trip, and which variety has the greatest potential for a happy trip?

I know that some of these questions are very difficult to answer, and any effort put forth to answer any of them would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRedrawing
Psychonaut

Re: Euphoric, Mind-Expanding High [Re: Jobi]
    #10073138 - 03/30/09 10:35 AM (15 years, 2 days ago)

First of all, unless you are growing or picking your own, it is 95% likely that you will get Psilocybe cubensis.

Second of all, the rest of the questions have way more to do with the person taking the mushroom than the mushroom itself. Instead of worrying about different types of mushrooms, make sure you get your set and setting comfortable and good. Also, careful consideration of dosage is key.

The idea of a certain type of mushroom having more chance of producing a 'bad' trip is rather absurd. Again, it all comes from the person. If you are someone who hasn't learned to deal head-on with negative emotions, that is what will spur a bad trip.

--------------------

I'm an insect who dreamt he was a man and loved it, but now that dream is over and the insect is awake

Offlinefeifen

#10073176 - 03/30/09 10:44 AM (15 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Jobi said:

And lastly, which variety has the least potential for a bad trip, and which variety has the greatest potential for a happy trip?

Thanks!

Cubes would be the most popular, just by the sheer amount that people indulge in them.

Shrooms is not so easy as to explain which will give more euphoric tendencies, or creative thinking, etc. However, dosage is extremely important, and you must know ABOUT the Shrooms you are taking, some are more potent than others, and each batch of Shrooms is never the same.

Shrooms are kind of tricky, but kind of not. If your looking for a drug just to get high and have euphoia on, I probably don't recommend it, however if you are looking for euphoria, insight, creativeness, and a general "understanding" then your set.

Shrooms is a psychedelic, which I'm sure you know of, and the best way to get a good experience out of it is SET & SETTING. Your mindset and where you are at / will be. Some people can handle themselves better than others, but do not think you are some superman and can trip at public places your first time, this will create a HAVOC of an experience or in rare cases maybe you'll have an amazing time.

The best experience I have gotten on shrooms has been simply at home, with my girlfriend with both of us hippy flipping. I was in a great mood prior to dosing and the MDMA definitely made for an intense combo.

If you have any questions still please ask! Better safe than sorry, psychedelics are no game.

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#10073501 - 03/30/09 12:02 PM (15 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Jobi said:
Hello everyone,

My knowledge is minimal when it comes to shrooms, and I had a couple questions before I decided to dive in.

I know that some of these questions are very difficult to answer, and any effort put forth to answer any of them would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

All "strains" of mushrooms have the potential to produce every effect you listed.

Not one particular strain is going to give a certain trip.

Some people swear that certain strains tend to be more visual or more spiritual...But really when it comes down to it all mushrooms contain the same exact substances that make us trip. Those chemicals are Psilocybin, and Psilocin along with a few others that aren't as prominent.

As others have said, the trip you will have won't really matter on the mushroom. It will depend entirely on you.

--------------------

OfflineJobi
Stranger
Re: Euphoric, Mind-Expanding High [Re: openmind]
    #10073527 - 03/30/09 12:10 PM (15 years, 1 day ago)

Wow, thanks everyone for all of your help!

I am looking to grown my own and just wanted to make sure I make the right purchase. Do you guys recommend a site or certain variety?

Thanks a bunch!

OfflineRedrawing
Psychonaut

#10073544 - 03/30/09 12:13 PM (15 years, 1 day ago)

I would get cubensis if you are growing your own. They are low-maintenance and easy to grow, while some of the other strains can be more difficult or time-consuming. For a beginner, practicalities such as these are more important to consider than the exoticness of different strains IMO.

As for all the different types of cubensis you will come across, it's all an advertising pitch. A cube is a cube is a cube imo.

--------------------

I'm an insect who dreamt he was a man and loved it, but now that dream is over and the insect is awake

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck