Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineveinsonfire
eternal

Green mold, black mold, bacterial blotch, slimey caps? *pics*
    #10055719 - 03/27/09 06:22 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I'd like to know if you guys can identify some of the contamination in my first "successful" cubensis grow, using 4 growbags from themadseason amd a B+ syringe from sporeworks.
One of the bags came out good, although it did show signs of green mold, but overall the shrooms look edible, here are some pics from that one:
Am I correct in assuming that's mostly bruising?

The shrooms from this bag came out slimey, and as you can see there's some black hair-like mold on the side.

I was weary of these but still kept them, as they did not look like they had a bacterial blotch, but I'd like some reassurance on wheter they're safe.
I'll post some pics of the bag which I am certain became infected with a bacterial blotch:

These were nasty and discarded after taking pics for cross reference, here you can see some shrooms with bacteria and a slimey yet unsuspicious shroom to the far left on the first pic, on the bottom in the second one, and a close up on the third one:

And here you can see another three slimey mushrooms
which do not look infected:

I find weird the fact that they're slimey unlike the first cake displayed, yet they do not look unhealthy.
I want to know if there's a reason I shouldn't eat them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Green mold, black mold, bacterial blotch, slimey caps? *pics* [Re: veinsonfire]
    #10056973 - 03/27/09 09:13 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

All are edible if you dry them.  I see one spot of black mold on the substrate, but it doesn't render the mushrooms bad. 

Picture one is fine.  Bruising. 

Picture 2 is spores from the open caps on the substrate-fine.

Picture three has mold.  Harvest the fruits and toss out the substrate. 

Pictures four through the end show fruits that were probably over-misted with insufficient fresh air exchange.  You're supposed to have enough fresh air in your terrarium that the fruits are completely dry within fifteen minutes after misting.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlineveinsonfire
eternal

Re: Green mold, black mold, bacterial blotch, slimey caps? *pics* [Re: veinsonfire]
    #10059809 - 03/28/09 12:27 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I was a bit disappointed that there was only one reply to my thread but as soon as I realized it was yours I was relieved.
I ingested the ones I had previously deemed safe last night and had a positively great experience, I introduced my cousin to the organism and he also had an entirely rewarding trip.
Once I read your reply I retrieved the discarded shrooms from the trash and they showed no signs of degradation, remarkably, so I'm drying them as I type.
Thanks! Your knowledge is invaluable man.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags