Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleshadyy
aHhahhHA
 User Gallery

Loc: winchestertonfieldville i...
Re: The TRIPPY games list!! [Re: Germican]
    #11542796 - 11/28/09 12:59 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

it'd be cooler with sound

--------------------

ga ga ga eets eets how you gone be mad on vacation?
MONICA COULDN'T TELL TIME UNTIL SHE WAS 13

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSheeno
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: England
Re: The TRIPPY games list!! [Re: Germican]
    #11543001 - 11/28/09 01:36 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Germican said:
Any play the playstation game LSD? It is supose to be a dream simulator besed on the creators dreams. Tripiest game i have ever played.

Holy shit.

My life would be complete if someone made a game like that with next-generation graphics. I would love to see how developers try and recreate dreams using the vastly improved tools at their advantage.

"After roughly 20 days of gameplay, a new option will appear in the main menu, called "Flashback". This mode is more spontaneous than the regular gameplay. You start out the mode like you would any normal day. It, however, seems to have the capacity to become much stranger. It transports you from the current dream every 10 seconds to another, more unusual dream. It also lasts between 3-5 minutes over the regular mode's 10+ minutes. Some players believe what one sees in flashback mode is what you might eventually see in the actual gameplay as a flashback does not count as a dream."

Cool, ever have your game on long enough to acquire 20 days of gameplay? It's an awful lot.

"The freeware game Yume Nikki (lit. Dream Diary) by Kikiyama features a dream-based storyline similar to LSD. The games also share some ideas (both games feature a road where a car accident has taken place, for example.) Yume Nikki has also been praised for its surreal and disturbing qualities. Other than this, Yume Nikki is a game with stable environments and a few random events, with little more comparison."

Cool, I'm going to go and check that one out.

OfflineMushBush
Paranoid Eye
Male User Gallery

Re: The TRIPPY games list!! [Re: Sheeno]
    #11543297 - 11/28/09 02:21 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Sheeno said:
Quote:

MushBush said:
No doubt most of you played Sonic The Hedgehog, but have you tried Chaos Emerald bonus levels while tripping?

Heres how it looks on Youtube

Yeah, but you have to complete a level with 50  coins to get there, and then it won't take long before you've either completed the bonus stage or failed it, with no way to restart. :frown:

I think cheats would help us in this situation. There must be codes that move Sonic to bonus lvls immediately.

--------------------
There's a hunger still unsatisfied...

OfflineSheeno
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The TRIPPY games list!! [Re: MushBush]
    #11543368 - 11/28/09 02:40 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Sadly, I can't find a cheat code of that nature for it, and there weren't really cheat devices around as far as I know. Maybe in an emulator...

You have reminded me, though, of the (presumably) somewhat trippy gamemode in Sonic 2, the special stage. You can play it two-player and doesn't have any special requisites if you get there from the versus mode.

Invisibleshadyy
aHhahhHA
 User Gallery

#11543416 - 11/28/09 02:49 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

hahah i remember that
tails was my shit

--------------------

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
Re: The TRIPPY games list!! [Re: shadyy]
    #11544309 - 11/28/09 05:12 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

:aweoverdose:

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

OfflineSheeno
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The TRIPPY games list!! [Re: lukeboots]
    #11544895 - 11/28/09 06:52 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

lukeboots said:
:aweoverdose:

:awetrippie:

Offlinedispizeme

#11568102 - 12/02/09 05:21 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

System Shock 2(PC)

Deus Ex (PC)

Fallout 2 (PC)

And Earthbound is amazing, anyone who has yet to play it should look into it immediately.

Invisibleshadyy
aHhahhHA
 User Gallery

Re: The TRIPPY games list!! [Re: lukeboots]
    #11577087 - 12/03/09 02:20 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i loved the sound when you'd get hit and lose all your wrings and the jumping sound

edit-i meant rings

--------------------

Edited by shadyy (12/05/09 12:15 PM)

OfflineSheeno
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #11589724 - 12/05/09 12:13 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

WOOOP!

TING-ING!!

OfflineRefuseToSPoon
Day Tripper
Male

Loc: Central Wisconsin
    #11608470 - 12/08/09 02:02 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I didn't take the time to read the whole thread, but did anyone mention Oblivion for 360? The complexity of the game might make it a tad difficult to play while tripping, but if you get overwhelmed just run around the woods enjoying the scenery and hunting deer with fireballs. Good, wholesome fun.

OfflineSheeno
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The TRIPPY games list!! [Re: RefuseToSPoon]
    #11609239 - 12/08/09 12:40 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

RefuseToSPoon said:
I didn't take the time to read the whole thread, but did anyone mention Oblivion for 360? The complexity of the game might make it a tad difficult to play while tripping, but if you get overwhelmed just run around the woods enjoying the scenery and hunting deer with fireballs. Good, wholesome fun.

It has always occurred to me to play this on the PC whilst I'm tripping, but I never really trip alone and so if I'm going to play video games, I generally play multiplayer on the PS3. Either way, especially after some mods if you have it on the PC, I can imagine it would be a fantastic experience (so long as the weather remains good... I hate it when it's overcast, visibility is poor and no matter how many days you wait it just doesn't change).

And, once you get bored of the immersion, just put in a few cheats and rampage the Imperial City, and after the massacre move the bodies into suggestive positions with one another. :laugh:

OfflineRefuseToSPoon
Day Tripper
Male

Loc: Central Wisconsin
    #11609929 - 12/08/09 02:10 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

^LOL. thats why i love obliv man. get bored. say fuk the actual game and just run around and do crazy shit. expansion pack? nuts. straight nutty. giant mushrooms on the horizon? nuff said.

OfflineGoshAllMighty
Oh My Gosh!
Male User Gallery

Loc: °360
Re: The TRIPPY games list!! [Re: RefuseToSPoon]
    #11651938 - 12/14/09 09:34 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Twiztidsage said:
Max Payne - Heavy subject matter for a heavy mindfuck

and bullet time! :slomo::vaped:

Toe Jam and Earl

Phyconauts

Geowars

+Super Columbine Massacre RPG

I think most video games are "trippy", they are other universes where I get to BE the most relative object/charchter and/or god.

I loved playing around with the Crytek engine, always dream about making a game specifically made for shrooming.

--------------------

Perception is delicious.

OfflineMaterialsScience
Engineer
Re: The TRIPPY games list!! [Re: GoshAllMighty]
    #11653003 - 12/15/09 01:03 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Braid on xbox live arcade is fucking awesome, the soudtrack as well as the art and gameplay are super good.  It's also very easy to pick up so it won't cause people tripping to give up instantly. 

OfflineSorpionDude
Listener
Male

Re: The TRIPPY games list!! [Re: Etherealfeeling]
    #17069576 - 10/20/12 08:26 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Etherealfeeling said:

Tomba! is definately a good one. Pink haired kid beating the shit outta pigs taking over the world. Hell Yeah

--------------------
"Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present."

~Bil Keane

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: The TRIPPY games list!! [Re: SorpionDude]
    #17070063 - 10/20/12 09:59 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Batman arkahm asylum
far cry 3

OfflineCj-B
All the same...I saw it first.
Male

Loc: The Library of Babel
Re: The TRIPPY games list!! [Re: the bizzle]
    #17070200 - 10/20/12 10:31 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:

and Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne.

Quote:

The plot of this game is a complex affair, but the simple version goes like this. In the beginning of the game, the world ends. Seas of fire, everyone dies, the whole bit. The hero is saved from this particular apocalypse, called The Conception, along with two of his friends, by a strange young boy. What follows is a battle not just between Light and Darkness, but among neutral powers, to control the future state of the universe.

Shin Megami Tensei; Nocturne features a non-linear plot which does a very good job of allowing the player to find his or her own path through the game. During the course of the game, the player is given the opportunity to guide the fate of the universe by selecting a Reason, or a set of universal laws by which the world will be governed.

In choosing a path through the game, the story asks some very big, very serious questions of the player - does might make right? Is it better that everyone be unified, or should everyone have absolute control over their own world? How free are you? The answers the player gives to these questions and others like it will determine not just the course of the plot but the state of the world to come, and even has consequences in the greater war between the two major players in the SMT series; YHWH and Satan. Though these two characters represent Light and Dark, the game doesn't instantly typecast them as Good and Evil. Both sides commit some horrific atrocities in the name of their ideals, and the world is full of innocent bystanders. The fate of the humans caught between these powers makes up a great deal of the story, and the best part of it all is that since the player actually has a chance to affect the fate of the characters around them, you really start to care about the people in the Vortex World. Given your choices in the game, innocent lives may be lost, your friends may turn against you, or the entire world may even cease to be.

While no side in the game is depicted as being truly good, God is depicted as being a ruthless, petty despot dedicated to the subjugation of the universe in general and the human race in particular. Satan is portrayed as a noble rebel, albeit one who doesn't particularly notice damage he causes those around him

Liberal copy pasta-ing from a review to properly explain this game...Its an excellent game if you like deep, philosophical trips...or just like to play awesome games. Either way SMT: Nocturne delivers.

--------------------
Steam - Sufficient Dakka - http://steamcommunity.com/id/boidsandtoitles

3DS Friend Code  1994-0764-2796

InvisibleMr. Dabz
Stranger
 User Gallery

#18372174 - 06/05/13 11:33 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

This game straight up blew my mind!

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

Re: The TRIPPY games list!! [Re: Etherealfeeling]
    #18373538 - 06/05/13 04:37 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Etherealfeeling said:

Tombi QFT.

--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder