Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinejoe Biggs
Male

Re: The TRIPPY games list!! [Re: capt cap]
    #10505555 - 06/14/09 06:37 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i dont know if youd call it 'trippy' per say. but Mass Effect (for 360 or PC) has some far out scenery, characters (aliens) and animations.
and i just demoed both Geo Wars 2 and Rez. and while Rez is alot trippier, Geo Wars is more fun.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleBoutang
AKMC
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The TRIPPY games list!! [Re: Shroomism]
    #10508307 - 06/15/09 02:58 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

And the trippiest RPG of all time:

My absolute favorite game.  I would have sex with it if that was possible.  I mean lots of sex.  Dirty filthy anything you can think of.  I might even let it pee on me.....

--------------------

North to the future is our motto I'm still up north no future to follow
We do these things and we don't give a fuck, we fire up a blunt in the car bumping Cougnut.

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: The TRIPPY games list!! [Re: Boutang]
    #10529601 - 06/18/09 12:48 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Tail of the Sun (PS)

Heart of Darkness (PS, PC)

Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)

Earthbound (SNES)

Persona: Revelations (PS)

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: The TRIPPY games list!! [Re: Grav]
    #10533193 - 06/18/09 11:36 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

how is that game persona btw the new one looked fat but it didnt look like i had to kill myself to enjoy the other one.

OfflineEtherealfeeling
invisible suture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sleepless City Treno
Re: The TRIPPY games list!! [Re: Konyap]
    #10533267 - 06/18/09 11:45 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: The TRIPPY games list!! [Re: Etherealfeeling]
    #10533992 - 06/19/09 01:39 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i loved persona: revelations.  it's hard as fuck though, I never beat it.  i played it when I was like 14 though, and the strange gothic modern world tone was really interesting to me.

Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke

Loc: :seriousbusiness:
Re: The TRIPPY games list!! [Re: Grav]
    #10534540 - 06/19/09 03:24 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

holy shit...I just discovered this section of the forum :thumbup::smile:

Glad to see Earthbound getting some extremely deserved love

Super Mario Sunshine is a pretty underrated game that definitely belongs on this list
oh yea...The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask...now THAT's one trippy ass game :thumbup::thumbup: :psychsplit:  :royalrainbow:

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: The TRIPPY games list!! [Re: the bizzle]
    #10547374 - 06/21/09 02:45 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Offlinepaulthewalrus
Stranger

Re: The TRIPPY games list!! [Re: mightymrmojo]
    #10552406 - 06/22/09 08:44 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Rez and Space Giraffe for the 360 are like pb and j with psychedellics

and speaking of earthbound, earthbound 3 (the one not released in the US) just got a really well done fan patch, so grab that and a GBA emulator.

OfflineSprezzatura
Virtuoso
Male

Loc: On the Atlantic Ocean
Re: The TRIPPY games list!! [Re: lexmark]
    #11295509 - 10/21/09 11:06 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Damn, I watched that 'Audio Surf' video and I thought I WAS tripping... that's awesome... what console is that on?  I've never heard of it.

I will be watching that again next time I trip out.

--------------------
Spectaculorum procedere debet

:mushroom2: :beer:

Edited by Sprezzatura (10/22/09 12:28 AM)

Invisiblelqdtrance
Hunter
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: NY
Re: The TRIPPY games list!! [Re: Sprezzatura]
    #11295688 - 10/21/09 11:27 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Its not on a console. Google it, they have a demo I think. Cant remember if it costs anything or not.

--------------------
Pandha Piranha.

Edited by lqdtrance (10/21/09 11:28 PM)

OfflineThe24HourMC
Master Of Ceremonies
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gone
Re: The TRIPPY games list!! [Re: lqdtrance]
    #11299445 - 10/22/09 03:09 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

theres this game called Okami for PS2 , but the better version is for Wii. Its fuckin trippy as hell.

--------------------

My Baby In MCLA

Fuckin Shit

Fuck that stay high

OfflineSheeno
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: England
Re: The TRIPPY games list!! [Re: The24HourMC]
    #11527288 - 11/25/09 06:15 PM (12 years, 6 days ago)

This thread should be at the top of the forum!

For all of you PS3 owners out there... you have a whole, downloadable, trippy world at your fingertips. Not to mention you can get them for free if you gameshare. Here are a few of my favourites:

Pixeljunk Eden

Basically, you control a little thing, called a "grimp", and jump/swing around this beautiful 2-D environment with trippy electronic music. The aim is to catch pollen, which fills up pollen catchers, and then you jump on the pollen catchers to make weird and wonderful plants grow, which you can then climb and use to ascend in the level. The aim is to capture "spectra", of which there are five in each level, which then make your "garden" (basically the area at which you choose your level) grow. Wonderful game, all the levels are very varied (so if you don't like the one in the video, there's bound to be one you like), and it's 3 player. Cons are that the levels are timed (but you can constantly replenish that time) and when you catch one spectra, you complete the level, then the next time you must catch two etc. - this means you have to do each level five times, which can get slightly tedious. Be sure to get the expansion.

Flower

In this, you control a single petal. You hold any button on the controller to make a gust of wind blow the petal forward (the triggers and analog sticks allow for varying powers), whilst you control direction using the motion-controlled Sixaxis function. When your petal hits a flower, that flower blooms and another petal follows you, until you have a massive line of petals gusting in the wind. Beautiful visuals, only one player though. Six different levels, including a beautiful daytime scene, one which starts monochrome as you bring colour to the landscape, and one set at nighttime where your petals illuminate the way. On the downside, there are one or two levels where it becomes slightly industrial (twisted mechanical spires and jolting electricity are portrayed negatively, I believe they had some sort of artistic statement about nature and industrialisation), which are less fun and beautiful.

[url=

flOw

By the same developers as Flower, this is also controlled via the Sixaxis. Ever played the game Snake? It's a bit like a beautiful, more complex version of that. But still so simplistic. More comparable to the earlier stages of Spore, really. Anyway, you choose a creature (after playing for a certain time with one you unlock another and so on until you have 8 or so I think), and then you simply move around, eating small creatures and avoiding larger ones. Your creature gradually gets larger and more intricate as you go on. The face buttons can be used to active certain mechanisms, for example spinning or a burst of speed. There aren't "levels", it's more one big level: if you eat a red creature, you go deeper where more complex creatures lurk, and likewise blue creatures cause you to ascend so you can beef your creature up on smaller pickings. Up to four players. Only complaint is that your creatures do not get saved, although you can kind of see why. Get expansion. It's debatable whether or not you want to get this if you don't plan on playing it whilst tripping... I do find it relaxing from time to time, however, and worth its price tag.

Noby Noby Boy

The most peculiar one here... I believe it's by the same creators as We <3 Katamari, which someone else mentioned. There is no real objective, you just stretch out this worm thing, eat stuff, shrink, and just wriggle around the environment. It's seriously fun though. Eating caused you to increase in girth, although you can thin yourself if you so desire. Up to four players. The only real "goal" is to stretch your Boy lots, which you then report online and causes this big thing in space to increase in size. As she (called "Girl") extends, she reaches farther from Earth. As she encounters new planets, those environments become playable! It's a crazy idea. I believe we've made our way past Jupiter recently, and the sizes are realistic, so as you can imagine it's a long way to Saturn. Only cons are really that the multiplayer is tacked on (camera only focuses on player one), and some people may not like the lack of objective.

Right, this has taken up more time than expected. They're my favourites, but some other games you might like to consider are: echochrome (fantastic puzzler, one player); Riff: Everyday Shooter (trippy twin-stick shooter, one player); Wipeout HD (futuristic racer, two player, zone (and zone battle) mode especially trippy, get expansion); Super Stardust HD (astronomical twin-stick shooter, two player, get expansion); and finally Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars (ignore the name, basically football/soccer... but with cars, extremely fun, four player including splitscreen online, not particularly trippy but still good when under the influence (I often get weird thoughts juxtaposing the ball to a divine figure...)).

Hope this persuades someone! I guarantee with these games in your collection, you shall never be at a loss for things to do whilst tripping, especially with friends (not that it's very common to be at a loss for things to do whilst tripping...). And you don't even have you leave your house to get them! If you know someone who also has a PS3, I recommend gamesharing i.e. one person buys some, the other buys the others, and then you share passwords and downloading from each other's accounts. Good way to save money.

EDIT: Sorry some are imbedded and others not. I intended for none to be. Seems beyond my control though.

Edited by Sheeno (11/25/09 06:24 PM)

OfflineMushBush
Paranoid Eye
Male User Gallery

Re: The TRIPPY games list!! [Re: Sheeno]
    #11539061 - 11/27/09 08:21 PM (12 years, 4 days ago)

No doubt most of you played Sonic The Hedgehog, but have you tried Chaos Emerald bonus levels while tripping?

Heres how it looks on Youtube

--------------------
There's a hunger still unsatisfied...

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: The TRIPPY games list!! [Re: Killer Sausage]
    #11539189 - 11/27/09 08:41 PM (12 years, 4 days ago)

Marble Madness

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

OfflineSheeno
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: England
Re: The TRIPPY games list!! [Re: MushBush]
    #11541383 - 11/28/09 09:11 AM (12 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

MushBush said:
No doubt most of you played Sonic The Hedgehog, but have you tried Chaos Emerald bonus levels while tripping?

Heres how it looks on Youtube

Yeah, but you have to complete a level with 50+ coins to get there, and then it won't take long before you've either completed the bonus stage or failed it, with no way to restart. :frown:

OfflineOzekat
Cosmic Observer
Male

Loc: Kentucky
Re: The TRIPPY games list!! [Re: Sheeno] * 1
    #11542533 - 11/28/09 02:06 PM (12 years, 3 days ago)

Ok, how could we leave out Metroid Prime II:Echoes?

Granted the first one is trippy as well, but not nearly as fantastically strange as the Dark Realm with its tentacles, purple swirling skies, pulsating enviornments, arcane architecture and netherworld-like plants that breathe...just like on shrooms.

--------------------
Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are.
- Chinese Proverb

:teleport:

:yinyang: Beauty & Simplicity

OfflineGermican
Wyld Stallyn

Re: The TRIPPY games list!! [Re: Ozekat]
    #11542603 - 11/28/09 02:21 PM (12 years, 3 days ago)

Any play the playstation game LSD? It is supose to be a dream simulator besed on the creators dreams. Tripiest game i have ever played.

Invisibleshadyy
aHhahhHA
 User Gallery

Loc: winchestertonfieldville i...
Re: The TRIPPY games list!! [Re: Germican]
    #11542753 - 11/28/09 02:50 PM (12 years, 3 days ago)

it looks like a mod
what's the objective ?

--------------------

ga ga ga eets eets how you gone be mad on vacation?
MONICA COULDN'T TELL TIME UNTIL SHE WAS 13

OfflineGermican
Wyld Stallyn

Re: The TRIPPY games list!! [Re: shadyy]
    #11542779 - 11/28/09 02:55 PM (12 years, 3 days ago)

There isn't an objective...you walk around and if you touch something your world changes. There are random events like once i was walking down a hallway that kept extending as i was walking and finally i got to a room with some guys back to me. He turned around and shot me and the day ended. It's a dream simulator so just expect fucked up thinks...pretty need game to waste a few hours on. Also some days are more nightmarish than others.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, Anno, Thor, Link, Seuss, Shroomism, CookieCrumbs
68,105 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 4 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Print Topic | ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2021 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.013 seconds on 17 queries.