Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinesirJ
enlightened darkmatter

Loc: middle of nowhere
10" mofo and a honey water question
    #1005638 - 10/30/02 09:33 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

so as to save online space (reduce, reuse, recycle right?) i have a nice fruit i'd like to show off and a question. first the question.. anyone have an idea how i can get a clump of mycelium out of my honey water whlie still being very sterile? i'm unable to suck it up through the needle of my syringe and have had it sitting in the fridge going on two months now. various strains.. eq, pesa and puerto rican.

and here's my baby.. biggest one for me to date.. SF-1 strain i believe.. anyone have any experience with this strain?

cap looks small in comparison to the length of the stalk i'm sure it will be yummy.. i don't have a scale... so i can't give you all a weight... but.. it almost brings a tear to my eye *sniff* thank you for your time

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: 10" mofo and a honey water question [Re: sirJ]
    #1005672 - 10/30/02 09:42 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

anyone have an idea how i can get a clump of mycelium out of my honey water whlie still being very sterile? i'm unable to suck it up through the needle of my syringe and have had it sitting in the fridge going on two months now.

If you can fill a sterile syringe with sterile water, you could squirt it into the jar of honey water to dilute it somewhat so that you can suck it back up. It should still work great as long as the solution is mixed well.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

OfflinesirJ
enlightened darkmatter

#1005876 - 10/30/02 10:41 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i think you misunderstood... unfortunately.. the mycelium isn't just spread even throughout.. nor can it be.. it's like cotton balls... that i have yet been able to break apart... i'd try a blender or somethnig but the sterilty is a big issue..

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
    #1006419 - 10/30/02 12:45 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

clean the blender with bleach, use a little peroxide when blending?

--------------------

InvisibleCheeba
the shroomyqueen

Loc: atop my secret mountain
Re: 10" mofo and a honey water question [Re: blink]
    #1006515 - 10/30/02 01:15 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

The next time you make some of your honey/water solution, why don't you put a marble into the jar before you steralize it? The marble does two things for you. It will help break apart any large chunks...and also, when swirled around, it creates negative pressure, so when you take the tape of the lid, or whatever your setup is....the negative pressure blows air OUT...helping to aid in contaminate freeness!
I do hope this helps out!!!
Love, Cheeba

--------------------
Carpe Diem <*))))><
Theres one sweet whirld out there!!
Now remember, you are unique! Just like everybody else!

OfflinesirJ
enlightened darkmatter

Re: 10" mofo and a honey water question [Re: Cheeba]
    #1009848 - 10/31/02 10:31 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

thank you :smile: that was just the answer i was looking for.. although it doesn't help much now.. but i appreciate it :wink:
and a tip.. if you have a dollar general in your area i know you can get a big bag of marble for a 1.50.. good price in my opinion :smile: lots of great growing things there :wink:

i also pulled off some of this first flush.. pretty impressive.. my biggest grow yet... i'll have to guess on the weight eventually

OfflineFred Garvin
Male Prostitute
Loc: The northern part of sout...
Re: 10" mofo and a honey water question [Re: Cheeba]
    #1009872 - 10/31/02 10:48 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

when swirled around, it creates negative pressure, so when you take the tape of the lid, or whatever your setup is....the negative pressure blows air OUT

How does a marble swirling in a fluid create negative pressure? And if it does, is this not a vacuum, which would draw air into the jar? I would think the marble would help to break up clumps of mycellium, and nothing more.
Just curious.

Also, if the marble does help break up the chunks, why couldn't he just sterilize a marble now and drop it in, paying very close attention to cleanliness, of course?

--------------------

The above statements are just the incoherent babblings of your friendly neighborhood Cracker!

Shur drinkin kils brane sells--but only the week ones!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures