Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 45º parallel Flag
Severe vomiting syndrome has been linked to chronic mariganja puffage.
    #10048651 - 03/26/09 08:00 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

There’s mounting evidence that a new syndrome is directly related to chronic abuse of marijuana.

The severe vomiting sickness, called "cannabinoid hyperemesis," was first recognized in Australia in 2004.

U.S. researchers have uncovered a new case involving a 22-year-old man from Omaha, Neb, according to a study published in the March issue of the World Journal of Gastroenterology.

The latest findings were presented by Dr. Siva Sontineni and colleagues from the Creighton University Medical Center in Omaha, Neb.

Symptoms include nausea, stomach pain and severe vomiting. Sufferers report the only way to get some relief is from taking a hot bath or shower.

“Doctors and health care workers currently under recognize the syndrome leading to delayed diagnosis and expensive diagnostic investigations,” Sontineni wrote in the report.

“Increasing consistent use of marijuana among United States populations, particularly young people, over several years will see a steady rise in the number of cases diagnosed each year.”

In the Nebraska case, the man had been smoking heavy doses of marijuana daily for six years. This eventually led to bouts of vomiting lasting 2-3 hours daily, and it was worse after meals, the Australian Associated Press reported.

Scientists are still trying to figure out why these symptoms appear and why they appear only after several years of marijuana abuse.

article
:boobs:

--------------------

I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Loc: Glenn Gould's Fuck Windmill Flag
Re: Severe vomiting syndrome has been linked to chronic mariganja puffage. [Re: snoot]
    #10048669 - 03/26/09 08:01 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

dumbass probably swallowed smoke :rofl:

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

Offlinemoe.phan
listening for the secret
Male User Gallery

Loc: searching for the sound
Re: Severe vomiting syndrome has been linked to chronic mariganja puffage. [Re: twighead]
    #10048723 - 03/26/09 08:07 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

well, dr. sativa somniferum needs to get his head out of his ass and quit with these scare tactics. reefer madness!!!!!!!!!

Offline1upshroom
Plant Collector
Male

Loc: On the eastern edge
Re: Severe vomiting syndrome has been linked to chronic mariganja puffage. [Re: twighead]
    #10048725 - 03/26/09 08:07 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

What a load of crap. Was he also drinking excessively? That can also lead to stomach pains and vomiting. I have had that same issue with my stomach for years minus the vomiting way before I ever smoked anything. I found that it was due to being stressed and anxiety and just being depressed.

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buckeye Flag
Re: Severe vomiting syndrome has been linked to chronic mariganja puffage. [Re: 1upshroom]
    #10048838 - 03/26/09 08:22 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

REFFER MADNESS!!

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules