Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMycoMario
:D
 User Gallery

Re: Suitable Bulk Substrate? [Re: JohnSmithe]
    #10046058 - 03/26/09 01:37 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

JohnSmithe said:
I would never put anyone else at risk, I was really more worried about people wondering why my house smelt of shit.

word. don't worry about that, it smells a little earthy if anything. i enjoy the smell personally.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJohnSmithe
Stranger
Re: Suitable Bulk Substrate? [Re: MycoMario]
    #10046131 - 03/26/09 01:48 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

That's good to hear, the only manure I've ever worked with has been for gardening and the odor off it is always pretty bad.

I'll probably still just run coir this time, but I'll definitely keep manure in mind for the future.

Thanks for all the help and having the patience required to provide it, its much appreciated.

Offlinefltdriver82
Naked and offensive
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a trip
Re: Suitable Bulk Substrate? [Re: JohnSmithe]
    #10049832 - 03/26/09 10:31 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Go to any hardware or nursery store and ask one of the employees to order you a 4cubic foot bag of verm ($15-20) and they should have it for you within a week. Don't worry about them wondering why you want so much, it's almost gardening season and you are just stocking up.

--------------------
The Fourth Amendment gives every American the right to refuse any search without a warrant.

Say hello to my friend, his name is George.
Every other ? you have is answered here

:mushroom2:In soviet russia, mushroom trips on you

OfflineTHE SUN BEAR
Loc: Earth
Re: Suitable Bulk Substrate? [Re: myCo_psyCo]
    #15466364 - 12/04/11 07:50 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I am planning on spawning to a bulk substrate of horse manure, at a ratio of between 1:2, or 1:3.
i have all half pint jars
1 is wbs
3 are pf cakes made with vermiculite
and i also have 3 that i made using perlite instead of verm.

i know that it is not recommended to use perlite in the pf tek, but i did.

my last bulk substrate was made w/ 1:2 ratio, and 4 verm cakes, and one perlite cake.
it worked well (24g dry from a 9"x11" and 3" deep box)

i was wondering, would the amount of perlite i plan to use dry out my substrate?
maybe more manure, and just 2 jars?

--------------------
Life is like a box of chocolate, the moment you think you have a grip on it, it melts between your fingers.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order