Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinemozartvicious
Perma Trails
Male

Loc: Dead luck hubris
Unemployment sucks, fast food?
    #10044132 - 03/26/09 06:28 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

The bastards are finally cutting me off of unemployment.  I've been trying extremely hard to get a decent job again but it's seemingly point-fucking-less to even try.

I feel weird being almost 26, having LTL/Freight supervisor/routing/manager (stuff that takes brains to do) experience, holding a $50,000 a year job, getting laid off and then having to apply at fast food joints just to be able to scrape by on my mortgage because they're the only places that seem to be hiring anyone.

anyone else in this raggedy boat?

--------------------

Friend- "Dude, A lot of people thought you were a snob in High School"

ME- "What? I didn't even talk to those people"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Unemployment sucks, fast food? [Re: mozartvicious]
    #10044138 - 03/26/09 06:32 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

No, I'm not very thankful for my well-paying job, sad to say.  :frown:  I know I should be in today's economic struggle, but I feel so distant from holding it up to any personal value, despite the fact that it helps me to feed myself. 

Sorry you're going through some bullshit!  It does sound frustrating.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: Unemployment sucks, fast food? [Re: MOTH]
    #10044148 - 03/26/09 06:35 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

If I may ask, what do you do?

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Unemployment sucks, fast food? [Re: Poid]
    #10044153 - 03/26/09 06:36 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

I just work in data entry.  It's really monotonous.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10044155 - 03/26/09 06:38 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

I can imagine...

Did you need a degree for that job?

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #10044156 - 03/26/09 06:38 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

I'm happy unemployed, just got out of 6 years of soul destroying bullshit.  I hate work.  It would be OK if I didn't have to put up with complete assholes but every job seems to have them.

Theres the condescending pricks that have the authority to sack you so they treat you like their personal bitch.  Then theres the lifers who have been there so long that they have become robots devoid of all personality.  Then theres the petty people that do anything to annoy you because they are so miserable their selves.

Money is not that important, I'd rather just get by than spend my whole day in work just so I can show off a fancy car.

Offlinemozartvicious
Perma Trails
Male

#10044159 - 03/26/09 06:39 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

I had an interview at a bank for data entry, 12/hr (what I thought was a big pay cut at the time)
I passed the word and 10-key typing test with tremendous accuracy & results, but they told me I was 'over-qualified'?  What the fuck is Over Qualified?  Guess they wanted someone fucking up the numbers.

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Unemployment sucks, fast food? [Re: Ego Death]
    #10044162 - 03/26/09 06:40 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

That's what I fucking hate about this society. If you think about it, many jobs are basically pointless; we need to figure out a new system that doesn't force people into the situations to explained above.

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

#10044171 - 03/26/09 06:45 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Offlinemozartvicious
Perma Trails
Male

#10044173 - 03/26/09 06:47 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
That's what I fucking hate about this society. If you think about it, many jobs are basically pointless; we need to figure out a new system that doesn't force people into the situations to explained above.

I thought about it, what jobs are you talking about that are pointless?
There's a few jobs out there that are pointless and often become eradicated as the economic belt tightens... but I would say most jobs in society serve some type of point and are some kind of strand in the web that keeps society as a functioning life-force.

I'm for capitalism, but some things do need to be tweaked for things to work better.

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#10044178 - 03/26/09 06:49 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
I can imagine...

I don't think so.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10044181 - 03/26/09 06:50 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Ego Death said:
http://www.thevenusproject.com/

I've heard about that, but I need to look more into it. What do you thin the chances are that this project will actually become a reality?

Quote:

mozartvicious said:

Quote:

Poid said:

I thought about it, what jobs are you talking about that are pointless?
There's a few jobs out there that are pointless and often become eradicated as the economic belt tightens... but I would say most jobs in society serve some type of point and are some kind of strand in the web that keeps society as a functioning life-force.

I'm for capitalism, but some things do need to be tweaked for things to work better.

Society as it is, yes. But that's what I'm saying; society as it is is BS. Instead of being a society of relaxed, calm individuals, we are a society of neurotic, busy lunatics. :sadyes:

I'd say much more on this, but I am much too tired to be debating right now...

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10044182 - 03/26/09 06:51 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

MOTH said:
Quote:

Poid said:
I can imagine...

I don't think so.

Was it easy to get?

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Offlinemozartvicious
Perma Trails
Male

#10044187 - 03/26/09 06:52 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Nah, you don't need a degree for data entry... apparently with my resume` I was "over qualified."

Gee wiz, if I'm over fucking qualified for something like data entry, what're these assholes at the fast food places gonna think about me?

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10044188 - 03/26/09 06:52 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

What is your major?

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Offlinemozartvicious
Perma Trails
Male

#10044190 - 03/26/09 06:56 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Poid said:

I'd say much more on this, but I am much too tired to be debating right now...

yeah, there really isn't any real point in debating something like that.  I see what you're saying and I actually agree with you, but I'm more of the go with the flow type.

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

#10044201 - 03/26/09 07:01 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

You have to make yourself relevant to the position.  Its fucking stupid thats the way it works.  I have had tho over qualified shit before too.  Nowadays I twist and lie.  Its easy to get a job as long as you make yopurself sound exactly what they want.

Poid, I don't know if we will ever live with the ideals of the venus project.  I think eventually we will have too or die though.  How long will Earth let us rape her before some major disaster wipes us out?

The established system seeks to maintain itself though.  The owners of the big companies seek to keep the ball rolling the same way.  Change would mean a power/wealth shift that anyone established would not want.

Offlinejvm
I knew the pieces fit!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio Flag
    #10044208 - 03/26/09 07:04 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

If you're going to apply to jobs you're overqualified in, don't submit a resume along with the job.

Yes i am also going through the same thing. I have to suck it up at the moment though. I'd look into laborer jobs in canada. I know some friends who were up there working with oil rigs making $25 an hour without anymore than a ged/high school diploma.

Offlinemozartvicious
Perma Trails
Male

#10044210 - 03/26/09 07:04 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
What is your major?

Me, I never had a need for formal education...I was "too smart for college"  But I kinda wish I had a degree or some kind of formal education now...

before the shit splattered off of the fan I was a self-evolved LTL router/supervisor... (worked up in the company)  I also bought real estate, invested over 20grand spread around in stocks and funds and a secu credit union.
I had an actual business layout/business plan written and notarized and was approved for a $50,000 bank loan...
two weeks later I'm laid off with dwindling assets, "disinvested" gains, and diminishing monetary.

So no business, no job, no more stocks, I only have about 5grand left in savings that I moved from plummeting stocks, no money in credit union and all funds hiatus and eventually closed.

Edit:  Oh, and if things don't pick up, I'll be losing my house too... which I bought at 206k, built equity, appraised 2 years ago at 280-300k  and now the value has gone under 219k with the upgrades I did... so I'm losing fuck loads of money.

--------------------

Edited by mozartvicious (03/26/09 07:09 AM)

InvisibleJufin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia
    #10044218 - 03/26/09 07:08 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

There's an easy way out: start d3a11ng.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order