Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBlowMiNose
Some rise, Somefall, Some climb

Loc: The Dirty South...
Tripping alone is dangerous!
    #969273 - 10/17/02 01:32 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Ok i know a lot of you guys enjoy tripping alone, but i do not recommend it to anyone new to hallucinogens. I suggest being very experienced before doing it alone. It takes lower does to trip alone since there are no distractions. I was not aware of this when i did it alone. I got into shrooms and tripped about 8 times in one month. I decided one morning when i woke up to eat about 5-6 grams of shrooms. I love the come-up...and felt fine until i peaked. I dont remember what it was, but ONE paranoid thought entered my mind, and after that...i was in hell. If anyone knows what im talking about, it sucks when paranoia starts building and building. I was lost in my own world with no one to talk to..and one hour seemed like 10. I fantrically went from room to room..trying to find peace. I tryed calming myself down and eventually found a way to do so. But for the first couple hours of my peak, i was going insane. I still have yet to trip again, and this was 2 months ago. I cant even entirely remember that day, because i did so many drugs that night to try and forget, but plz...if your not experienced, do not trip alone. It can be a horrifying experience!  :crazy: 

--------------------
***--- Have You Opened Your Third eye?! ---***
      :::disclaimer:::this stuff was done in my dreams

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: BlowMiNose]
    #969875 - 10/17/02 04:25 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineADRADMIN
Stranger
Loc: Connecticut
Re: Tripping alone is dangerous! [Re: ]
    #970317 - 10/17/02 06:38 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

if im alone in pitch black dark i find that this has happened to me. i tripped on acid a lot and same with mushrooms as long as im occupied im fine. i like to play rpg games or watch a movie etc its a lot of fun. i try and trip during the day bc i get a more positive vibe from the sun and energy i have.

OfflineBlowMiNose

Re: Tripping alone is dangerous! [Re: ADRADMIN]
    #970462 - 10/17/02 08:03 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Ya im hoping to go back soon. No acid around here, but if i can actually find some good shrooms, i would love to try again! For a while, i said i would never do it again and stuff...but i was just being stupid :P. I gotta learn to take the bad trips with the good ones. I just wanted to warn unexperienced people not to trip alone on heavy doses, because a bad trip is much worse when alone.  :grin:

--------------------

Offlineliquidity
experienced
Loc: USA
Re: Tripping alone is dangerous! [Re: BlowMiNose]
    #970762 - 10/17/02 09:31 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Although I wouldn't recommend tripping alone to newbies, I  would recommend it to anyone that could handle it. Of course don't take an extreme dose. I find it harder to get into deep thoughts and philisofical (?) issues around friends and other people. Sometimes it does get lonely though. If you get lonely, turn on the tv. That will help. While tripping can be a great social experience, the solo trip can be a fantastic mystical journey  :shocked: that can amaze you. I am talking about mushies and acid in particular. Pot too, but its more of a social thing.

Invisiblethepodman
Pod King

Loc: Pod Nightmare
Re: Tripping alone is dangerous! [Re: liquidity]
    #970934 - 10/17/02 10:38 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Just think of it this way; Tripping alone is better than tripping in a room full of cops. :wink:

--------------------
www.drugpolicyalliance.org
"Hey daddy, president Bush tried marijuana, I think I will."

Offlinemaxdman1178
wide-eyedwanderer
Re: Tripping alone is dangerous! [Re: thepodman]
    #971032 - 10/17/02 11:21 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I know what you mean. Once upon a time, me and my friends got some acid, and we were all gonna trip. but to make a long story short...i was the only one who ate the acid. They all passed out, and it was ME MYSELF and I.... on 4 hits.....for 8 hrs...alone in a dorm room, w/ nothing but a damned RADIO!!! Talk about hell...whew..it was almost 7 yrs ago, and I still shudder when I think about that night. It wasn't enough acid to get real strong visuals....but it was plenty to keep yer brain churning full steam ahead....feeding on itself...inventing every paraniod "thought loop" imaginable. I will say this though...tripping alone can be an unforgettable, rewarding, and fulfilling experience if you have planned to do shrooms/acid for a ritual of self exploratation, and have done the necessery mental preperations. But if you planned to "party" and find yourself alone.....BAD NEWS!!

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #971310 - 10/18/02 01:32 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

That's true - newbies should try to avoid tripping alone. It can be quite intense, but once you're ready, it's amazing and worth trying. I don't tend to get bored on solo trips because I always have shitloads of music lined up for the journey. Even if I just lay in a field for 6 hours on shrooms with some music, I'd still have a great time just being under the stars!

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #971321 - 10/18/02 01:35 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

i trip alone all the time....even when im tripping with people i need a little "alone" time...usually around peak i go for a walk, or go hang out in a quiet dark room, just me and my thoughts.....personally, i NEED this......no trip feels complete with out it....but ya, i can see how i tcan mess you up too.....one bad thought is usually all it takes to get the ball rolling.....especially having no one there to say its all ok.....have fun, but be carefull.... :grin: 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

OfflineBullfrog1
Discovery BeyondImagination

#973513 - 10/18/02 10:36 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I fantrically went from room to room..trying to find peace. I tryed calming myself down and eventually found a way to do so. But for the first couple hours of my peak, i was going insane. 

Exactly. My problem the time it happened to me was that I still had product growing, not to mention all the supplies around. The lawn maintenance people were coming thru also. It felt as if they would never go away  :mad:
The room to room loop was driving me crazy. I even went as far as graping a blanket and laying in my backyard alone in the 90 degree sun. It would have been worse with the old lady home. She would have freaked both of us out. I made it though with the help of a shower. Thank god I had my dog with me. He saved me big time. He knew I was buggin out.

--------------------

OfflineBlowMiNose

Re: Tripping alone is dangerous! [Re: Bullfrog1]
    #974482 - 10/19/02 09:46 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Im glad to hear your dog has helped you :grin:

--------------------

Anonymous

Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: BlowMiNose]
    #975135 - 10/19/02 04:53 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: Tripping alone is dangerous! [Re: ]
    #975151 - 10/19/02 05:06 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

i kept using different tricks to boost psilo production, so thats an extra boom

Please explain.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Offlinejoe666
The ReverendToke DBK
 User Gallery

Loc: Southern by grace of God
    #975615 - 10/19/02 09:22 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I like to trip alone.
I just let go, I gone deeper by myself on a low dose than the times on high doses with friends.

--------------------
"A politician is like a baby's diaper, it should be changed often and for the same reason"-Coy Turner Sr.

"what is a weed, a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered"--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'm sippin Hennessy, riding on my muthafucking enemies" -Meek Mill.

Offlinecelestialtripper
Test Pilot
Male User Gallery

#977248 - 10/20/02 02:22 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

ya i agree with ADRADMIN...if im alone, im my room with nothing going on i start getting paranoid, and i always think im not breathing and im going to die but for my very first trip i did it solo and ive found that if i have something to do i can get rid of a bad trip fairly easily...tv or the computer usually will calm me down if i start freaking out...but ya i do agree that tripping alone for one of your first trips isnt good...i figure i got lucky with my first trip that i didnt have a bad trip.

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #980385 - 10/21/02 04:57 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

My first trip was alone.

--------------------

OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
Re: Tripping alone is dangerous! [Re: ArmFromTheAbyss]
    #987327 - 10/23/02 05:26 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

lol. that is exactly the experience ive had (twice ) from tripping alone.. it all started out amazingly, then went downhill. like you say, i was sitting on my bed loving the trip, and instantly it changed.. i got nervous, then i was like 'dont get nervous , youll have a bad trip' then i was like 'oh my god im going to have another bad trip' and the spiral continued. i ran from room to room frantically doing mundane things to try and calm me down.. lol, i thought heat would help for some reason and ended up curled in a ball with the ermostat on like a 100 degrees watching tv and computer at the same toime.. then a preview for a horror movie came on and i flipped out, called a friend thinking that would help, and told him to come over but to 'just come in' because i was too scared to answer the door ( know that makes no sense:) anyways, i forgot all about my friend, went upstairs and lied in bed listening to mellow music, trying to calm down.. but my door was locked and my friend was trying to get in.. all i heard was aa guy screaming my name (my friend outside) but i didnt register who it was and freaked out again.. after a while he went in the back door.. so basically i heard someone enter my house and thought it was my parents/the cops/a monster all at the same time.. freaked out.. hiding under the bed.. anyways you get the idea.. but then we smoked some grass (when i finally found my buddy) and i tripped so hard.. we put on fear and loathing in las vegas.. and the trip got amazingly great i went into the movie, mad visuals.. anyways in this case i managed to save the trip, but the time before i wasnt so lucky, anyways, yeah id advise always have a good pal with you, cuz when i do i have a great time, when im alone i tend to flip out. peace :grin: 

OfflineLlamanose
The llama knows

Re: Tripping alone is dangerous! [Re: PHARMAKOS]
    #987519 - 10/23/02 07:04 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

"i got nervous, then i was like 'dont get nervous , youll have a bad trip' then i was like 'oh my god im going to have another bad trip' and the spiral continued"

Yup!  I've had great times tripping alone before, but this same thing happened to me last time I did it.  I went outside and looked at the moon, clouds, and mountains for a bit, then came back in and started watching the Daily Show with Jon Stewart.  The most important television program, ever.  :grin:  That gave me the giggles and I felt better.  It seemed like the only show on tv at 2 am that wasn't some fake ass infomercial or religious thing.

I flipped past the Food Network and doorknock dinners was on.  If you havn't seen it, they just go to someone's house and have professional chefs cook them dinner.  Anywho, they were at some white trash trailer place trying to make a tv show, i thought it was "Cops" only they were making food or something, lol. 

--------------------
Alice came to a fork in the road.  "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
~Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

OfflineTempanensis
journeyman
Male
Loc: Canada
Re: Tripping alone is dangerous! [Re: Llamanose]
    #989143 - 10/24/02 09:12 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

The paranoia spiral is easy to fall into, and has little to do with tripping alone.

Tripping alone can add the fear of not having someone watching over you -- which can be quite terrifying... but tripping with someone else can add worse fears -- like how do you know that they aren't doing something stupid?

Even tripping with a sitter can cause paranoia -- they could trigger a fear response, and then get upset that you are panicing, and get frustrated that they can't reach you during your peak. You will pick up on their fear and frustration, and it will escalate your fear and paranoia.

Unless you trip with an experienced sitter... someone who has tripped themself, and know how to handle panic situations, you had best start yourself out with dosages you can handle, and work your way up to higher levels.

Once you can master your own mind, you can help others master theirs.

I had my worse "bad trip" experience with an ex-girlfriend who was also tripping.

She said something to trigger the fear in me, "Hey... the grass looks like fireworks!" ... and I got a fear going that she had started a fire... and for the first time I started worrying that she may do something really crazy while tripping, and I wouldn't notice until it was too late.

I tried to calm myself down, but her concern for my panic made her start to panic. I don't know what went on in her head, because she never ended up telling me, and didn't want to talk about it afterwards, but she started doing things that made me panic more.

My panicing made her panic, and her panicing made me panic.

Our fears fed off of each other, and things got worse and worse.

Eventually she called 9-1-1 out of fear that I was going to do something really crazy (I was running around, smashing into doors and walls).

I've never gone as crazy tripping by myself.

The distraction aspect is also dangerous... because distractions can make you believe that you're not tripping hard enough, and you may end up taking more to make the trip a little stronger -- this is what happened in the above situation before I started panicing.

She was distracting me with her hallucinations, "Hey... look at this! Hey... look at that!" ... so I ended up taking another hit, not realizing that it was just her distractions that were making my trip seem to be mild... I had forgotten that the peak had not yet arrived.

OfflineLoverofEarth
spirit on ajourney

Loc: the in-between
Re: Tripping alone is dangerous! [Re: Llamanose]
    #1004333 - 10/29/02 08:16 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Bah, i plan on tripping alone for my first time.. gonna fast and take a medium dose. i get nervous in crowds.. peace and quiet is my home.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck