Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Heres a government proposal - suck my dick
    #10036984 - 03/25/09 02:34 AM (15 years, 8 days ago)

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090325/twl-facebook-and-co-face-big-brother-mon-3fd0ae9.html

Quote:

Millions of Britons who use social networking sites like Facebook could have details of everyone they correspond with monitored by the Government. Skip related content
Related photos / videos Facebook And Co 'Face Big Brother Monitoring' Under the proposals, the Home Office is considering making the sites keep data about users' contacts.

These details may then be saved on a "Big Brother" database, according to reports.

The Home Office said the idea was to tackle criminals and terrorists who might use the websites to communicate.

But it stressed the Government was not seeking the power to examine the content of messages sent via the sites.

However, civil liberties campaigners have called the proposals a "snooper's charter".

Many people in Britain use social networking sites, like Facebook, MySpace and Bebo to keep in touch with their friends.

The Government move follows plans to store information about every telephone call, email, and internet visit made by anyone in the UK on a central database.

Details were disclosed by Home Office Minister Vernon Coaker earlier this month at a Commons committee to examine draft EU directives.

He said the Government was considering acting on social networking sites because they were not covered by the latest proposals from Brussels.

"Social networking sites, such as MySpace or Bebo, are not covered by the directive," he said.

"That is one reason why the Government are looking at what we should do about the intercept modernisation programme because there are certain aspects of communications which are not covered by the directive."

He added the Government's intercept modernisation programme proposals may be extended to include "the retention of data on Facebook, Bebo, MySpace and all other similar sites".

Mr Coaker acknowledged the plan would raise fresh concerns about the right to privacy.

"I accept that this is an extremely difficult area. The interface between retaining data, private security and all such issues of privacy is extremely important," he said.

A Home Office spokesman stressed the Government was not seeking the power to examine the content of messages sent via the sites.

He said: "We have been clear that communications revolution has been rapid in this country and the way in which we collect communications data needs to change so that law enforcement agencies can maintain their ability to tackle terrorism and gather evidence."

Yes because bin laden masterminded his 9/11 attacks via facebook now they will monitor every communication made.    :thumbdown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Heres a government proposal - suck my dick [Re: Ego Death]
    #10037011 - 03/25/09 02:53 AM (15 years, 8 days ago)

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Invisibleshymanta
Mad Scientist
 User Gallery

#10037032 - 03/25/09 03:15 AM (15 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Ego Death said:
Yes because bin laden masterminded his 9/11 attacks via facebook now they will monitor every communication made.    :thumbdown:

Yeah, have you seen his MySpace page?  It clearly lays out his plans to destroy us all by with paranoia.  The government will watch us so closely that they will never notice Bin Laden fucking them in the ass.  When they do figure it out, he'll have already shot his load all over our liberties.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

#10037985 - 03/25/09 10:42 AM (15 years, 7 days ago)

Man the UK is fucked up. I keep seeing more and more shit in the news that makes me think the dystopian society found in V For Vendetta and 1984 may come true one day.

Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Heres a government proposal - suck my dick [Re: Gumby]
    #10038009 - 03/25/09 10:47 AM (15 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

Gumby said:
Man the UK is fucked up. I keep seeing more and more shit in the news that makes me think the dystopian society found in V For Vendetta and 1984 may come true one day.

My thoughts exactly man.

I love the British Isles, and lived there for several years.  I love the people, the attitude, and the culture, but man if things aren't getting bad there for civil liberties.  I wouldn't mind living in the UK again sometime, but not if things like this keep happening...

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#10038216 - 03/25/09 11:22 AM (15 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

The Government move follows plans to store information about every telephone call, email, and internet visit made by anyone in the UK on a central database.

that's kinda terrifying :crankey:

Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Heres a government proposal - suck my dick [Re: Hendostan]
    #10038279 - 03/25/09 11:31 AM (15 years, 7 days ago)

I'm surprised that people aren't out in the streets protesting this kinda shit!  Brits!  Start flipping cop cars over!  Your civil liberties are quickly falling out from under you!

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: Heres a government proposal - suck my dick [Re: Hendostan]
    #10038298 - 03/25/09 11:33 AM (15 years, 7 days ago)

What bothers me is how it was justified with this...

Quote:

law enforcement agencies can maintain their ability to tackle terrorism

They will already tap communication of suspected terrorists so why would they need to log all people?  Its so fucking pathetic; getting public support just by shouting the word terrorist.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates