Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedarknessandwater
abominationhumanifixion
Male

Loc: n'awlins
light penetrate black tupperware?
    #10037312 - 03/25/09 07:15 AM (15 years, 25 days ago)

using a lamp to hold proper incubation temp in my closet....my question is(and i have not been able to find it on here):can light penetrate a black tupperware container?im going for complete darkness incubation, as the majority of experienced gourmet mushroom growers recommend here.

--------------------
Stranger: I'm 13
You: im telling you...we can paste a picturre of some hot girls face to the back of your head and ill fuck yer ass
Stranger: The Federal Bureau of Investigation has logged a record of this chat along with the IP addresses of the participants due to potential violations of U.S. law. Reference no. 2334453436. Your IP address has been entered into our suspect database and may be sent to Child Protective Services. Please wait while memory ref. code 90637895 is entered into the database.
Stranger: Thank you for cooperating.
You: lol
You: i killed kennedy
You: and also am going to assasinate george bush
You: with a dead child i raped flung via catapult

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineiskinbash
Male

Re: light penetrate black tupperware? [Re: darknessandwater]
    #10037315 - 03/25/09 07:17 AM (15 years, 25 days ago)

cubes dont need to be in darkness during colonization. and yes, a black tub should block out enough light if thats what youre going for.

--------------------
*iskinbash is merely a fictional character placed in a real life environment.

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: light penetrate black tupperware? [Re: iskinbash]
    #10037336 - 03/25/09 07:32 AM (15 years, 25 days ago)

A black tub will keep the light out.

Since you mentioned gourmet cultivators, im assuming your not growing cubensis??

And instead an edible mushroom

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: light penetrate black tupperware? [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10037670 - 03/25/09 09:19 AM (15 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

im going for complete darkness incubation, as the majority of experienced gourmet mushroom growers recommend here.

That's news to me. 

Gourmet mushrooms such as shiitake actually benefit from light during colonization, it doesn't hurt oysters, lion's mane, etc., and it has no effect on cubes.  The old 'darkness' thing was from thirty years ago, when a few growers tried it and it worked, thus they said you must use darkness during colonization.  We've known for at least a decade that was false information.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineKendo
Strangler
 User Gallery

Re: light penetrate black tupperware? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #10037787 - 03/25/09 09:54 AM (15 years, 25 days ago)

light shouldnt come thru, never done edibles only cubes, i like using clear tubs lined with a black trash bag, ive got some monsters under bags, ive went with just clear and no bag, and didnt get as many on side or bottom

--------------------
yes you do, you know me, youve seen my downstairs mixup.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies