Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJfiligree
Stranger Than The Average
Male

Loc: Australia
See Any Reocurring Patterns?
    #10031678 - 03/24/09 09:28 AM (15 years, 8 days ago)

Hi, Iv noticed while tripping, mostly on acid or DMT, there is some patterns that continue to appear quiet regularly. Mandelbrot Set Fractals, Pyramids , are just some that i experience most often, does anyone els get a visual often when tripping such as geometric patterns, or anything that happens regularly.

--------------------
there you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles
And piles
Of trials
With smiles.
It riles them to believe
That you perceive
The web they weave
And keep on thinking free

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ∞
Re: See Any Reocurring Patterns? [Re: Jfiligree]
    #10031793 - 03/24/09 10:03 AM (15 years, 8 days ago)

all the time...

--------------------

♫ ♪ In the garden of many fields, there is no me or you. There is no right or wrong. There is no up or down. There is no black or white. Everyone is the plow man. Everyone is the seed. Everyone harvests and everyone yields. In the garden of many fields, everyone is one with one love and one love is one with everyone. ♪ ♫
lyrics from: Transglobal Underground - Eyeway Souljah (from Psychic Karaoke)

OfflineJustice_Fish
Fustice_Jish
Male

Loc: CebèuQ
Re: See Any Reocurring Patterns? [Re: CosmicFunGuy]
    #10032108 - 03/24/09 11:05 AM (15 years, 8 days ago)

the one i see the most

OfflineMrBuddy
Lifted

Re: See Any Reocurring Patterns? [Re: Justice_Fish]
    #10032339 - 03/24/09 11:44 AM (15 years, 8 days ago)

I have seen mushrooms. eyes, and aztec type designs quite often

--------------------
And when you loose control, youll reap the harvest that youve sown
And as the fear grows, the bad blood slows and turns to stone
And its too late to loose the weight you used to need to throw around
So have a good drown, as you go down alone
Dragged down by the stone.

OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ∞
Re: See Any Reocurring Patterns? [Re: MrBuddy]
    #10032451 - 03/24/09 12:01 PM (15 years, 8 days ago)

double helixes :dna:

--------------------

♫ ♪ In the garden of many fields, there is no me or you. There is no right or wrong. There is no up or down. There is no black or white. Everyone is the plow man. Everyone is the seed. Everyone harvests and everyone yields. In the garden of many fields, everyone is one with one love and one love is one with everyone. ♪ ♫
lyrics from: Transglobal Underground - Eyeway Souljah (from Psychic Karaoke)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: See Any Reocurring Patterns? [Re: CosmicFunGuy]
    #10032502 - 03/24/09 12:11 PM (15 years, 8 days ago)

at beginning, fractals -> garden and plant imagery.
then dimensional transformation,
and marzipan or cookiedough composition for everything living and inanimate (which also seems alive)and a preponderance of smooth fleshy surfaces,
and things looming behind every corner.
I see plastic or hollow metal toys often stacked trained or like russian dolls...
maybe smooth poker chips or puzzle piece motifs and
maybe imaginary beings that are more real than anything.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineRedrawing
Psychonaut

#10033194 - 03/24/09 02:46 PM (15 years, 8 days ago)

Any time I take a tryptamine a certain, specific fractal pattern overlays my vision.

--------------------

I'm an insect who dreamt he was a man and loved it, but now that dream is over and the insect is awake

Invisiblelittlebirdie
Stranger
Female User Gallery

#10033325 - 03/24/09 03:08 PM (15 years, 8 days ago)

Patterns the color of water that overlay my walls, my bed, my body.

Colors that echo the stars scattered across the frame of the window.

Grids and links that splay across the floor.

Vines, tree branches that burst into split-limbed wonder.

OfflineJfiligree
Stranger Than The Average
Male

Loc: Australia
Re: See Any Reocurring Patterns? [Re: littlebirdie]
    #10034553 - 03/24/09 06:26 PM (15 years, 7 days ago)

I See, I can say i have also seen similar if not the same things, im helping my girlfriend do her philosophy class assignment about the difference between the brain and the mind, is what we see on psychedelic's purely the product of chemical reactions, our consciousness included. i think not. but then this raises the question why do we sometimes see similar things, especially true with DMT. Thank you all for you answers.

--------------------
there you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles
And piles
Of trials
With smiles.
It riles them to believe
That you perceive
The web they weave
And keep on thinking free

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#10035182 - 03/24/09 08:02 PM (15 years, 7 days ago)

the simmilarity is not content but style or stylistic.
the effect of psychedelic (which is largely to delay the fading of signals) permits layers to build up:
unfaded sensory gestalts overlay previous ones which would normally have faded but which psychedelically are persisting.

initially this generates partials that resemble fractals.
as more layers accrue, the outlines of shapes become enhanced (this is also what happens in computer 2-d image overlays when part of the image shifts a bit relative to other parts)
body sense is intensified as well when what was continues longer.
the nature of materials changes.
it is strangely familiar (a known effect from dreams)
the sense of space is expanded as each direction continues and is compounded upon as each new direction is noticed and that continues continuing too.

so the chemical effect is just to extend the fading of sensory and memory signals in the brain.

the content is always from set and setting, while the form is what you can expect from layers compounding - mental energy layers - time layers...

time will not seem normal, since what has passed is still happening, and what will be may have already occurred  especialy if you are transfixed with something astonishing that happenned a few seconds ago.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineSirSmokesAlot
Business First
 User Gallery

Loc: Kentucky
Re: See Any Reocurring Patterns? [Re: Redrawing]
    #10035303 - 03/24/09 08:19 PM (15 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

Redrawing said:
Any time I take a tryptamine a certain, specific fractal pattern overlays my vision.

Same here. For me it's a kind of multicolored overlay of diamonds and lines and shapes in a repeating pattern.  Happens when i 'm high too, and i have talked to other people who see it.

And well put redgreenvines. It's always a pleasure to read your posts.

--------------------
Skellyton
The Comprehensive Truth
Ignore all things posted above. Any thing I said, or said that I did is a complete and total lie.

OfflineStoi
BuddingTripper
Male

Loc: NZAucklandiiVille
Re: See Any Reocurring Patterns? [Re: SirSmokesAlot]
    #10035355 - 03/24/09 08:26 PM (15 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

SirSmokesAlot said:
Quote:

Redrawing said:

Same here. For me it's a kind of multicolored overlay of diamonds and lines and shapes in a repeating pattern.  Happens when i 'm high too, and i have talked to other people who see it.

And well put redgreenvines. It's always a pleasure to read your posts.

Agreed, a great explanation.

Depending the what dank I get, I can usually manage unfocused and vague fractals, but they are usually circular and weird.

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2: BREAK FREE :mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

"Someone described insanity as doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result each time. That's a perfect description of the war on drugs."

OfflineSirSmokesAlot
Business First
 User Gallery

Loc: Kentucky
Re: See Any Reocurring Patterns? [Re: Stoi]
    #10035398 - 03/24/09 08:33 PM (15 years, 7 days ago)

Yeah when i smoke a heady sativa (Like this here jack), i get a series of fractals spiraling out from a central location. And it's especially easy to see when my eyes are unfocused, or if i look at a light.

--------------------
Skellyton
The Comprehensive Truth
Ignore all things posted above. Any thing I said, or said that I did is a complete and total lie.

OfflineCDClock
Stranger

Re: See Any Reocurring Patterns? [Re: SirSmokesAlot]
    #10035448 - 03/24/09 08:39 PM (15 years, 7 days ago)

Diamond/Triangular/Snowflake shaped fractals made up of patterns in the environment.

Aztec/Egyptian carvings made out of stuff like gravel on the road.

Holographic moving frame by frame overlays (usually on posters/pictures/things)

FACES EVERYWHERE.

All of these things, of course, grow, shrink, pulsate, morph into each other and evolve.

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

Re: See Any Reocurring Patterns? [Re: CDClock]
    #10036948 - 03/25/09 02:16 AM (15 years, 7 days ago)

Yer I dont think there would be much point to describing the content of fractals... ive never seen.. like.. a square.. or a symbol.. or something.

but intermeshed qualities, be they brightly coloured infinitely detailed patterns, or shifting organic textures, or transference of qualities from one part of my visual field to another, are rife in my experience. I just feel that whenever I go to describe it, my description can never seem anything like what i actually see. I understand what some people mean when they describe their trips... but from what it sounds, the drug 'shows you' discrete thigns in the world. the 'pink elephant' misnomer. I know you probably dont mean it, but saying stuff like 'seeing pyramids' or 'mandelbrot fractal'... doesnt make much sense to me. what are they, spinning pyramids hanging in your inner space? Do you see the mandelbrot image or do you see something that reminds you of it?

--------------------

Invisiblepolantis
Prototype v7.3 Alpha
Male User Gallery

Loc: Austraalis Flag
Re: See Any Reocurring Patterns? [Re: Noteworthy]
    #10036973 - 03/25/09 02:26 AM (15 years, 7 days ago)

Rainbows in the tree's.

--------------------
We do not know what we want and yet we are responsible for what we are - that is the fact.
Jean-Paul Sartre

OfflineAdrianPsy
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Re: See Any Reocurring Patterns? [Re: polantis]
    #10036991 - 03/25/09 02:37 AM (15 years, 7 days ago)

Golden coloured stars with an empty inside and thick coloured outline.

--------------------

:mushroom2:    That's why I always recommend a psychedelic experience because it makes you realize that all you've learned is in fact just learned and not necessarily the truth. - Bill Hicks    :mushroom2:

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

Re: See Any Reocurring Patterns? [Re: AdrianPsy]
    #10037122 - 03/25/09 04:49 AM (15 years, 7 days ago)

I like it when ive stayed up till morning tripping all night... what happens is the branches of trees all form together to make a sort of fractal matrix. But you see.. i swear.. the branches are aligned perfectly (often) according to an orderly pattern... and as i look from side to side, the matrix sort of repeats itself toward me.. i cant tell really but that is how it seems. by afternoon.. they are back to the more 'organic' (semi ordered) chaos that I am familiar to.

As if the brain was modelling my reality according to the order it sees.. and ignoring the chaos.. and then -filling in- the ignorance with extension of the order that I percieved.

wow i never really thought of it that way before.

Sort of like a blind spot, which is filled in with whatever is around it

When tripping it is like the brain starts being immersed in the meaning or order that we percieve, rather than the discrete, measurable, chaotic but consistent universe.

The brain flourishes the meaning, however, so sometimes we hallucinate because the brain fills in its construction of reality with deeply meaningful, thematic, symbolic, metaphoric, characterisations and extensions of the meaning that is being generated at the subconscious level.

Other times, the world is actually so rich in meaning and order that there is no room that needs to be 'filled' (because consciousness seems to have an impetus to resolve and settle in order)

So when we see order in teh world, if it is strong enough, our brain interprets it with a certain serotonin receptor systems and focuses our conscious reality on them. Our mind flows smoothly within the buffered order, which enables us to synchronise with reality in such a way as to interact with it.

Depression is related to low serotonin levels thus because the mind is focussing on problems and seems surrounded by unforgiving hopeless chaos. This is our brain's reaction to chaos.. we search through it.. our brain strains... we do not feel included.. thus when the depressed mind eventually does put together enough details that manifest order, it is apprehensive and overly judgemental, critical, either unable to attach to order (due to loss of serotonin) or simply not attaching to order (which itself would result in a low serotonin level) due to actual chaos, or lack of appropriate perceptual tools to deal with a situation, which could be due to a failure to learn, or a failure to see.

But when we put psychedelics in our brain.. it affects certain serotonin receptors in such a way that consciousness is drawn into meaning, due to the forced activation of the process which draws consciousness into order-fields. IT switches off the process that draws consciousness around the discrete universe.

When we take ecstacy.. IT affects other serotonin receptors which are more to do with the order that exists discretely between eachother in society. Trust, specifically. Whenever signs of trust appear whilst on ecstacy, our brain overflows (serotonin reuptake inhibition) the dimensions of trust (serotonin receptors that are releasing enough serotonin for the re-uptake inhibition to actually result in higher synaptic serotonin levels) and we approach things openly. There seems to be a run-off effect - when this social trust is established, we naturally follow through with an openness to exploring or accepting the meaning that is around is and letting it entrance us rather than urge us to understand and comprehend it in a discrete way. So when we are real high on ecstacy we sometimes get various visual effects.. it can be really weird.. but not the same as psychedelics..

which throw us around all spectrums of perception

that directly draw us into our construction of reality, and it is the effect of this which feeds back into the trust mechanism, and can leave us feeling totally alone.. paranoid.. dead even.. or doomed..

Which is why set and setting are important - when you have a good set and setting, it means that you trust the environment that you are in and you do not have unresolved issues or social obligations which you must discretely take into account.

Human society is often structured in such a way that it assumes that you are aware of whats going on and will leave all of its comforting or informative functions out in order for simplicity. ie, the universe doesnt talk us through everything all the time.. we learn across our life from society what we are meant to expect from the world so that we focus our attention on relevant information that they want you to know. But on psychedelics, without all of your assumptions in place, the lack of comfort and the amount of interactions that you have around the place with people or vague spaces... having to think 'whos land is this? what is this structure intended for and how should I navigate it?' 'what role do I play with respect to this?' 'what do these people want? what are they thinking about? what is their purpose? what are their motives?' can lead your subconscious to flourishing with possibilities. on psychedelics, if we are not in a trusting environment, our brain does not naturally seek order and thus the order that we are drawn into by forced flourishing of subconscious manifestations (caused by psychedelic) is often also order that we cannot trust, although due to the psychedelic it gains extra life of overlayed meaning and perception as our mind is turned away from the sober reality (which can be safe when we are needlessly afraid) and into the overcharged construction of semi-reality.

AS the trip gets stronger, the arbitrary activation of serotonin receptors means that many of the more specific perceptions cannot manifest (because they require both order on a field of chaos... which cannot happen while the chaos is being construed through order). So it becomes hard to see certain exact things.. or read.. Or see the borders of things..

you see border occur because the order in one part of sensed reality is unsynchronised by order in the rest .. and the top down processes make a distinction, a decision, which severs the perception of order that crosses over the border, and thus consciousness is left with a clear border of interaction of an object and the world, because everything outside that border has been subdued.

but with psychedelics, the order that forms between objects, outside of their accepted borders, can manifest, sometimes in a forced manner, preventing the clear distinction between objects or functions of the universe

i need to stop, i need to see a specialist

a marijuana specialist

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract