Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineStoi
BuddingTripper
Male

Loc: NZAucklandiiVille
Emptying and Re-mixing PF Jars
    #10031010 - 03/24/09 03:06 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

So, the other day I make up 7 1pt jars with BRF/VERM and steralised for an hour at 11psi in my PC. I waited till cool and then innco'd. Its been a couple of days and now that the condensation in the jars has reduced I can see that due to a pressure differential my plastic jars compressed in and squashed a lot of my mix and it doesnt look like it should. I also forgot to add gypsum which i normally put in my PF jars (it seems to help).

I was thinking about emptying the jars into a mixing bowl, sterilising a cup of gypsum in the microwave, re-mixing it all up, and then spooning it back into the jars again. I know that its going to make me more susceptable to contams, but I have a glove box I can use. The other issue is that im worried that it will lose some spore content, and that by mixing it up, the spores that remain will be right throughout the mix, not just at the 4 points on the inside edge of the jars.

Has anyone ever attempted this? Any advice?

Cheers :grin:

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2: BREAK FREE :mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

"Someone described insanity as doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result each time. That's a perfect description of the war on drugs."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRedDevil420
Antichrist

Re: Emptying and Re-mixing PF Jars [Re: Stoi]
    #10031036 - 03/24/09 03:21 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Were you planning on opening the jars before full colonization?  BAD IDEA!  It will fail badly if you do.

I would let them finish. If you still want to add gypsum, crumble and case and put the gypsum in the casing.

--------------------
I'm Just Making This All Up.
Grains In Glass Jars With Professional Filters FTW.
Coir Monotubs FTW.
Sterile Technique FTW.
Fan dry, Desiccant storage FTW.
Ralphster's Spores FTW.

Mushroom Cloud - Dirtball

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Emptying and Re-mixing PF Jars [Re: RedDevil420]
    #10031103 - 03/24/09 04:31 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Its a bad idea. Even if done in a glovebox, your mixing bowl cant be guarenteed to be sterile, or your hands for that matter, even when sanitised with alcohol.

Missing out the gypsum isnt much of a biggy, but having your substrated compressed is. All you can do is leave them be.

What kind of plastic jars did you use??

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineStoi
BuddingTripper
Male

Loc: NZAucklandiiVille
Re: Emptying and Re-mixing PF Jars [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10033270 - 03/24/09 02:59 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Sorry, I should have been more clear. The jars have not started to colonize yet, usually takes about 2 or 3 days. Should I still leave them? The compression is pretty nasty...

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2: BREAK FREE :mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

"Someone described insanity as doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result each time. That's a perfect description of the war on drugs."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix