Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]
InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: little sister has kidney infection [Re: zannennagara]
    #10035181 - 03/24/09 08:01 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Wow! 8 pages of blather and the first real post. :thumbup:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineteeter
Mindfucked
Male User Gallery

Loc: Philadelphia PA
Re: little sister has kidney infection [Re: lukey2411]
    #10035192 - 03/24/09 08:02 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

wow...someone actually reported me to a mod on this thread (im assumin icelander)....real class move, why dont u move to china, they love hitting the delete button on people's opinions too.....the fact that a mod actually deleted what i said is even worse...wtf

Quote:

lukey2411 said:
I'm making a broad reply here, as I've been inactive in this thread for far too long for a more specific one.

I don't think there would be many people here that actually believe that their 'prayers' could cure a terminally ill girl.
I never expected people to believe or to attempt to do so. I just feel that people could have offered support and left their personal views on it behind.

I'm a fairly rational and logical person, but I can see when it's time to be a bit more emotionally-based and just shut my mouth and be nice. I really don't see how this derails my own idea that emotion - without logic - often blinds judgement. Unless you believe that we should only ever view the world with cool logic, then offering some kind words and sympathy shouldn't be such an arduous task.

And just because it's in a forum that you are allowed to debate things, is it a topic that should be debated, here, in this thread, under these circumstances?

I'm trying to see this from the o.p's pov, I feel I'd be pretty dismayed that a seemingly innocuous call for support could be turned into a five page shit-talk about thread etiquette. Even though I do agree rationally with most of you.

And whoever was mentioning that the o.p was religious..."I do not believe in religions but I do believe in a connection to a higher power and that is the being I ask things of" 

I dunno, just my belated, mid-morning thoughts...:shrug:

lukey2411 got it right....the OP was clearly not looking for a debate on prayer, he/she was looking for support....there was no reason to put ur views up and basically hijack the thread....if the ideas about prayer were so terrible that u had to say something, just make a debate oriented post about it and its a win-win....we all get to have a productive debate (instead of a forum etiquette discussion) and the OP's thread is left to supportive comments....im once again done posting here, im not trying to fuel u guys (i felt justified a third post since my first was deleted)

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern." - William Blake

"Psychedelics helped me to escape.. albeit momentarily.. from the prison of my mind. It over-rode the habit patterns of thought and I was able to taste innocence again. Looking at sensations freshly without the conceptual overlay was very profound." - Ram Das

Edited by teeter (03/24/09 08:03 PM)

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: little sister has kidney infection [Re: teeter]
    #10035377 - 03/24/09 08:30 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

the OP was clearly not looking for a debate on prayer, he/she was looking for support

Wrong forum.

Once again, from the rules:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/4526664

If you choose to post in this forum be prepared to have your ideas and opinions challenged, refuted, disputed, rebutted, analyzed, shredded, pooh-poohed, and yes - even supported. If having your beliefs, opinions, and positions scrutinized critically makes you uncomfortable, this is not the forum for you.

Is that written in Chinese or something?

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: little sister has kidney infection [Re: zannennagara]
    #10035435 - 03/24/09 08:37 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I'm sure there's something to be gained here for everyone,

This is how I feel.

This is the kind of P&S I thrive on.  It's not just an intellectual exercise if you get into it. It's life and death and how we feel and why.

Interesting post.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#10035443 - 03/24/09 08:38 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

wow...someone actually reported me to a mod on this thread (im assumin icelander).

You assume wrong. I have no interest in you.

--------------------

Offlineflangenips
Batshitinsanse
 User Gallery

Loc: aotearoa Flag
Re: little sister has kidney infection [Re: Diploid]
    #10035791 - 03/24/09 09:21 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:
the OP was clearly not looking for a debate on prayer, he/she was looking for support

Wrong forum.

Once again, from the rules:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/4526664

If you choose to post in this forum be prepared to have your ideas and opinions challenged, refuted, disputed, rebutted, analyzed, shredded, pooh-poohed, and yes - even supported. If having your beliefs, opinions, and positions scrutinized critically makes you uncomfortable, this is not the forum for you.

Is that written in Chinese or something?

Not sure about the pooh-poohed part, sounds icky.:shocked2:

--------------------
All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher. - Ambrose Bierce

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: little sister has kidney infection [Re: flangenips]
    #10035941 - 03/24/09 09:41 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

That's better than in OTD. There it's poo poo. :poop:

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: little sister has kidney infection [Re: Diploid]
    #10035966 - 03/24/09 09:44 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

This is the most I've seen you post in six months.

Too bad it's all trash talk. You used to be a class act. :satansmoking:

--------------------

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: little sister has kidney infection [Re: jivJaN]
    #10036531 - 03/25/09 12:03 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

jivJaN said:
Quote:

How smug is it to act like you can define what is spirituality and what isnt?

I never did that.

no, you didnt realize that you did that. which is one of the reasons i post like I do. I know how to take a stance that is offensive and at times taboo but at the same time make it very difficult for people to attack my position without becoming hypocrites or showing just how self-righteous/absorbed they are.
let me walk you through it.
1) someone posts a sob story which is designed to make the common/average person become filled with a very fleeting moment of emotion and expects people to respond accordingly.
2) someone does not respong accordingly and in fact goes the other way in such a manner that is seemingly an afront to all things we hold sacred. where a simple and polite decline of default (read: expected) reaction to the situation would have even been a personal slight to humanity, this poster decided to twist the knife and break it off.
3)  you come in to berate hte offensive poster stating that said poster should act and respond in a certain way and that anything less is an affront to compassion, a trait that you would expect from a group of people that you perceive/hope to be "spiritually elevated", or atleast towing what you think is the "party line" of compassion.
4) i try to explain to you in terms that were apparently too advanced due to my assumption that you could grasp the concept of self-righteousness and were able to step outside of yourself and your conditioning...

its very simple. you, and a majority of people on this earth feel very emotional about the sick, the dying, and the dead.... some reverence passed down from cultures of ancestry worship and "woe are the huddled masses" complexes. I make an action/statement that is in direct violation of your preconceived notions/rules of "proper" response and behavior to the aforementioned situation and you cry foul.

get it? 

Quote:

and... cmon.. the post thing ? less than 1k under my belt ? that completely lacks importance and comes off as highly discriminative.

and whats wrong with discrimination? pay your dues. in the world of strangers, nepotism is the only express lane open and sometimes even then you are met with suspicion and dubiousness.

Quote:

Quote:

it is only people like you who think that our rash diatribes are striving for acceptance

errr ! wrong again..
I think you strive for the complete opposite.
Again.. "people like me" .. being very contradictory buddy..

so i strive to be ostracized? and i dont see what is contradictory about saying "you people". you need to cleanse yourself of your knee-jerk reactions to buzz words and phrases. discrimination = bad, "people like me" = bad, communists = bad.

Quote:

Quote:

judgement is bias.

Good.. then you double fucked up.

you make no sense.

Quote:

This is ridiculous..
:yawninganus:

OfflinejivJaN
yes
Male User Gallery

Re: little sister has kidney infection [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #10036854 - 03/25/09 01:29 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

no, you didnt realize that you did that. which is one of the reasons i post like I do. I know how to take a stance that is offensive and at times taboo but at the same time make it very difficult for people to attack my position without becoming hypocrites or showing just how self-righteous/absorbed they are.
let me walk you through it.
1) someone posts a sob story which is designed to make the common/average person become filled with a very fleeting moment of emotion and expects people to respond accordingly.
2) someone does not respong accordingly and in fact goes the other way in such a manner that is seemingly an afront to all things we hold sacred. where a simple and polite decline of default (read: expected) reaction to the situation would have even been a personal slight to humanity, this poster decided to twist the knife and break it off.
3)  you come in to berate hte offensive poster stating that said poster should act and respond in a certain way and that anything less is an affront to compassion, a trait that you would expect from a group of people that you perceive/hope to be "spiritually elevated", or atleast towing what you think is the "party line" of compassion.
4) i try to explain to you in terms that were apparently too advanced due to my assumption that you could grasp the concept of self-righteousness and were able to step outside of yourself and your conditioning...

its very simple. you, and a majority of people on this earth feel very emotional about the sick, the dying, and the dead.... some reverence passed down from cultures of ancestry worship and "woe are the huddled masses" complexes. I make an action/statement that is in direct violation of your preconceived notions/rules of "proper" response and behavior to the aforementioned situation and you cry foul.

get it?

Yes ! :smile: I completely understand !
Thats why i am talking to you.
Do not flatter yourself..
Everytime you think ive misunderstood.. leave open , the option that it might be the other way around.
I do it..
And i have honestly waited , and expected such a thing from yourself when i spotted this big post.
The reason i post here.. believe it or not.. is to be proved wrong.
Thats how i learn.
You know.. you remind of a guy who was having a discussion with me.. and backing up the republicans.. and shitting on the democrats.. with a very fiery attitude towards me , only to figure out that i am neither. I dont care about politics..
I was simply challenging his irrational arguments based on my personal opinion.
You see..
I believe the worst mistake you can make is to shove me in a category..
This is why you are posting , thinking its me that doesnt understand something , and you go off with the illusion of victory.
You take it.. personal..and you assume to much.
You dont respond to my valuable arguments , rather you extract pieces which suit you for countering..
I dont cry foul..
Do what you want.. say what you want.. I obviously wont stop you even if i wanted to.
My observation was that you rushed to this topic to prove your attitude and "non self-righteous/absorbes behavior , when no one really asked you about it..
Its like you got something to prove..
You come off as someone who wants attention.

Quote:

so i strive to be ostracized? and i dont see what is contradictory about saying "you people". you need to cleanse yourself of your knee-jerk reactions to buzz words and phrases. discrimination = bad, "people like me" = bad, communists = bad.

No..
By pointing out the complete opposite of acceptance , you exhibit exactly this same attitude of perceiving notions through the polarity of good and bad.
Also.. by saying "you people" you again , put me in a group of sorts .. after crying how i did the same to you.
That is hypocrisy..

Quote:

nepotism is the only express lane open and sometimes even then you are met with suspicion and dubiousness.

Maybe some incest too ?
Just to be sure ?

Quote:

you make no sense.

Good.

How about .. i try and make some sense.. right now.
Plain .. and out in the open.

Your posts do not strike me on a personal level. I have learned to understand both parts of the illusory equation of morality , or whatever word you wish to use for the obvious polarity present among humans.
I have.. even learned to respect some of you evil critters. And i say "evil" only for conversational purposes.
Like deCypher ( and im sorry for using his name , if it is not appropriate).
I can respect that.
He has tact.. Subtlety..Fines... often leaves me speechless while im starring at the same thing i wished to battle in the first place.
He has the skill.. and goes for the kill... and you might just end up free.

You..
Your just rattling the cages.

If you want my honest opinion..
I dont feel bad when people die.
I .. am utterly convinced it isnt the end..
As for pain and suffering.. i believe that.. to also be a pre-incarnative choice , set up for learning.. Whatever the lesson may be.
That would go for him.. and his little sister.
And.. even if it were in my power to alleviate it.. i would not feel inclined to do so , due to the law of free will i also respect ..for  it would be interfering with the lessons.. and nobody would learn anything

I am saying this now.. Only NOW.. and only to show you something.
I didnt run out to shock everybody with my attitude .. which very similarly to yours would be perceived as  "negative" and controversial due to , (IMO) peoples inability to recognize the same things for which you have cursed them.
I dont have those issues...

Get it ?

--------------------

---------------------

All my posts in this forum are strictly fictional.
They are derived from an acute mental illness , from which i am forced to lie compulsively.
I have never induced any kind of mind altering substance in my life  and i have no intentions whatsoever of doing anything illegal.
If I have ever suggested such a thing it would have most likely been , due to my personality disorder and i probably do not remember it at all..

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #10037067 - 03/25/09 03:45 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

lukey2411 got it right....the OP was clearly not looking for a debate on prayer, he/she was looking for support

Then maybe next time he should look in which forum he's posting before he does! :flowstone:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: little sister has kidney infection [Re: jivJaN]
    #10037267 - 03/25/09 06:48 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

:rofl2: What a load.:thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineCaptainCrunch
Contrary ToPopular Belief

Loc: Somwhere Over the rainbow
Re: little sister has kidney infection [Re: Icelander]
    #10043612 - 03/26/09 03:01 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

this is hardly philosophy. Who then can give me a definition. it's fairly simple, hop on google and type in philosophy definition. here we go..Love and pursuit of wisdom by intellectual means and moral self-discipline.So at what point is it wise to challenge the op. To assert in anyway that this is a ploy for belief bending is absurd;it is in no way wise to degrade character to make a point.

Invisiblexdzt

Re: little sister has kidney infection [Re: CaptainCrunch]
    #10043672 - 03/26/09 03:24 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

CaptainCrunch said:
this is hardly philosophy. Who then can give me a definition. it's fairly simple, hop on google and type in philosophy definition. here we go..Love and pursuit of wisdom by intellectual means and moral self-discipline.So at what point is it wise to challenge the op. To assert in anyway that this is a ploy for belief bending is absurd;it is in no way wise to degrade character to make a point.

I looked up Philosophy myself because your definition seemed like a pile of BS.

1. Knowledge, learning, scholarship; a body of knowledge; spec. advanced knowledge or learning, to which the study of the seven liberal arts was regarded as preliminary in medieval universities.

2. The love, study, or pursuit of wisdom, truth, or knowledge. Now rare.

3. The branch of knowledge that deals with the principles of human behaviour; the study of morality; ethics.

4. a. Rational inquiry or argument, as opposed to divinely revealed knowledge; (in depreciative use) mere argument, sophistry

5. {dag}a. The branch of knowledge that deals with the principles governing the material universe and perception of physical phenomena; natural science, scientific knowledge.

I find it interesting that you cherry-picked your definition, one listed as "Now rare" when you could've used number 4 which directly corresponds to argument or any of the others which would still back up the quest for knowledge displayed in this thread.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom