Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: little sister has kidney infection [Re: Swyfty Swyf]
    #10026497 - 03/23/09 01:51 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Think about it, for any of this to have any meaning, it must based upon meaningful conviction, or choice. Since it is a philosophy forum, we are just naturally assuming that this is going to be appreciated as something explicit, ideally as something genuine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #10026501 - 03/23/09 01:52 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

My little sister is terminally ill with leukemia

Actually here's my real thoughts on this. I hope she dies quickly and painlessly and does not recover to suffer just so her family will not have to deal with their personal fears.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

Loc: North Alabama
Re: little sister has kidney infection [Re: Icelander]
    #10026529 - 03/23/09 01:57 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

No one is asking for your thoughts, O Enlightened One.

Way to sum up the OP's family's emotions without knowing them.

--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

Edited by Swyfty Swyf (03/23/09 01:58 PM)

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#10026583 - 03/23/09 02:06 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Bite me. This is a debate forum and if you don't like it leave.

--------------------

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

#10026632 - 03/23/09 02:13 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

It sounds as if you are the one who doesn't like to debate.

You have told me to leave twice, but I am comfortable here.

--------------------

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #10026658 - 03/23/09 02:16 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Then why are you constantly attacking other people?

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#10026663 - 03/23/09 02:17 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Then deal with what I have to say about this subject. You somehow think you are the voice of reason here and right. I happen to think the opposite.

--------------------

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

#10026695 - 03/23/09 02:22 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I can respect that.

I don't feel like I have been attacking anyone, nor do I feel attacked by anyone.

I have said from the beginning of this that I understand that everyone has the right to say what they want.

I was only discussing whether some comments were in good taste.

I have opinions too.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#10026740 - 03/23/09 02:31 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

And you are welcome to them here. I'm not asking for yours either but you got the right as I don't own this forum. Try and remember that.:thumbup:

Every time someone dying comes up as a subject this kind of shit happens. I think it's a hoot. It confirms for me everything I believe about human death anxiety.

Death, as natural as life and as necessary. Not to be viewed as a tragedy unless you want and need it to be that way. I've lived long enough to have watched friends and family die. I don't let it upset me much and when I do it's a private affair. Why would I want anyone to interfere with my personal processes?

--------------------

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #10026768 - 03/23/09 02:35 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I've lived long enough to have watched friends and family die.

And some day the detectives will accrue enough evidence...

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: little sister has kidney infection [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #10026772 - 03/23/09 02:36 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

They better hope they get here before I eat the evidence.

--------------------

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: little sister has kidney infection [Re: chef Jay]
    #10026848 - 03/23/09 02:51 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Sorry to hear.
Best of luck for your sister.

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Offlinelukey2411
Stranger
Male

Loc: Australia, Victoria, (S.E...
Re: little sister has kidney infection [Re: Kickle]
    #10030786 - 03/24/09 01:34 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I can't believe you guys managed to hijack this thread. :thumbdown:

Go right ahead and make all sorts of threads on the topic, but someone obviously wants support; is it that hard to save your views on the topic for another thread and offer some simple words of kindness - without the logical deconstruction of it all?

"...do believe in a connection to a higher power" - this is probably why he posted it in this particular forum.

I don't wanna sound like (whatever the fuck I know you will call me) but have some tact and compassion. There are all sorts of ways you can try and justify this, but really, disconnect your logical brain for a second. My views are similar to yours, but shit, not the right time...

To the o.p, go spend time with her. I don't know why you aren't with her, and the reasons are probably understandable, but shit, just get there, go now. I can't imagine how I would feel if one of my immediate family were in that situation.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: little sister has kidney infection [Re: lukey2411]
    #10030814 - 03/24/09 01:41 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

lukey2411 said:
Go right ahead and make all sorts of threads on the topic, but someone obviously wants support; is it that hard to save your views on the topic for another thread and offer some simple words of kindness - without the logical deconstruction of it all?

He could have posted in Physical & Mental Wellbeing if he chose.  P&S is for debate and logical analysis.  :shrug:

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflinejivJaN
yes
Male User Gallery

Re: little sister has kidney infection [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #10030983 - 03/24/09 02:53 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

YawningAnus said:
you know.... im sure this will come off as assholish. (i should just make that statement a macro to head all my P&S posts) But why do people take up these causes at these moments in time.

k, you believe in the power of prayer or positive thought... awesome. im not knocking that, but wouldnt it make more sense to just have all the people that do that kind of shit just do it for everyone all the time?

its like people like Christopher Reeves, I hated that douchebag. everyone was saying "omg, he is so brave" and you know, whatever, he fell off a horse, its the risk you take when riding a horse, it would have been a completely different public opinion had he had some accident off the coast of dubai on his 110 foot yacht. But that isnt what got me, what got me was that he suddenly wanted to raise all this money and awareness about spinal chord injuries and research...
and still people want to say "oh he is so brave and charitable".... no he isnt, he is doing what everyone does in those situations where all avenues have been extinguished: the hope for a miracle.
it is a self serving agenda, maybe one of the most basic, inherent traits of almost all living things is the struggle to stay alive even in the face of imminent demise, but to disguise it as some selfless heroic act is just bullshit.

it is ultimately self-absorbed behaviour. save me!

but back to the point... so yeah, little girls getting lukemia are a far cry from the irony of superman being paralyzed by a horse, but why waste that energy?
seems like those bracelets people wear to show how they care 5$ more than you (plus it matched their outfit). it is such a hollow gesture... a formality of despair.
these people spend so much of their few remaining moments of their life after suddenly realizing how much they have taken life for granted, trying to extend their time, that they eventually die waiting for the governor to call.
im not saying one should abandon all hope, but when you get to the point of asking complete strangers to perform some mock gesture that they probably only tell you they performed to make you and themselves feel better... couldnt that time be better spent enjoying life, or coming to terms with death?

its like skydiving, and your parachute doesnt open.... do you flap your arms and try to fly for your last few minutes alive, or try to enjoy those last moments or atleast come to terms with death and your existence?

I had a dream..
About a yawning anus.. as i was trying to butt fuck this black haired girl in my dream.
It started getting bigger .. and bigger.. up unto the point where it was bigger than  my waist..
You could see the pus.. the blood.. the shit...all of that..
And.. for some reason.. i wasnt scared... or disgusted..
I pushed it back together.
so i can keep fucking it.

I look at your comments , and ideas.. and i realize why i had that dream.

And im not judging you..
Dont get me wrong.. I just think.. you and some others , obviously miss the spirituality part of this section of the forum.
Yes.. it is for debate.
And yes.. you can always debate against it..
But..
Lets look at it this way..
Maybe he thought that some people are spiritual.. eat mushrooms.. and meditate..and could meditate on this..
Certain studies  have shown that group meditation can have a profound impact on other peoples emotional state , as well as health.
He never proposed a topic for debate. Didnt see you referring to the rules before you decided participate in this imaginary argument.
Icelander did... but also with a hint of his personal view on it.
And.. he didnt stop.
Maybe the OP broke through his spiritual crisis before by reading some wise council from another member of these boards.
Maybe.. he doesnt buy into false hope and self-absorbed behavior.
And maybe.. thats exactly why he came here.
Maybe.. he feels exactly the same way you do.. and he came here.. instead of buying a bracelet .. or going to church.
Maybe he thinks.. people here are different.
And maybe.. you just fucked that up.

I think christopher reeves is a faggot too.
And i absolutely cannot stand hypocritical compassion. Why didnt he raise funds before it happened to him ?

I think this kind of  ideology some of you guys presented  strives for originality so much , that it is sometimes blinding.

And.. i think the posts were not set out to argue  anything else , but their own controversy.

Im not angry..
Im debating.
And i argue your lack or perceptiveness.. and a judgment clouded by personal biases.
Which could be likened to the same accusation you have put out if we were to operate within your own framework of beliefs presented..
In other words..
>> your closing the anus.. so you could fuck it some more.

--------------------

---------------------

All my posts in this forum are strictly fictional.
They are derived from an acute mental illness , from which i am forced to lie compulsively.
I have never induced any kind of mind altering substance in my life  and i have no intentions whatsoever of doing anything illegal.
If I have ever suggested such a thing it would have most likely been , due to my personality disorder and i probably do not remember it at all..

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Loc: Registered: 6/04/02
    #10031039 - 03/24/09 03:23 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:

Actually no, this may be described as the debate forum, but as I said earlier, it wasn't that way until it devolved into a place for skeptics to pick on those with different ideas.  One of the principles in forcing the issue and remaking the Shroomery into his playground is in this thread.

Not every conversation has to be a debate, even in a "debate" forum.  Please notice I rarely debate here.

We had a few assholes that used to use opportunities like these to try and make people as miserable as they are/were.  Certain members come immediately to mind.  I consider them sad creatures and they have my deepest sympathies.

Let's remember where we are: The Shroooooomery.  Should we expect anything more?

Nope.

This ain't church or some "Brotherhood of the Shroom."  It's an underground where bottomfeeders wallowing in misery use drugs as a way to escape the pain that life has inflicted on them.  :shrug:

Then, there's the good people.  Like you and me.  :smile:

--------------------

Edited by Mr. Mushrooms (03/24/09 03:58 AM)

InvisibleLakefingers

Loc: mumuland
Re: little sister has kidney infection [Re: chef Jay]
    #10031041 - 03/24/09 03:26 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

chef Jay said:
My little sister is terminally ill with leukemia and she is getting very close to the end.  Today she was admitted to the hospital with a kidney infection.  I just ask that you all could pray for her so that she is not in much pain and that she could pull through for me to see her again.  I live in Florida and She is at home in Pa.  This has been a very hard time for my family and I just hope that things can get better for her before she is gone. 
I do not believe in religions but I do believe in a connection to a higher power and that is the being I ask things of
What ever your beliefs are pray for her and our family.

The best prayer here is to be very present.
May that work.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: little sister has kidney infection [Re: lukey2411]
    #10031299 - 03/24/09 06:59 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

lukey2411 said:
I can't believe you guys managed to hijack this thread. :thumbdown:

"...do believe in a connection to a higher power" - this is probably why he posted it in this particular forum.

I don't wanna sound like (whatever the fuck I know you will call me) but have some tact and compassion. There are all sorts of ways you can try and justify this, but really, disconnect your logical brain for a second. My views are similar to yours, but shit, not the right time...

To the o.p, go spend time with her. I don't know why you aren't with her, and the reasons are probably understandable, but shit, just get there, go now. I can't imagine how I would feel if one of my immediate family were in that situation.

I have compassion. I just didn't believe that my telling this person I would pray for their personal desires would be compassionate. In fact I felt the opposite.

Then I went on to discuss this issue as per the rules of this forum. I kind of consider their behavior inappropriate to this forum. If I was personally really upset I would be doing the praying and not asking others. And I would not be on my computer at the Shroomery. :shrug:

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: little sister has kidney infection [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #10031317 - 03/24/09 07:09 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Mr. Mushrooms said:
Quote:

Icelander said:

Actually no, this may be described as the debate forum, but as I said earlier, it wasn't that way until it devolved into a place for skeptics to pick on those with different ideas.  One of the principles in forcing the issue and remaking the Shroomery into his playground is in this thread.

Not every conversation has to be a debate, even in a "debate" forum.  Please notice I rarely debate here.

We had a few assholes that used to use opportunities like these to try and make people as miserable as they are/were.  Certain members come immediately to mind.  I consider them sad creatures and they have my deepest sympathies.

Let's remember where we are: The Shroooooomery.  Should we expect anything more?

Nope.

This ain't church or some "Brotherhood of the Shroom."  It's an underground where bottomfeeders wallowing in misery use drugs as a way to escape the pain that life has inflicted on them.  :shrug:

Then, there's the good people.  Like you and me.  :smile:

If you choose to post in this forum be prepared to have your ideas and opinions challenged, refuted, disputed, rebutted, analyzed, shredded, pooh-poohed, and yes - even supported. If having your beliefs, opinions, and positions scrutinized critically makes you uncomfortable, this is not the forum for you.

Note: the most recent changes are italicized.

I don't consider myself a good or bad person.

For all I know someone else might feel just as sensitive about their beliefs as the OP but on a totally different subject. But in fact the OP has not continued in this thread. Some call that trolling and it's possible that it was. I cannot know for sure.

All that gets posted here are words. Words cannot hurt anyone that doesn't allow it. If humanity is to ever progress beyond our uncontrolled emotional immaturity it begins with this awareness.

--------------------

Offlineabore
Title

Loc: Flag
    #10031544 - 03/24/09 08:46 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Good luck man.  I thought a thought for you.  Here's hoping life is easy on you in whatever way it can be.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate