Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleaaarrrggghhh
Stranger
Candy!
    #1002536 - 10/29/02 07:15 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

G'day everyone. I'm not sure that this is the right forum, but i'll shoot anyway;

Candy! I noticed i havnt seen any posts pertaining to mushroom candy; seldom posts about chocolate. I was wondering, whats everyones favorite recipes? Or, is there a reason why candy isnt popular? Halloween coming up soon, i'd assume there'd be some threads on it, as i am very interested. Here are some of my ideas (Though i havnt tested them)::

ALL FOLLOWING RECCOMENDED RECIPES ARE MEANT FOR REISHI, OR OTHER NASTY TASTING MEDICINAL MUSHROOMS. NOT FOR ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES!

Honey-Grahm cracker chocolate
Take some chocolate and melt in a saucepan. Mix some mushroom powder with some semi-cool chocolate in a small dish. Spread a square of mushroom chocolate on wax paper, lay down a honey-grahm cracker, add extra honey if needed, then add more mushroom chocolate on top and let dry. Add crushed nuts on top if desired.

Honey nut nuogat chocolate.
Take some honey and crushed nuts, (little cream might be good), couple drops of vanilla, whip till paste. Add mushroom powder. Form with fingers. Dip or cover in regular or mushroom chocolate. (I dont know the exact recipe for nougat, but the nut/honey sounds good anyhow).

Coconut chocolate: Get pre-made canned coconut mix, drizzle some honey and liquid caramel in with the mix while whipping, add mushroom powder and whip lightly, take result and cover in mushroom or regular chocolate. Add crushed peanuts, walnuts, or almonds on top. If pre-made isnt preferred, get coconut flakes and whip in a mixer with some sugar and cream.

Ran out of time to post more *possibly* good recipes. I also think home made mush marsh mallows would be an excellent idea, also i'd like to get a recipe for candy corn. Also im thinking about altered candy rum balls.Hope to see some sweet ideas!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN !!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefelix
this and that
 User Gallery

Re: Candy! [Re: aaarrrggghhh]
    #1003794 - 10/29/02 06:57 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

if you find a simple hard candy recipe and powder the shrooms and throw them in while you 'drop' the candy onto wax paper.  as they harden they would encase the shroom or shroom powder.  neat.  if you had candy molds that would be even better...candy molds are cheap.

to make hard candy, just boil water, corn syrup and sugar and throw in extracts for flavor.  it's about that simple...but then you have to get into testing out the candy because it goes through different stages, from soft to brittle, the longer you boil. to test, scoop out a little of the boiling mixture with a spoon and drop into ICE water....then you can pick out the 'drop' and feel it to see what stage it is in. :laugh:

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #1004391 - 10/29/02 10:36 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Wow... what wonderful ideas.  I'm going to have to try this once I get some time on my hands.. Maybe some Christmas Candy is in order :cool:

.. I'll get back to you once I've completed my experiment :grin:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Offlinenoisycricket
Your FriendlyNeighborhoodCricket
Loc: Everymeadow, USA
    #1007736 - 10/30/02 10:05 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

check my post on mushroom fruit leather above, it was Awsome!!! :laugh: you should try it!

--------------------
I'm just a field researcher for Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy.

My entry so far.... "shrooms: Mostly harmless"

Invisibleaaarrrggghhh
Stranger
Re: Candy! [Re: felix]
    #1008350 - 10/31/02 12:51 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Hard candy and fruitleather both sound interesting. I'd personally want to stray away from hard candy, since it takes a long time to consume. I'd rather have something a little chewy but fast and easy to swallow, without having to chew and chew and chew. What i'v decided to do was to try the grahm cracker chocolate recipe described above, only im going to add a glaze of nuts and honey to top it off, and going to try the same with white chocolate, and a mix of the two.

Have a good'n all.. dont let the ghouls, ghosts and goblins chase ya around too much  :grin: :grin: :blush: :shocked: :ooo: :crazy: :laugh: :shocked: :ooo: :smirk: :tongue: :smile: :grin:  :smile: 

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: Candy! [Re: felix]
    #1009148 - 10/31/02 06:11 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

The molten candy would be at a temperature of 150-200 degrees C, this would undoubtedly destroy most of the psilocybin.

Offlinefelix
this and that
 User Gallery

Re: Candy! [Re: zeta]
    #1010970 - 10/31/02 07:29 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

good thinking....maybe some soft taffy that has psilocybin powder worked in. taffy is easy as hell to make too.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports