Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblexdzt

Re: Evolution Didn't Happen (Humans aren't animals) FACTS to prove it. [Re: DeathCompany]
    #10012803 - 03/21/09 09:55 AM (15 years, 29 days ago)

The satire was blazingly clear, IMO. It toe'd the line beautifully.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

Re: Evolution Didn't Happen (Humans aren't animals) FACTS to prove it. [Re: rizingfire]
    #10012806 - 03/21/09 09:57 AM (15 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

rizingfire said:
yet non of you have seen evolution proved and yet you still make the same lame ass remarks, why? Because if there is any part of creationism that is true then you would have to believe in God? You guys are just silly if you think evolution is a fact...Its like a fairy tale for adults and like they said there are too many gaps and genetic testing has proven we could not have evolved from chimps so that is definitely BS...with so many parts of it unexplained but using natural selection as the method by which evolution takes place, what we evolved from would have to be extinct since evolution is kind of a forced, survival of the fitest, well if we are the fittest and the end result there would be no more monkeys because they would have had to evolve or else die...there are way too many cases against darwinism and since darwin himself later said he was wrong why would people still believe it? Only because it gives you an excuse to pretend there is no God and removed the accountability to Him, sounds like you are all pretty pathetic to just criticize people for their beliefs...I just figured I would throw that back and see how you like it...You have to be an ignorant fuck to believe you have all the answers when clearly not a single one of you has witnessed any of the experimentation to prove even a small part of evolution so ultimately you are talking out your ass.

Your knowledge of science makes me laugh.  I won't even get into the debate with you, but as someone else said, humans and chimps have a common ancestor, we didn't evolve from "monkeys".
Where you said that if one species evolves from another, the old species must die.  Well, why are wolves still alive if we have dogs?  Why are there different species of wolves?
Are you aware that if there is a species of animal living in Asia, and half its population migrates to Africa, the African located individuals over time could breed into a new species while the pool of individuals in Asia might remain relatively unchanged?
You don't seem to know anything about evolution or biology, and I recommend you pick up a book before throwing out middle school arguments like "well if we evolved from monkeys then why are there still monkeys?!"

I personally believe in God, but I also know enough about science to understand that evolution is most likely true.  So I believe in both of them.  The two are not conflicting beliefs.

Quote:

Poid said:
What doesn't evolve? :what:

Even the God and the Holy Bible that you know today evolved from something, you know.....

Seriously, if life couldn't evolve, it wouldn't exist.  It wouldn't be able to cope with climactic changes, introductions of new species, yada yada yada.

--------------------
My name is Mud

Edited by DragonChaser (03/21/09 10:07 AM)

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: Evolution Didn't Happen (Humans aren't animals) FACTS to prove it. [Re: Green_T]
    #10012808 - 03/21/09 09:58 AM (15 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

green_titan said:
This guy has PROOF the earth is 6,000 years old. No, really!

Fuck, that's too long...

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

OfflineTedwilto
Veni, vidi, vici
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Sunny Afternoon in
Re: Evolution Didn't Happen (Humans aren't animals) FACTS to prove it. [Re: rizingfire]
    #10012812 - 03/21/09 09:59 AM (15 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

rizingfire said:
yet non of you have seen evolution proved and yet you still make the same lame ass remarks, why? Because if there is any part of creationism that is true then you would have to believe in God? You guys are just silly if you think evolution is a fact...Its like a fairy tale for adults and like they said there are too many gaps and genetic testing has proven we could not have evolved from chimps so that is definitely BS...with so many parts of it unexplained but using natural selection as the method by which evolution takes place, what we evolved from would have to be extinct since evolution is kind of a forced, survival of the fitest, well if we are the fittest and the end result there would be no more monkeys because they would have had to evolve or else die...there are way too many cases against darwinism and since darwin himself later said he was wrong why would people still believe it? Only because it gives you an excuse to pretend there is no God and removed the accountability to Him, sounds like you are all pretty pathetic to just criticize people for their beliefs...I just figured I would throw that back and see how you like it...You have to be an ignorant fuck to believe you have all the answers when clearly not a single one of you has witnessed any of the experimentation to prove even a small part of evolution so ultimately you are talking out your ass.

Also, we didnt evolve from monkeys. We had a common ancestor with monkeys.

--------------------

Song of the week, click Huey:

Song of the week list in journal.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Evolution Didn't Happen (Humans aren't animals) FACTS to prove it. [Re: DragonChaser]
    #10012816 - 03/21/09 10:01 AM (15 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

DragonChaser said:
I personally believe in God, but I also know enough about science to understand that evolution is most likely true.  So I believe in both of them.  The two are not conflicting beliefs.

I can't believe there are still people who don't understand this. :facepalm:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Evolution Didn't Happen (Humans aren't animals) FACTS to prove it. [Re: Poid]
    #10012832 - 03/21/09 10:05 AM (15 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
Quote:

DragonChaser said:

They could if they understood religious books aren't necessarily right when it comes to science. The bible says bats are a type of bird for fucks sake.

--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

InvisibleGeomancer
Seeker of Wisdom
Loc: the shadows of your mind
Re: Evolution Didn't Happen (Humans aren't animals) FACTS to prove it. [Re: Poid]
    #10012833 - 03/21/09 10:05 AM (15 years, 29 days ago)

"The bible says X, so obviously X must be true."

Even though this video is a satire, I can't tell you how many otherwise intelligent people I have spoken to that actually use this arguement.

--------------------
:stoneowl:                                                                                                :watchingyou:                                                                                                :stoneowl:

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Evolution Didn't Happen (Humans aren't animals) FACTS to prove it. [Re: Geomancer]
    #10012887 - 03/21/09 10:18 AM (15 years, 29 days ago)

How are they otherwise intelligent, then?

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Offlinedoom876
Stranger

#10012895 - 03/21/09 10:19 AM (15 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
Quote:

DragonChaser said:

Quote:

Poid said:
Quote:

DragonChaser said:

Well, they do conflict unless you cherry-pick what you believe in the bible, which in that case you are probably dumber then the hard core christian. It's all or nothing, and I choose to believe the bible is BS.

Religion and science cannot co-exist in one mind because one is all knowing dogma and one is based on the knowledge that people gather through study!

You know what is more annoying then creationists, people who think that god created the big bang so they don't have to compromise!

--------------------

Fight for a large loving government that can take care of its people, kill our criminals, and preform the huge industrial tasks our corporate overlords refuse(wanna greenwash me some more Exon?)

Not this weak travesty that let millions starve and sucks corporate cock while failing at every turn.

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
    #10012897 - 03/21/09 10:20 AM (15 years, 29 days ago)

People who don't believe in evolution I see as retarded. Ignorance is bliss I guess though so I keep my mouth shut mostly.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

InvisibleKnifey Mcstab
Sir Prancelot Brainfire
Male

Loc: PNW
Re: Evolution Didn't Happen (Humans aren't animals) FACTS to prove it. [Re: Knifey Mcstab]
    #10012916 - 03/21/09 10:25 AM (15 years, 29 days ago)

IDK, the majority of Christians I come in contact with are fine. Most of my family is and we get along okay for the most part. Also, it doesn't necessarily mean you're dumb just because you're a Christian trust me. I've known some otherwise highly intelligent individuals who just couldn't reason with themselves the fact that their religion really makes no sense.

--------------------

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
Re: Evolution Didn't Happen (Humans aren't animals) FACTS to prove it. [Re: doom876]
    #10012930 - 03/21/09 10:28 AM (15 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

doom876 said:

Religion and science cannot co-exist in one mind because one is all knowing dogma and one is based on the knowledge that people gather through study!

Not entirely true, there's a lot of people who believe E.T.s had a lot to do with many religions. It was just the people who perceived them wrongly and put them in the books as Gods or angels because they couldn't explain it any other way.

So there's one way science and religion can co-exist in one mind. Just a bunch of lesser intelligent humans not understanding what they saw and worshiping it because it is much more complex and powerful than they are.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Evolution Didn't Happen (Humans aren't animals) FACTS to prove it. [Re: doom876]
    #10012936 - 03/21/09 10:29 AM (15 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

doom876 said:

You know the old Pope had endorsed evolution...

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Evolution Didn't Happen (Humans aren't animals) FACTS to prove it. [Re: highdroponics]
    #10012940 - 03/21/09 10:29 AM (15 years, 29 days ago)

Most people who believe in God cannot put together a coherent sentence or explanation of what God even is. Most people who don't believe in the evolution of our species believe that that theory can't co-exist with the God theory. Most God believers don't accept that the God theory is just that; a theory.

Many peoples' thought processes boggle my mind, regardless of what social group they belong to...

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Edited by Poid (03/21/09 10:32 AM)

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Evolution Didn't Happen (Humans aren't animals) FACTS to prove it. [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #10012944 - 03/21/09 10:31 AM (15 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
Quote:

doom876 said:

You know the old Pope had endorsed evolution...

He was an altogether good guy, but I don't know if the same could be said about the current Pope, though.

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

InvisibleKnifey Mcstab
Sir Prancelot Brainfire
Male

Loc: PNW
    #10012952 - 03/21/09 10:33 AM (15 years, 29 days ago)

Ya, the old Pope was respectable imo.

--------------------

OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

#10013026 - 03/21/09 10:46 AM (15 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

doom876 said:
Well, they do conflict unless you cherry-pick what you believe in the bible, which in that case you are probably dumber then the hard core christian. (you're even dumber for not being able to see that certain things, like the coexistence of religion and science might be out of your limited mind's grasp) It's all or nothing (once again, a stupid belief, as very little about life is all or nothing), and I choose to believe the bible is BS.

Religion and science cannot co-exist in one mind (maybe your mind is just too small for both to fit inside it) because one is all knowing dogma and one is based on the knowledge that people gather through study!

You know what is more annoying then creationists, people who think that god created the big bang so they don't have to compromise! (wouldn't that be the simplest and most beautiful way he could create the universe?  with an explosion of matter directly from him, and letting the universe and life evolve on its own?  do you really expect everyone who believes in God to believe that he sat down like a potter with a wheel and formed every living creature, every planet, every single thing by hand?)

I question your knowledge of religion.
Religion isn't about following a book, word for word.  Its about having a personal relationship with your God.  The book serves a purpose if you feel lost, or need guidance.

The Bible was written by ancient man.  Lets say that they were revealed the creation of the universe in visions from God.  How would they describe it?  They lacked knowledge of physics, chemistry, etc, so they would describe it in things they were familiar with.  They may describe the stages of the universes formation as "days", and seeing stars coalesce from gaseous matter would appear to them as God separating darkness from light.  Seeing the earth form would be the separation of the heavens and the earth.
The bible never says that God made man in his physical image, just "in our image", as in the image of he and the host of angels, and other creatures of spirit.  I've wondered if it just meant that man was the only creature bestowed a soul component, and thats what finally separated us from other primates.

There is a lot of room for interpretation in the bible than you might think.  You have to realize that it was written from ancient man's perspective, and try to look at it appropriately.

People have it in their heads that the idea behind creationism is that God created the universe and every living thing exactly the way it is, never changing.  How boring is that?  Would an all powerful being really do something so... simple, and boring?

Or would it all start with an unimaginable bang, followed by countless of unbelievably complex and beautiful processes over billions of years, matter coalescing into planets and stars, and in some areas, lifeless matter somehow becoming amino acids, and then simple life, finally culminating (in one small part of our galaxy) in a small green and blue planet with an amazingly complex system of life living on it.

Which one is more worthy of a God?

--------------------
My name is Mud

Edited by DragonChaser (03/21/09 10:57 AM)

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Evolution Didn't Happen (Humans aren't animals) FACTS to prove it. [Re: DragonChaser]
    #10013089 - 03/21/09 10:56 AM (15 years, 29 days ago)

Yeah, most people of religion don't seem to understand much of what you are saying here.

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

#10013126 - 03/21/09 11:03 AM (15 years, 29 days ago)

I know, but most atheists wouldn't either, because they view religion and the bible as an all-or-nothing experience.

But that stance is based on the assumption that if there is indeed a God, that hardcore Christians are right.  Get it?

Only when you start with the assumption that "If there is a God, Christianity must be right" can you come to the assumption that "the Bible is all or nothing".

If you start with the assumption that "there is a God, but Christianity is flawed (which it must be, since its a creation of man, and man is flawed, an imperfect being can never learn how to worship a perfect being)", then the Bible and hardcore Christians cannot be 100% accurate.

Therefore the bible is not all or nothing, and neither is religion.

--------------------
My name is Mud

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10013135 - 03/21/09 11:06 AM (15 years, 29 days ago)

It's like how hardcore conspiracy theorists are no different than hardcore anti-conspiracy theorists.

A bunch of :sheepie:s many in this world are...

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom