Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGleepGlop20
Stranger
'general' rusty guy drug tips?
    #1001093 - 10/28/02 10:06 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

hi, havent used this site in years, forgive me if im in the wrong place...

ive only shroomed 2 times, and both times i got 2 symptoms that i need to get rid of to enjoy things: i get freezing cold, and my stomach feels sick.

my first thought would be to try taking some stomach settler like pepto bismol or tums, and then taking something like Tylenol to regulate my temperature.

what do people think about taking 'medication' with shrooms? there shouldnt be any problems unless its something like an MAOI, right?

another thought i had was to take something like DMT so i get blasted into the trip and dont even notice whatever side effects, or if there is anything sucky, it will be over soon anyway... what about that? the 1 guy i know who tried DMT said he freaked out, i was kinda hoping i would have some kind of ego loss so i couldnt assess the situation like that

thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRoKiSdEaD
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: South
Re: 'general' rusty guy drug tips? [Re: GleepGlop20]
    #1001143 - 10/28/02 10:25 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Try Dramamine or something to that effect for your stomach, pepto bismol never works for shit on anything. Tylenol won't regulate your temperature, un;less the reason your gettin cold is cuz you got a fever, in that case i guess it might help. Otherwise, wear a coat :P :smile: Ive also heard bud is very good for the nasuea associated with any drug use.

Offlineliquidity
experienced
Loc: USA
    #1001180 - 10/28/02 10:37 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Any drug affecting the mood probably has some effect on a trip. This could be antidepressants, or any mood altering drug.

Offlinehuboldium
    #1001908 - 10/29/02 01:22 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

solutions:

1-for nausea and stomach cramps, take 2 ginger caplets 30-45 mins before injesting the mushrooms, also keep bud on hand, you have no idea how it can ease the nausea
2- for the cold, it ususally onl yhappens during the early stages of a trip, if possible eat the mushrroms at home with the thermostat cranked so you feel generally warm, if you go outside then dress in warm clothing, sometimes the cold is psychological so try to make yourself feel warm mentally by bringing things that make you feel warm, and dont focus or expect either of the 2 symptoms, sometimes they dont appear if you dont think about them

OfflineGleepGlop20
Stranger
Re: 'general' rusty guy drug tips? [Re: huboldium]
    #1002696 - 10/29/02 10:25 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

hmm, guess i forgot to mention that i was going between extreme hot and cold... guess thats why i thought about tylenol because i just had something like the flu where i had crazy temperature fluctuations and tylenol did the trick

yeah its got to be regular 'medicine', weed gives me twice as bad symptoms as shrooms...

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: 'general' rusty guy drug tips? [Re: huboldium]
    #1003805 - 10/29/02 06:59 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Good post huboldlum... you are on the money for both.

2- I always get the chills as the trip is coming up, but they go away after I start to peak. Learn to enjoy them.. use them as an indicator for how quick and strong the trip is going to be to prepare yourself. I always keep a blanket handy so I can cover up until the trip kicks in.

1- Have a mostly empty tummy, but not 100% empty... eat a craker or three a bit before the trip. Have crackers, or chocolate, or chips, etc handy to much on during the trip... you won't be very hungry, but some things taste aweson and others horrid. Papyra enzyme extract pills from health food store help as well. Don't run around... sometimes movement seems to make the nausea worse. If you are making teas or blending fruit into a drink, use less liquid. I only use about 1/2 cup unless I am mixing in a lot of fruit. Teas can be easier on the tummy too, but they tend to be weaker trips even if you up the dosage (for me at least).

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineBitchCakes
The captain ofouter space

Loc: Sea Attole
Re: 'general' rusty guy drug tips? [Re: Seuss]
    #1003908 - 10/29/02 07:47 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I would advise against the dramamine (or benadryl). It can make you pretty drowsy, and sometimes alter your mood.

Pepto bismol actually works for me (ive heard it doesnt help most people) so I take a couple chewable tablets maybe a half hour into the trip.

--------------------
-I'm a dork-

Invisiblebrowho4d
The Brody Who?What?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Incoherent
    #1004002 - 10/29/02 08:26 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I agree With the ginger root it always has eased my pains

--------------------
THIS PROCEDURE HAS NOT BEEN VALIDATED FOR STERILITY HOWEVER THOUGH IT HAS BEEN SPRAYED WITH DUSTER.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience