Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

For Ohioans, a chance to change the Constitution!
    #1000442 - 10/28/02 05:44 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

For those who are from Ohio and are registered to vote, November 5th, 2002, will be your chance to change Ohio's Constitution so that more drugs users do not go to prison.

Issue 1 is about 1st and 2nd degree drug offenders being offered a chance for treatment rather than prison time if they do not commit the crime with violence or are not selling or manufacturing the drug.

If this issue passes it will be written into Ohio's Constitution and cannot be overturned by any political body.

So, if you are from Ohio and want to see this happen. Get out there and vote!

This is Democracy in action.

This is one more reason why the whiners that do not vote are SO wrong. They miss opportunities like this one. America is far from perfect but this is a good example of what makes it a better country than some.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Loc: BC Canada
Re: For Ohioans, a chance to change the Constitution! [Re: ]
    #1000602 - 10/28/02 06:44 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

There's a lot of states holding votes about liberalizing drugs in some way or another.

Is this the kind of thing the feds will not recognize? Like med pot?

--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

Anonymous

Re: For Ohioans, a chance to change the Constitution! [Re: carbonhoots]
    #1000661 - 10/28/02 07:03 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Most of the time a drug user is busted for possession of illicit substances they are punished under state statutes. The Feds do not have the resources to bust someone for simple possession of things like psychoactive mushrooms. The prison terms, at least in Ohio, are due to State Statutes not Federal ones. You ask an honest question though. If this passes it will have a dramatic effect on the prison population and other things. I was talking to one of the justices the other day about this and the fact is that some on the bench are terrified that it will pass. They just luv those police powers!

It is quite a bit different from the medical issue.

Cheers,

Offlineehud
Rocket Scientist
Loc: Middle America
    #1000792 - 10/28/02 08:04 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I used to live in ohio, I wish I still did just so I could vote on this issue.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1000805 - 10/28/02 08:14 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

lets hope some of that spreads up here into Michigan.....I HIGHLY doubt it..The libbies in these parts are so fucking controling they would never take the risk to let people think for themselves and the republicrates are so spinless to actually take a stance on the issue......

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Anonymous

Re: For Ohioans, a chance to change the Constitution! [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1001051 - 10/28/02 09:47 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

That's really a shame.

Whatever happened to your guy's gun issue? Did it go to court? I followed it for a while but then there were too many other fires I was fighting, like now for instance.

Cheers,

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1001071 - 10/28/02 09:57 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

***Whatever happened to your guy's gun issue?***

which one? There are many issues going on at the moment......

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Anonymous

Re: For Ohioans, a chance to change the Constitution! [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1001159 - 10/28/02 10:31 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

There was a concealed carry bill that I thought had passed the general assembly but went to the Supreme Court in your state or something. The challenge had something to do with some obscure agriculture stipulation or something. This was either last year or the year before.

Cheers,

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Duck Hunt, Enemy Enforcer

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #1007689 - 10/30/02 09:44 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Did you see the insert in he paper today about issue 1? It really bashed it and ried to make it look foolish. Every major newspaper in the state is opposed to it. Most politicians are against it too. It'sa shame. I'll vote for issue 1, but realisticaly I expect it to fail. But it it passes I'll be really happy.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Anonymous

Re: For Ohioans, a chance to change the Constitution! [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #1007722 - 10/30/02 09:58 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, I saw the ad.

I do not have poll numbers on the issue so I have no clue about how it will go. My circle of friends are all voting for it though.

We probably should have communicated more before now about all the candidates in your area. At the moment I am too busy to talk about it. Are you in Portage county? If so Hassett has it. 11th appellate District Court spread the word he is running against two communists.

Cheers,

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Duck Hunt, Enemy Enforcer

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #1008057 - 10/30/02 11:34 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I'm in Summit county. I know all the candidates I'll be voting for except the judges. It's hard to find judges endorsed by both pro-life groups and pro-gun groups. I'm definatly voting against judge Teodosio and the other judge that bragged about sending a guy to prison for a year for hitting a police dog though, I forget her name right now. Teodosio is a bad judge for sure. She admits illegal hearsay evidence in cases before her. If you want to talk about candidates in my area though, my zip is 44236.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1009422 - 10/31/02 08:13 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

they ok'd concealed weapons in Macomb county (which i lived in until i graduated from HS)...but i live in oakland county....there's always a gun issue here in mich.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1010218 - 10/31/02 03:05 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

It's hard to find judges endorsed by both pro-life groups and pro-gun groups.

Thank god!

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Anonymous

#1011455 - 10/31/02 11:03 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I'm really up against the wall as the election descends upon us with a lot of various tasks to do. I will try my best to get the info for you. Remember, the judges do NOT have an R or a D by their name, if that means anything to you.

I wanted to mention soemthing else as well. I better organization than the NRA is the GOA, Gun Owners of America. Basically the NRA is in bed with the other side. They destroyed concealed carry for Ohio in the last session of the General Assembly. But of course you'll never hear that story from them. I was there to watch it happen.

Of other interest to you.

Maureen O'Conner is NOT Pro-Life irregardless of what Ohio Right to Life ahs to say. Then again, ORTL is another compromise organization. Maureen, and yes I've talked with her, has NO record of EVER voting Pro-Life or rendering a Pro-Life opinion on anything. Evelyn Stratton is both Pro-Life AND Pro-Gun. She is as close to a Constitutional candidate that we will get.

Deters is Pro-Life but anti-gun.

Blackwell is a solid Conservative of the Bible toting kind. His opponent Flannery claims Pro-Life as a gimmick to get votes.

Petro is Mr. Waffles. He is back and forth on BOTH issues so much he needs some syrup to go with his record.

Taft is pretty much a jerk and his Lt. is worse.

Betty Montgomery is part of the old JoAnn Davidson (former Speaker of the House) Ol' Gal network. Anti- Drug, Pro-Abortion, Anti-Gun scum!

That's all for now. I'll see what I can do about getting you that info in time.

See you at the polls,

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion