Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheCow
Stranger

One 8th too much for a first timer?
    #1000404 - 10/28/02 03:28 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Hello, I am 17 years old and still live with my parents. My friend has done shrooms about 6 times, his first time he did it, he did less then half an 8th of an ounce and said it was wonderful. But I have heard from numerous people to at least do half an 8th, but idealy the full 8th because it is much better, especially your first time. So since I will be doing this in my room at night, is it wise to do one 8th?. I dont want to freak out or run around or something. So what do you guys (or girls) recommend.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: One 8th too much for a first timer? [Re: TheCow]
    #1000407 - 10/28/02 03:31 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

My first time was an eighth. You should be fine, just remember it's a drug that will wear off eventually.

OfflineTheCow
Stranger

Re: One 8th too much for a first timer? [Re: Anonymous]
    #1000462 - 10/28/02 03:51 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

So your saying that it wont completely mess me up. Because my parents room is rather close. I had just planned on staying in my bed, locking my room doors, and listening to music and such. Oh and I believe Im using the "mexican" variety. Or thats what the guy usually has. So then how much different is an 8th from half of one. Oh and I forgot. Ive been studying the hell out of Aldous Huxley's essays, The Doors Of Perception and Heaven and Hell. They are so marvelous. He claims that mescaline is not bad for you, I know acid is, but is mescaline alright?

Edited by TheCow (10/28/02 03:54 PM)

Offlinekaz
DoSeR

#1000473 - 10/28/02 03:53 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

take 1 gram and if its not enough.do 2 the next time
you don't want to do to much for your first time,but if it was me i would take 1.thats all i have ever taken. :grin:

--------------------

I have never and will never use a screen in a glass piece.
That defeats the purpose of having a glass piece. Must be a canadian thing.

OfflineKemist
Soul ComponentsPrototype IssueM11983MF50 (x_x)

Loc: The Orgin
Re: One 8th too much for a first timer? [Re: kaz]
    #1000568 - 10/28/02 04:28 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

my first time was half an 1/8 and it was a blast ... very euphoric and forgiving

is it a dry or wet 1/8 ... dealers sometimes try to rip you off selling you and 1/8 of wet shrooms. make sure its an 1/8 of dry

dont shroom for the first time around your family ... very dangerous. i had shroomed about 6 times and i decided ... yeah i can handle an 1/8 around the house when everyones asleep alone my room. i ended up going ape shit and almost killing my brother .. it fucked up mothers day for sure.

you should wait till theres an open house or even a friends house. have a sitter for the first time. it can get pretty intense and being alone sucks when you want to talk to someone. split an 1/8 with a friend and enjoy it much more.

--------------------
Rafa (x_X)

fuck a sig

OfflineTheCow
Stranger

Re: One 8th too much for a first timer? [Re: Kemist]
    #1000647 - 10/28/02 04:59 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Hmm well the problem with that is that no ones parents ever really leave. Occasionally we will have the house to ourselves for the night. But rarely. So my only real oppurtunity would be around my house. But I dont want to freak out.. Interesting. Oh and its dry.

OfflineChefRamenNoodle
The Chef
    #1000666 - 10/28/02 05:04 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

well if you dont want to do it around your house, find a nice park or nature trail to chill at with one or two other people who have tripped before. i havent done shrooms (yet) but id want to do them outside in nature

--------------------
--
[url=www.cafeshops.com/cheframen]Disinformation Awareness Office[/url

Offlinecheifdog24
enthusiast

Re: One 8th too much for a first timer? [Re: ChefRamenNoodle]
    #1000887 - 10/28/02 06:43 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Don't go to a park for your first time. If you have to be in the same house as your parents, I suggest renting a good movie, and just chilling. Alice in wonderland is the shizznit. This is what I'd do if I were you. Dose, wait around until it starts kicking in, then pop in Alice. Watching the movie helps get me through the "tough" part of the trip. After the movie, then you can go exploring outside. Have fun.

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
    #1001047 - 10/28/02 07:43 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

dont try to squeeze a mushroom trip into a time slot that probably wont work especially in your parents house. you are probably going to have a bad trip especially if you come into contact with your parents. save it for a time during the day when you can be outdoors. i have a bad trip every time i do shrooms at night stuck in the house. i cant imagine what it would be like with my parents in the house. if you are going to do it anyway an 8th is probably too much. do a 16th or 1 gram.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Offlineliquidity
experienced
Loc: USA
Re: One 8th too much for a first timer? [Re: 1stimer]
    #1001110 - 10/28/02 08:13 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Do you have experience with other drugs? This should be a factor in deciding how much to take. If you do take take that much be somewhere safe. Dont be out in a park. Preferably be in your room or somewhere indoors with responsible friends. If you have to trip at your house do it when your parents are gone, if they wont be gone do it while they are sleeping at night, you will stay up all nite.
You could always take half and see how that does, wait an hour or 2 and if you want more take it.

OfflineTheCow
Stranger

Re: One 8th too much for a first timer? [Re: liquidity]
    #1001421 - 10/28/02 09:44 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Well Ive done weed and ive done salvia twice. So Im not sure how much that counts for. But it looks like an 8th might be too much in my room.

OfflineD_Tox
Boddhisattva

Loc: Lab 23
    #1001528 - 10/28/02 10:04 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I say go for it.

--------------------
-----------------------
D_Tox

to understand other people….to be aware
to understand animals….to be a decent person
to understand plants….. to be a refined individual
to understand the mushroom…to be enlightened

Offlinehuboldium
Re: One 8th too much for a first timer? [Re: D_Tox]
    #1001864 - 10/28/02 11:14 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i say go for the whole thing, you wont regreet it, even if it is a bad experience, you learn from all experiences with mushrooms, i would stay away from the family though, you will probably be laughing your ass off for the first couple hours and people will think you are crazy, i would say find a park or a teen center or something that you can drop into, eat your mushrooms and wait, i like the teen center because it realy sucks being stuck in a boring room with a movie, you want to get outside, interact, see things, and enjoy your experience, but you should also have a nice quiet place ready, soemtimes all you feel like doing is sitting down and watching a movie, if you leave yourself 4 hours after you peak you can go home easily, your pupils will be dialated and your short term memory will be shit but you can pass, then go to your room and chill during the comedown

Invisiblevildechayea
shodan

#1002080 - 10/29/02 12:04 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Like Kaz said, do only 1 gram (or less), and not around your folks, not by yourself. Some place safe and private. Be patient.

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

#1002433 - 10/29/02 03:13 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

He claims that mescaline is not bad for you, I know acid is, but is mescaline alright?

Nope. Acid, mushrooms, mescaline and all other psychedelics are harmless in moderation. They all have incredibly low toxicity.

OfflineTheCow
Stranger

Re: One 8th too much for a first timer? [Re: zeta]
    #1003470 - 10/29/02 02:37 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

The problem with the mescaline is that although the dealer says it is mescaline. I dont trust him enough tot take it, since its in a clear crystal type form. Well it looks like Ill be holding off doing them in my room. I dont want to start freaking out.

OfflineShRo_0My
KillaHo

Loc: overTHErainbow, BC
    #1003738 - 10/29/02 04:34 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

the second time i ever tripped, was by myself (the first time didnt count, because i only ate like a gram-two, but that was becuase i didnt know a thing about shrooms and got ripped off) I got to know myself wayyyyyyy better. you do sum fucked up things when your by yourself and on shrooms. You should try it.

--------------------
Evil is anointed, get disappointed
Guillotine to your spleen
You'll get defeated, you can't beat it, join it

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Loc: the Oily Way...
    #1003752 - 10/29/02 04:39 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Hmmmmm, doing an eighth for your first time would be a bit much if the shrooms are good (as in not being poorly dried and old) - do 1.5 grams to get the feel a bit or so, so you aren't completely taken by surprise, and so doing more will be easier to graps the next time(s).

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Loc: the Oily Way...
    #1003760 - 10/29/02 04:43 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Oops, didn't read your post completely initially (distracted) - you really don't want to be that close to your parents, go out somewhere relatively cool, the thought of them right there could be unnerving. Go to the woods if there's some around you..definately cool visually.

OfflineDrJoseph
Wendy shot thegun.

Loc: intermolecular travel
Re: One 8th too much for a first timer? [Re: TheHobbit] * 1
    #1003825 - 10/29/02 05:09 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

You still live with your parents eh? well, here's somethin me and my friends did.... went to a forest, dug a huge hole, like a big cube underground, with boards over the top, then dirt, and a bunch of candles....... its amazing. Yah, i sadly had your same problem.. parents with no lives, never go out, always home... so, we would go to the box when nothin better was goin on. Its still there, i think... 5 years i cant believe nobody has found it yet. At least, if they have found it, they havent stolen our stuff. Anyways, its an amazing expereince to be in there on mushrooms. munch munch, an hour later, you feel like yur trapped in a box, so you step outside for a smoke, and realize, yur surrounded by a huge forest!! No need for paranoia... you could scream and noone would here.
well thats my story.

As for your dosage amount... my first trip was a quarter ounce.. 7 or 8 grams. Completely wonderful. The lowest dose i've ever taken was 2 grams, which i felt i waisted my money on... the 7 gram high was completely different, and 500% better, even though it was from the same batch of shrooms. So if i were you... I'd try eating the 1/8th.. cuz why low dose when you have enough to high dose? Why sacrifice your psychedelic experience just because you are afraid of your parents? Still, i would advise NOT to peak out in yur house. After the peak, i find talking with the family is much easier, if not comfortable. you'll still be trippin pretty hard.. so be ware. Probably after 2 hours into it you'll be fine. Still trippin, but relatively speaking, fine.
peace

--------------------
"cus it aint gonna be like you think it is - thats the one thing you can take to the bank." - Terance mckenna

OfflinePugslee_Atoms420
Street Pigs areour friends
Re: One 8th too much for a first timer? [Re: DrJoseph]
    #1004903 - 10/29/02 11:22 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

7 or 8 grams sounds like so much, are you for real? The most I've ever taken is an eight, though I usually handle it fine if I don't booze too much. Am I missing something>i keep hearing about a "level 3" or "level 5" trip- does that just mean more visuals?

Offlineehud
Rocket Scientist
Loc: Middle America
    #1004942 - 10/29/02 11:34 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

dont do it anywhere that you cant leave. With friends is much more fun. Remember to just fall into the trip dont force it, go with the flow. It is fun at night if you are out side looking at lights and stuff. Or even in the woods duing a clear night. Dont do it if there is ANY chance you will be talking to people who dont know your tripping. I also would suggest not just locking yourself in your room, you might get figity and want to leave, but then you will be too scared to go out of your room because of the rules you set for yourself. Also 1.5g or about half an eighth is perfect. It is not like weed where the more the better. Light doses are usualy more giggely and fun; while heavy doses are more spiritual. It all depends what your looking for. One of the best time I had was riding in the back seat of a car looking at christmas lights with friends WE HAD A DesDriver and it will probly be the best trip I ever went on.
Hope I could be of help enjoy!

Oh and dont watch a movie it will seem really mundane and you will not want to follow the plot. Mushrooms go way beyond anything any movie could offer you.

Edited by ehud (10/29/02 11:40 PM)

Offlinesilver
Stranger
Re: One 8th too much for a first timer? [Re: ehud]
    #1005072 - 10/30/02 12:42 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Holy christ. You guys are mean, I have to pay 40 an eigth for my shrooms, but 2 will fucking send me flying, I swear I was fucking going nuts about to kill myself on 3. Granted I do about an eigth now every time.

He has never tripped before, he has "done" weed and "done" salvia. Obviously making him a very amateur drug "user". I would tell him to stick with 1.5, just to feel the effects and kind of see what tripping is about. He wont "go nuts", however he still runs the risk of laughing really really loud and not caring about it (1.5 can still do that to me.)

DO NOT, even THINK about eating an eigth by yourself in the dark with your parents home, maybe asleep, maybe awake because they hear you when you should be asleep.

Trust me, going at mom with a knife, or telling dad to suck your dick, then running out the front door because he suddenly scares you is not a good way to stay out of trouble.

You sound like a nice kid, pretty well educated, and properly punctuated, just use your brain, even if you have to do it at some weird time, do it, see why you couldn't do it at home.

Also, not even at a low dose for the first time should you be around the general public for christs sake.

Offlinekillabeez
flashy guy

Re: One 8th too much for a first timer? [Re: silver]
    #1006565 - 10/30/02 01:27 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I've only tripped once. I spit an eighth with a friend of mine who is an old school hippie. So I only ate about 1.75 grams. Well that did it for me. I laughed, cried, got happy and thought I died. All in the same night. Lasted tooooo damn long. I really had no idea how long that shit was gonna last. It's like time stopped, usually on drugs I'm thinking "damn, I wish I wasn't comming down" on shrooms I was like "damn, I wish I would come down."

I'd do it again, if they were around. I also paid $40 bucks(USD) for an 1/8th

OfflineDrJoseph
Wendy shot thegun.

Loc: intermolecular travel
Re: One 8th too much for a first timer? [Re: killabeez]
    #1006712 - 10/30/02 02:11 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

fuck... i couldnt imagine spending $40 USD for a half quarter...  i just baught a quarter pound for $380 CANADIAN.  Thats probably around $242 american... almost the amount you guys pay for an ounce. :smile: I guess thats the reason i've always eaten alot.  I find there's alot more to mushrooms than just pretty pictures... the pretty pictures will come alive! and have universes and all those cosmics thoughts embeded within them.. crazy.

--------------------
"cus it aint gonna be like you think it is - thats the one thing you can take to the bank." - Terance mckenna

OfflineTheCow
Stranger

Re: One 8th too much for a first timer? [Re: DrJoseph]
    #1006768 - 10/30/02 02:27 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Well I can get an 8th for 25. Ok it seems like that this isnt such a good idea. My friend did it in his room the first time, but he did a low amount. So now I play the waiting game, probably for a while. Lifes a bitch, but whatever.

OfflineTrauM
Poker Player

Loc: North America
    #1007020 - 10/30/02 03:40 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Man I suggest you dont listen to these guys and try a gram to start (no offense you guys), because it may not be what your expecting and it might catch you off guard NO MATTER how mentally prepared you think you are.

Shrooms will turn you into someone else, you will think about things you have never thought before, and you will most likely feel a bit uncomfortable at one time in the trip or another.

The big thing here is parents - you will most likely be paranoid about them and if not, you may become paranoid if you confront them or have to communicate with them.

This seems like this night you planned with you and your friends can easily be turned upside if one thing goes wrong, so why not be safe?

Potency/Strength of shrooms vary throughout the different areas, and some people who posted here and said they ate an 1/8 for their first time could of got some really weak shrooms, and I dont know how you would react if you ate an 1/8 of strong shrooms for your first time... :frown:

So play it safe and try a gram first, its not gonna hurt anyone, and its better safe then sorry - trust me on this one, you will be very thankful you did when it comes down to it.

Anyways do what you feel is right, and do what your instincts tell you, peace and I hope your shroom plan unfolds nicely, rather than badly.

--------------------
Oh what a tangled web we weave when we practise to deceive..

OfflineInFecTeD-FuRY
wannabericer
Loc: Monroe, WA
    #1007599 - 10/30/02 07:06 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

me and my friend did about 2 grams each for our first time and we were together the whole time...4 days later he decided to eat about 3 grams by himself, an 8th is about 3.5-4 grams...so it was almost a whole eigth...it was his second trip and he still coul dnot handle it, he called me up crying saying i needed to go over there to calm him down, and he was trippin hardcore by the time i got there....i seriously dont think u should do shrooms alone for ure first time and especially a whole 8th, and especially since its ure first psychadelic...i did SOOOOOOOO much reading before my first time....and it was still COMPLETLY diferent than what i thought it would be, if ure so curious about shrooms i suggest eating about half an 8th or a lil more, and be with at least one person (sober or not), because if you're alone...your mind can fuck with u like u never thought possible

Edited by InFecTeD-FuRY (10/30/02 07:11 PM)

Offlinevanonthebeach
Stranger

Re: One 8th too much for a first timer? [Re: kaz]
    #20252691 - 07/10/14 11:38 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

it depends on if your parents are cool with it or not. id say if you can handle alot of weed you probably will be fine with shrooms

InvisibleThe Doobie Dude

Re: One 8th too much for a first timer? [Re: vanonthebeach]
    #20252748 - 07/10/14 11:47 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

It's funny to think OP is now 29.  Thanks for that bump.

--------------------

"There are a million reasons to drink and one just popped into my head.  If a man can't drink when he's living how the Hell can he drink when he's dead?" - Irish Limerick
I PLURed once because it was PLUR or die. - D.M.T.

OfflineShortknight
Male

Re: One 8th too much for a first timer? [Re: The Doobie Dude]
    #20254188 - 07/10/14 05:09 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I enjoyed the concept haha:peace:

Shorty:yinyang:

--------------------
Did I say it too loud? Big heart? Or a little misleading!:musicnote:

OfflineSixStripsDeep
Groove Master

Loc: Groove Town, USA
Re: One 8th too much for a first timer? [Re: Shortknight]
    #20254375 - 07/10/14 05:56 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

first time was a quarter that was a little heavy for me but I was 14, id say youll be fine with an eighth my man don't take it too light or over think it either just do the three and a half, don't just do 1 it will probably not get you fully in the zone just dipping your toes in the pool instead of diving in don't worry youll be fine psilocybin is a very safe compound physically at least. mentally too if you aren't a weak minded individual. it definitely has the potential to fuck you in the ass tho I wont say it doesant hahaha have fun bro.:loldongs:

OfflineSixStripsDeep
Groove Master

Loc: Groove Town, USA
Re: One 8th too much for a first timer? [Re: SixStripsDeep]
    #20254389 - 07/10/14 05:59 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

hahaha, I got sucked into that, this was 11 years ago haha wow. I just had a retard moment

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract