Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNeuroticTrip
PrefrontalCortex

Re: Flexibility of Rye [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #10002257 - 03/19/09 03:59 PM (15 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
It works with every species I've ever used it on, and I have several hundred species in culture slants.  Here's my rye tek.
RR

Words from the legend himself! Thank you for the reply. RR, I'm curious about culture slants. Do you keep the dishes (presumably grown in agar? Maybe seeded from grain spawn?) in the fridge for a library? How long do they last? Do you have a tek on *that* as well?

Another question I have... I'm sure you're familiar with Paul Stamets' oyster burlap bag tek he put in his Mycelium Running book: Are other species of mushroom as effective at eating through burlap to fruit outdoors?

Edited by NeuroticTrip (03/19/09 04:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible200proofhonky
bluethumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Timbucktoo
Re: Flexibility of Rye [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #10002321 - 03/19/09 04:09 PM (15 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Rye berries are the spawn medium of choice for commercial and hobby mushroom growers alike.  After experimenting with every possible grain, I've come back to organic rye berries as the best of the best.  It works with every species I've ever used it on, and I have several hundred species in culture slants.  Here's my rye tek.
RR

well,theres your answer neurotic!:thumbup:

i think i lost track of the posters original question in the hailstorm of answers coming from random users.

sorry! i was so busy trying to answer your subsequent questions that i forgot your original one!

yes,for a flexible grain,rye berries win! and RR wins once again!:mad2: LOL J/K!

--------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They try to take away everything God gave us,yet...
our money still says "In God We Trust".
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You take a mortal man and put him in control,
Watch him become a God,watch peoples heads a'roll.
If you kill a man then your a murderer,kill many an your a conqueror, kill them all and your a God.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag