Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleartizen
JEFFERSONIAN
Male

Loc: HOME SWEET HOME
LC grain tek question.
    #9996133 - 03/18/09 04:07 PM (15 years, 14 days ago)

i'm thinking of trying this tek soon, but i can't seem to find how long to wait before you use the 'myco-water' to inoculate new grain jars. right away? that would be awsome.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6817701#Post6817701

--------------------
Formula: 0:levitate: Formula: 1                                                                                                     
HCA               AMU
IN  LOVING  MEMORY

1.6.1917  -  4.3.2010

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBlazer
Stranger

Re: LC grain tek question. [Re: artizen]
    #9996162 - 03/18/09 04:14 PM (15 years, 14 days ago)

im pretty high dude so i dont really follow your question.

the dudes making a simple liquid culture.
inoculate the LC and let it colonize then use the lc.

Offlinedead
grateful
Male User Gallery

Loc: North pole
Re: LC grain tek question. [Re: Blazer]
    #9996183 - 03/18/09 04:18 PM (15 years, 14 days ago)

Yes, you can use the myc-water instantly. It's not like an LC that needs to colonize, it's mycelium mixed with water, so the mycelium (obviously) is already there.

--------------------
"The third eye. You spend years doing everything you can to open it and then the damn thing opens and your friends laugh at you when you tell them you can see their souls behind their eyes burning like rainbows."

Links:
:regularshroom:Nibin's Guide for Noobs
:regularshroom:some easy teks on bulk & grain prep. (my journal)

Invisibleartizen
JEFFERSONIAN
Male

Re: LC grain tek question. [Re: dead]
    #9996479 - 03/18/09 05:09 PM (15 years, 14 days ago)

that's what i thought . so i guess you would store unused portion in the fridge? although further colinization would be an advantage.

--------------------
HCA               AMU
IN  LOVING  MEMORY

1.6.1917  -  4.3.2010

Offlinedead
grateful
Male User Gallery

Loc: North pole
Re: LC grain tek question. [Re: artizen]
    #9996563 - 03/18/09 05:26 PM (15 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

artizen said:
that's what i thought . so i guess you would store unused portion in the fridge? although further colinization would be an advantage.

What "further colonization"? There's nothing but myc and water there. Nothing for the myc to colonize further...

But, sure, you can store it in the fridge. As long as it's sealed airtight.

--------------------
"The third eye. You spend years doing everything you can to open it and then the damn thing opens and your friends laugh at you when you tell them you can see their souls behind their eyes burning like rainbows."

Links:
:regularshroom:Nibin's Guide for Noobs
:regularshroom:some easy teks on bulk & grain prep. (my journal)

Invisibleshroomzey
Humble Student
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9996631 - 03/18/09 05:41 PM (15 years, 14 days ago)

Yeah, you can use it right away, store, or dilute it down to make more.  Put some in a vacutainer for long term storage in a fridge.  It's a lot easier to yank some juice out of a vacutainer, knock up a jar, then use that jar to make some more grain LC.  Easier than having to cut out of a piece from a master culture slant, to agar, to grain.

I really don't understand why anyone even uses any of the other "LCs" grain LC is fast, clean, easy, stores better... :shrug:

Just cause so many people started to use it, people see and read about it and continue to convince more people to use it... from what I see, the fad needs to fade out.  And from what I've seen of other boards... shroomery seems to be slightly ahead of the curve with the correct ideas... which means everyone else is still thinking sugar LCS are hot shit.

--------------------

200 years from now, we will look back and laugh at ourselves for how stupid we were.
My Glovebox
Find a respected member of the community and study them.  I give thanks to: RogerRabbit, agar, hyphae, Nibin, fahtster, The shroomy 1, monstermitch, FooMan, HippieChick, Blue Helix, eatyualive, mycofile, and many, many more.
Never accept mediocrity, always return the love that is given to you.

Edited by shroomzey (03/18/09 05:43 PM)

Invisibleartizen
JEFFERSONIAN
Male

#9997333 - 03/18/09 07:52 PM (15 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

dead said:
Quote:

artizen said:

What "further colonization"? There's nothing but myc and water there. Nothing for the myc to colonize further...

But, sure, you can store it in the fridge. As long as it's sealed airtight.

oh yeah, duh, good point.

thanx for the guidance guys. i'm gonna try it out this weekend.

--------------------
HCA               AMU
IN  LOVING  MEMORY

1.6.1917  -  4.3.2010

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates