Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
bunch of questions
    #9981086 - 03/16/09 10:45 AM (15 years, 16 days ago)

Well now things have snowballed quick and I now have 16 casings growing and had a few questions just for peace of mind.

NOWHERE  could I find coco coir(petco, petsmart or a slew of hydroponic shops) so i searched and found you can use coco husk so i bough eco-earth brand.  I opened the tinfoil at day 7 and would say its 90% colonized but not a flat layer like i see most people have.  Mine has craters here and there is that fine?

Also,  I'm using 3 greenhouses but decided that mycology is a hobby i want to expand upon so what do i do? I'm trying to build a room in my basement as my lab.  So far I wrapped the walls with tarp(dirty unfinished basement) and bombed it with bleach.  For now i'll keep using my greenhouses inside but for a room 30ft by 6 ft.  its like a long narrow hall how many humidifiers would I need to be running? right now i have 3 vicks v400's and they work for the GH's so will this work? will i have problems with fresh air in this big of a room in a basement?

Edited by PreparationH (03/16/09 08:41 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemister
Nature nut
 User Gallery

Re: bunch of questions [Re: PreparationH]
    #9981342 - 03/16/09 11:43 AM (15 years, 16 days ago)

Can the green houses. Make up a bunch of monotubs and go to fungi farming. You can stack monos on one another. Plus they are a more of a set-and-forget way to grow. Check out Large_Dose's coir Tek and The Ohmatic monotub

--------------------

:mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:AMU Q & A thread:mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:

Invisibleshroomzey
Humble Student
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: bunch of questions [Re: mister]
    #9981609 - 03/16/09 12:54 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

For a thread showing the progress of a room that I've outfitted from scratch check this:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/9152549/fpart/1/vc/1

For sheer space efficiency I would definitely say greenhouses will out-perform mono's.  But for ease mono's will definitely take the cake.  It all depends on the goals you're looking for.

I've spent a good deal of time setting my room up, and have learned a lot as to the design considerations you'll need to take into consideration for a large room.  You can PM me any specific questions and I'll be happy to answer them.  As I don't feel like writing a essay right now outlining all that I've learned.  =)

--------------------

200 years from now, we will look back and laugh at ourselves for how stupid we were.
My Glovebox
Find a respected member of the community and study them.  I give thanks to: RogerRabbit, agar, hyphae, Nibin, fahtster, The shroomy 1, monstermitch, FooMan, HippieChick, Blue Helix, eatyualive, mycofile, and many, many more.
Never accept mediocrity, always return the love that is given to you.

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Re: bunch of questions [Re: shroomzey]
    #9982178 - 03/16/09 02:29 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

hey thanks for the responses.  Shroomzey, I wanted to make the whole entire room a greenhouse, from the looks of your video it seems like you just have greenhouses inside your grow room.  Also, my friend mentioned a hepa filter but i've seen mixed reviews, whats everyones take on them?

Invisibleshroomzey
Humble Student
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9983378 - 03/16/09 04:58 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5674488#5674488

This thread was one of the more information threads that I've learned from.  More specifically the post from hyphae.

My suggestion would be to keep your fruiting chamber, and your sterile work station completely separate.

I couldn't afford to since I'm working in such a small space, and I have to store all of my supplies and gear in this room.  If you're going to have one large fruiting chamber, pay attention to that above link and what hyphae(or possibly he is quoting another member mycofile) what the benefits of a mixing box will do.  There is also another thread posted relatively recently of a good example of a sectioned off basement.  I'll come back and edit in the link.

And do your best to research commercial growing methods.  For the home cultivator shotgun terraniums, monotubs, and greenhouses will do.  But once you want to use a whole room for fruiting you have to take a lot of things into consideration.

--------------------

200 years from now, we will look back and laugh at ourselves for how stupid we were.
My Glovebox
Find a respected member of the community and study them.  I give thanks to: RogerRabbit, agar, hyphae, Nibin, fahtster, The shroomy 1, monstermitch, FooMan, HippieChick, Blue Helix, eatyualive, mycofile, and many, many more.

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Re: bunch of questions [Re: shroomzey]
    #9984868 - 03/16/09 08:35 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

so is a hepa a good idea?

Offlinekoopa
entheogenologist
 User Gallery

#9984946 - 03/16/09 08:45 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

a HEPA filter is ALWAYS a good idea

Invisibleshroomzey
Humble Student
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9984954 - 03/16/09 08:46 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

pay attention to that above link and what hyphae(or possibly he is quoting another member mycofile) what the benefits of a mixing box will do.

A mixing box can utilize a HEPA filter, like I said check that link out and study his post.

--------------------

My Glovebox

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom