Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleseek
Pain never felt so wonderful.
Male

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Syrian Rue + Melatonin are apparently 'psychedelic' but... hmmm.
    #9972738 - 03/14/09 08:04 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Forgive my ignorance, but it seems that there is only one substantial report of Syrian Rue + Melatonin out there. This one: http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=14505

No other trip report matches the intensity of the one I just linked. The above tripper makes it sound like a delightful experience with only 3g of Rue and half a milligram of melatonin.  I saw another report here where the person used 6 times the amount of melatonin with 150mg of moclobemide and was a bit disappointed: http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=46801

There is also a trip report here on our very own site:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4969881

Demitron takes 60x the amount of melatonin with the same amount of rue and calls it 'mild'. He does claim to have taken 21mg the night before (or recently), but without MAOI, so could that be why it was so mild for him? He admits it's psychoactive, but only a mild buzz.

What the hell am I supposed to believe here? Would taking a harmaline extract via dropper be more efficient? Did the second 2 trippers do something wrong, perhaps?

Because what the 1st tripper did was this:
Quote:

I popped a few melatonin pills, and took three grams of Peganum harmala. I ground the harmala seeds in a coffee grinder. I then boiled the seeds with part water and Emergen-C (vitamin C extract) for 2 hours. I filtered and boiled till I had a yellow-brownish liquid. I poured the solution in a cup and added a lemon to make it go down. It tasted rather pleasant.

Could this be the secret to his "massive bodywave" trip with visions? Or could he just be a lightweight? I would PM Demitron but he hasn't been here in years. I have no idea how Demitron took the goddamn rue. Grr.

I originally had a Rue + Chacruna in mind, but people are saying the quality varies greatly for Chacruna leaves, so I might wait for another time to do that (to either buy a higher quantity of leaves, or skip all that and go straight for MHRB -- but I don't know if I want the nausea that comes with MHRB even though it has more DMT in it).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesandman_130
Neo-Classical Spiritualist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Syrian Rue + Melatonin are apparently 'psychedelic' but... hmmm. [Re: seek]
    #9972802 - 03/14/09 08:14 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

never use melatonin or 5-htp in combination with mind altering substances.

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand.":mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

:sunny::mushroom2:Maria Sabina:mushroom2::sunny:

Invisibleseek
Male

Re: Syrian Rue + Melatonin are apparently 'psychedelic' but... hmmm. [Re: sandman_130]
    #9972965 - 03/14/09 08:39 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

sandman_130 said:
never use melatonin or 5-htp in combination with mind altering substances.

I see no warnings against this combination, what are you basing your advice on.

Offlinesandman_130
Male User Gallery

#9976943 - 03/15/09 03:48 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry I dont have a link...or any hard facts.

Im sure someone can correct me if i'm wrong.

But I read somewhere that taking 5-htp or melatonin in combination with drugs that use them end up damaging the receptors to some degree.

Sorry thats not much to go on, maybe someone else knows what i'm talking about.:shrug:

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand.":mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

Offlinesandman_130
Male User Gallery

Re: Syrian Rue + Melatonin are apparently 'psychedelic' but... hmmm. [Re: sandman_130]
    #9977012 - 03/15/09 04:01 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

no shrooms to mix with the rue?:mushroom2:

or just feeling like a pioneer?

--------------------

Invisibleseek
Male

#9977911 - 03/15/09 06:54 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

sandman_130 said:
no shrooms to mix with the rue?:mushroom2:

or just feeling like a pioneer?

Both. I originally planned to do Rue + [insert DMT containing plant], but then as I read more on Rue, I found that it can produce effects all on it's own, and that melatonin + rue are strangely enough, psychedelic. I read that first trip report and felt quite excited, but I couldn't find much else. Just the moclobemide + melatonin and the rue + melatonin here on the site.

You know, I was honestly just researching various things that you could trip off of and decided that this particular combination looked interesting. How many times have you wanted to do one drug/combination and ended up stumbling on a completely different combination that you had no idea about? Happens a lot with me. I mean, I just found out about Sinicuichi for the first time a few days ago. There are so many psychoactive substances out there.

When I have shrooms, I'll definitely use Rue with them every once in a while.

But if I do try melatonin + rue, I'll follow exactly what the first guy did to see if I can duplicate his results. I remember reading something about melatonin not being that much more effective with super high doses, which is probably why the first guy had a trip that was paradoxically stronger than the other two. One trip won't hurt, right? :awesome:

Offlinesandman_130
Male User Gallery

#9984270 - 03/16/09 07:08 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I would just order some aya plants and make a nice brew, it will be much more worth your time. Especially if you have no mushrooms around.

I tripped on Rue the first time I had some. I wanted to see what the effects were like before mixing with mushrooms.

Let me just say that using mushrooms with rue is 100x better than rue alone.

The rue by itself did bring on slight effects, but I felt sick for most of the night. It definitely wasn't worth it.
(It should also be said that I probably didn't take a huge dosage of the rue)

I can't really see melatonin+rue really doing anything more than the rue would by itself. Some reports on Erowid can be pretty sketchy, especially if theirs only one of this combination.

Like I said earlier, I'm not sure where I read it, but it just said when using drugs that use serotonin, you should never take serotonin pills (the melatonin will turn into serotonin) before or during the experience. Mainly because when these receptors are being drained, and then artificially juiced back up at the same time they will have a harder time doing their natural refilling process.

I'm sure somebody around here knows about this, surprised their hasn't been any replies yet. :shrug:

But if your really interested I don't see any harm in one trip, depending on how much melatonin is recommended. If I were you though, I would just wait until you have something better to experiment with.:mushroom2:

Either way, good luck and good vibes for your next one!:sunny:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder