Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleseek
Pain never felt so wonderful.
Male

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Meditation / Astral Projection / OoBEs / Natural CEVs ... any advice on drug-free 'tripping"?
    #9958748 - 03/12/09 02:41 PM (15 years, 20 days ago)

Speaking as a person who has had intense psychedelic experiences, realistic and highly vivid dreams, and a bit of persisting visuals (if I try hard enough, I can make my monitor shift downward), I am interested in techniques that will allow me to relive even a fraction of what I experienced on my trips -- but without any drugs. I've been told that once you trip a few times, all of these activities will become so much easier for you, since you have a frame of reference, unlike someone who's never tripped before.

I've been told that now that I've "unlocked" my third eye, doing it again while sober (provided I'm in the right set & setting) will be drastically easier.

However, who here can recommend me techniques that they have personally verified to be effective? I would really like to start on the correct path because there is a lot of fluff out there, I'd rather start with what is known to work to save me time and frustration.

Also, any idea of how long before I begin to see more-than-subtle results from regular practicing? In a week of this, will I go from faint polygons and swirling dots to more complex and prominent imagery? The concept of a street when you think of one while sober can be faint. So faint that you don't actually see it, but you are remembering the abstract symbols of what a street is. It's in your mind's eye more than it is in front of your two eyes. The image of a street while intoxicated on drugs that cause CEVs can be vivid enough to seem as if you are viewing a painting or a movie projected onto your eyelids. I don't know if CEVs of that level are possible without the aid of drugs. If they are, I wonder how long it will take to achieve them.

Edit:
I'm open to more herbal techniques, but I don't want to cheat at doing this. I want to accomplish this completely sober. So maybe something that can aid me by helping me to relax (but doesn't explicitly cause CEVs to happen) would be accepted, but I really don't want to use anything strong. I want to actually become good at meditating.

I will do this every single night in pitch black darkness. If you also have advice on meditation music, aromatherapy, breathing techniques, that kind of stuff, please recommend as well. Should I wear a blindfold or will that distract me?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLethal Dose
Neuro
Male

Loc: Santa Cruz, CA
Re: Meditation / Astral Projection / OoBEs / Natural CEVs ... any advice on drug-free 'tripping"? [Re: seek]
    #9958765 - 03/12/09 02:44 PM (15 years, 20 days ago)

:foreheadslap:

--------------------
On the scale of wibble to wobble...

Invisibleseek
Male

Re: Meditation / Astral Projection / OoBEs / Natural CEVs ... any advice on drug-free 'tripping"? [Re: Lethal Dose]
    #9958772 - 03/12/09 02:45 PM (15 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Lethal Dose said:
:foreheadslap:

:facepalm:

Invisibleseek
Male

Re: Meditation / Astral Projection / OoBEs / Natural CEVs ... any advice on drug-free 'tripping"? [Re: seek]
    #9958927 - 03/12/09 03:16 PM (15 years, 20 days ago)

Goddamnit, now I'm on my own. Again.

OfflineDroc
Stranger
Male

#9959212 - 03/12/09 04:15 PM (15 years, 20 days ago)

You can meditate but getting intense trips from it no... but you can get a feeling of well being, discover your self, and such but nothing like LSD, or mushies will ever give you. There all kind meditation guides with relaxing music that will help you with this but it takes time and patience to get into a great mediative state of mind. I tried it before and it helped with stress greatly, but never got what some people say they gotten from it.

Jump to top Pages: 1