Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSkifer
Stranger
I think im going into psychosis im not sure =S
    #9951913 - 03/11/09 02:00 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

SORRY FOR WALL OF TEXT

I'm experiencing a weird point in my life where I think everything is a dream I know its real and i keep telling myself it is and I'm not too worried about it. But i talked to one of my close friends about it and he has done E's, marijuana and drinks alot and smokes on the odd occasion.

I told him about how I was feeling and he said "Yeah I feel like that all the time you feel like your gonna faint at any minute and something doesn't feel right" he then went on to say that "You feel that way but nothing really happens I kept doing drugs while this was happening and nothing has really changed I just feel the same but it is still weird"

I think all of this came on from the weekend where I pulled two whiteys on marijuana twice on a weekend and i tripped out loads i thought people were 2d and everything around them was blurred, facial features stuck out more and i couldn't stare at one place more than 2 seconds without going into deep thought i also kept on blacking out for 2 seconds and coming back to reality thinking wtf! and this scared me and I thought I was going insane but really i was just tripping balls.

So the at the end of the weekend. I woke up and I felt fine and had the nice aftermath of smoking weed heavy the day before all chilled out and stuff. Later on after my classes I went over my friends and we just made tacos and chilled out on the console for a bit because we were bored as hell. I went upstairs to get a bean bag from my friends room when it hit me I felt slightly scared of going into his room and slowly edged my way inside got the bean bag and quickly strolled down the corridor and down the stairs i went into the main room and I had a slight trippy effect similar to the one I had to the one on the weekend just not as strong.

I had feelings like this before in my early childhood and I contracted a virus in my childhood too that made me dizzy and tired and thinking lack of reality but not as strong as it is now so I wasn't too scared I just went with the flow. later on it got worse and I needed to lay down because I thought I was gonna faint so I put my legs up in the air to induce more blood flow to my head but I still felt the same I then got more and more tired as I was walking home then went straight to bed as soon as I went in the next day I woke up to the same effect but not as strong and as the day went on the effect intensified and then I woke up the next day  and the same happened I didn't feal as bad but then it got worse i then went outside to the town centre and my friend found some greeb that does weed and he was like do you want some and i was like hmmm I don't know what will happen if I do though? will I get worse? I remember that weed had some kind of anti-psychotic in so I took some and I  felt normal again he said this kind of stuff was Jamaican weed and it lasted for like 2 hours then I went to bed

I woke up the next morning feeling slightly more normal than usual and carried on through the day a bit fatigued because I went bed late and carried on through the day and got more and more tired and here I am.

I am not sure what has caused this but it mainly happens when I'm inside because I used to be a real big computer geek but then my life turned around suddenly and i started to go out more in search of girls and better sources of fun and it lead to me becoming a slight pot head I didn't really take it much just on the weekends but when the holidays started I was on the stuff like every 2 days heavily and it didn't really effect me much in terms of mental illness until the weekend where I had too much.

What do you think it is? the pot or the sudden change in environment and lifestyle i was also stressed out that I couldn't get a decent girl that I could be with and coursework needing to be done.

What do you guys think?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: I think im going into psychosis im not sure =S [Re: Skifer]
    #9952052 - 03/11/09 02:32 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Well none of that really sounded like psychosis to me. Pot definitely, at least to my knowledge, does not have any kind of anti-psychotic effects. I don't know where you got that from, if anything it's the opposite.

Based on what you have said, which in regards to psychosis amounts, to me, to just a story of events with a title saying 'I feel different,' I'd say you're just not used to smoking and/or... doing w/e you're doing differently in life. If you're very worried I'd definitely cut out the weed and get a fresh take.

How's your sleep, diet, mood, relationships w/friends and family, etc.?

OfflineSkifer
Stranger
Re: I think im going into psychosis im not sure =S [Re: krypto2000]
    #9952146 - 03/11/09 02:47 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Well none of that really sounded like psychosis to me. Pot definitely, at least to my knowledge, does not have any kind of anti-psychotic effects. I don't know where you got that from, if anything it's the opposite.

Well I read that CBD (Cannabidiol) if I'm right is a very good anti-psychotic they use it in marinol but its mainly that THC that makes you psychotic by leaking dopamine in parts of the brain but the CBD prevents most of it. But lets not have a debate on it.

Based on what you have said, which in regards to psychosis amounts, to me, to just a story of events with a title saying 'I feel different,' I'd say you're just not used to smoking and/or... doing w/e you're doing differently in life. If you're very worried I'd definitely cut out the weed and get a fresh take.

Well i have been smoking the stuff for about a year now and really its done nothing to harm me except recently if that really is to cause.

How's your sleep, diet, mood, relationships w/friends and family, etc.?

My sleep has been ok but I suffer from mild tinnitus i don't really notice it effecting my sleep but it may effect my sub-consiucous when trying to goto sleep, My diet is fairly balanced but is getting slightly worse I will have to sort that out. my relationships are going a bit werid at the moment I find it hard to talk to people and I find when I'm stoned or drunk people like me alot more weirdly enough i have confidence in myself but when I'm under the influence of something it tends to bring it out in a effective way I can pull girls much easier when drunk or stoned but not when sober which is weird
My relationship with family is fine I have a loving mum and dad etc.. and on another note my fitness has suffered a bit because i have recently taken a break from boxing which I use to keep fit mainly and learning to self defend myself.

I still feal like I'm in a dream either way maybe its just a phase im going through I'm not sure about.

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#9952410 - 03/11/09 03:27 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Well, I know that 'dream' like feeling you're talking about, though 'dream' can be an ambiguous word, so perhaps it means something else to me than you.

If you honestly think you're going through some kind of psychosis though I'd lay off the drugs. I had a bought of psychosis recently, or at least some sort of issue such as that, and no drugs helped. Or.. by helped, I mean they all made it worse. Even alcohol worsened the effects, of anything I'd have thought it just would have dulled it down.

For me weed seemed to help in the short term, but when I came down it was always noticeably worse. I was a daily toker so it was hard for me to give it up, but the insanity eventually caught up w/me, and well... definitely replaced the weed highs to say the least lol. Mine was triggered by an LSD/Mescaline combo though, but weed definitely potentiated it. Just because it's been fine for a year doesn't mean anything. I'm not saying it's causing it, but it can certainly exacerbate things. I'd suggest you quit for a week or 2 and see if you notice any improvement.

If you're really worried about it, or still having issues, go talk to a doctor. Also, don't just go with what they say. When it comes to mental diseases, especially things such as psychosis that they don't understand much about, doctors don't always know the answer, but they will most certainly prescribe you something an allude you to believe they do. That's not in any way to say they can't help though, just remember a doctor is just another human being though, and we all can, and often are, wrong.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#9952995 - 03/11/09 05:06 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds like depersonalization/derealization to me.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflineSkifer
Stranger
Re: I think im going into psychosis im not sure =S [Re: deCypher]
    #9957859 - 03/12/09 11:47 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depersonalization

Yeah that's pretty much what it is decypher. But I do feel pretty normal today, it must I just been the comedown off smoking some really strong weed in high amounts for two days. But I'll certainly start cutting down on the stuff but I enjoy it to much to stop really =] Thanks for the support while I was going through this.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#9957865 - 03/12/09 11:48 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Weed definitely will exacerbate any DP/DR you're experiencing; I'd highly recommend laying off all drugs if you're really concerned about it.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflineSkifer
Stranger
Re: I think im going into psychosis im not sure =S [Re: deCypher]
    #9957971 - 03/12/09 12:14 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Now thinking about this I now realize I have been having this problem since I was a kid about 12 to now it just had its off and on moments. When I was in my 6th year of education I had what the doctors called a virus and I was dizzy and I felt like the world I was looking through was a glass window etc.. As I grew up the symptoms vanished and started coming back to me then i started doing marijuana and i noticed that it actually help get rid of the symptoms.

But it when I decided to have too much of the stuff I experienced extreme depersonalisations and de realizations along with the effects of marijuana this must of triggered my symptoms of what I had when I was a kid to come back again for a couple of days and now I've noticed the symptoms are slowly going away over the course of this week.

From now on I will take my time with the drug and hopefully it will all pass over.

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

Loc: Knowhere
    #9958496 - 03/12/09 01:49 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

You probably don't have any real problem at all. Memories can be influenced by the mental/somatic state you're in at the time that your remember them. For example, when someone is feeling happy, they can more easily remember happy memories. When someone is sad, they can more easily remember sad memories. The state you're in now acts like a filter and can greatly distort how you perceive your past. Memories are slippery lil buggers, don't put too much faith in them.

Projecting a current "problem" backwards with no real proof (and yes you might be inclined to look for proof, but as is often the case, like RAW said "What the thinker thinks, the prover proves") can act to exacerbate your experience of the problem now in the present time. Don't get sucked into indulging in what you thought was a problem, unless you want to have a real problem in your future..

"You're going the wrong way, turn back!" Forget about what you think was your past problems and focus on better feelings you want on your future and step into it as if it is real and it will be naturally with a little persistence. The healthiest thing you can do is to shrug off any uncomfortable feelings as just a phase, and get on with things. Rather than focusing on how you have been feeling, focus on whether you're feeling good, yet.. Change that internal dialogue.. "How much better am I feeling today?" "Am I feeling good enough yet?" "Am I thinking even clearer yet?" "I wonder how good I can make myself feel?" "I wonder how I will make myself feel good today?" etc etc

You mentioned that there were periods in your life where you didn't feel the way you had described in your post. So another thing, if you find yourself wanting to indulge in the past, remember the good times when you have laughed and had really good feelings (they might be a little hazy at first but you can remember them can't you?), look for the really fun experiences in your life, when life was seeming clear, the sun was shining, blue skies, running and playing, indulging in that now will effect you're currently experiencing.. give it a go.

Often people create problems for themselves where there needn't be any. And it can feel satisfying in a strange way to indulge in the negatives, especially when life might not be going as well as we would like, but it's not healthy when the negatives is all that was being played in the cinema of your mind. Boring. Next movie please..

The biggest problem with many problems is that they are seen as problems rather than something else, which they often are...

All the best mate and I hope this phase in your life is as short as you want it to be. :peace:

--------------------

Offlinejacobcaring
Stranger
    #12066418 - 02/20/10 04:27 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

hey friend,

I think i know just what you might be going threw because i believe i am too. Actually are storys are not far off each other at all.

I grew up a spoiled kid and such turned into a biggggggggg video game nerd. then one day in highschool i got out in the world began skiping class and chasing girls you the whole got a life thing. When i was a young kid tho i would get his huge headaches and black outs when i stayed in for period on a time like you said. i would get dizzy and fall down and wake up on the ground or something sometimes seconds to a few mins later. but anyway this felt kinda werid and just minor.

but when i first started smoking pot i would get high kinda of like you discribed and just bethere sitting and my mind goes on a trip balls with thoughts that just seemed to overwelme me. but now that im blazing everyday it mellow more. like you said though most days i feel like i dont even fell you know? like my mind is intact but i seem to only be inside my mind like that dreamy feeling your talking about. and usally when im in this state im like ocward to talk to in social seens almost and this is werid since i didnt seem like this before, or even walking and moving my phsyical body seems to get ocward ( let me know if u experinced this).

Anther thing too, i have hard drugs too. ive done extasy alot of times and coke and acid. coke not so much tho. but i have had a really bad acid trip (took a few hits in wonderland theme park for my second time). and i triped i saw the ground doing a wave the rain was like spreading when it hit the ground just crazy and yes i thought i would wake up insane i just couldnt get it out of my head. after that happend i found my self being able to star at something for a few short seconds and it will liturly wave and have motion, its fucked.

like, now im trying to cut back on blazing and working out more but i still have that dreamy feeling and it sucks i hate it, i feel so unconnected with the world like im disattached in a way.

I dont know but if quiting pot helps alot let me know how it goes and if it was worth it.

Offlineaghorrorag
NonExistent
Male User Gallery

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: I think im going into psychosis im not sure =S [Re: jacobcaring]
    #12066586 - 02/20/10 04:53 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Try laying off of substances for 3 months and exercising.

--------------------
My entire Life is defined by this link. I beg of you to read: https://www.facebook.com/notes/tsafir-kamel/a-compassionate-message-for-jews-and-christians/10150614597334779

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
    #12068738 - 02/20/10 11:26 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I started to develop some odd beliefs a few years ago.  It was a sign to me that I needed to lay off the shrooms and weed for a while.

Weed is pretty harmless in my opinion, but it's still a psychoactive drug and when you're having delusions it's probably best to not use it for a while.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #12069123 - 02/21/10 01:15 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Naw, you're not going psychotic. You're probably doing too many drugs. Cut back and give your body a rest.

Offlinelines
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: I think im going into psychosis im not sure =S [Re: Le_Canard]
    #12070777 - 02/21/10 12:32 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Stop doing drugs and do not use the computer or video games excessively. Computers and video games can cause feelings of unreality if used excessively and drugs can contribut to it.

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
Re: I think im going into psychosis im not sure =S [Re: lines]
    #12070974 - 02/21/10 01:18 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

lines said:
Stop doing drugs and do not use the computer or video games excessively. Computers and video games can cause feelings of unreality if used excessively and drugs can contribut to it.

I don't think it's so much these activities themselves but more likely the fact that they lend to a lifestyle devoid of much normal human contact and interaction.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

InvisiblelIXII
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Ol cane hills
Re: I think im going into psychosis im not sure =S [Re: PowerTrip]
    #12071234 - 02/21/10 02:10 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

It seems likely that all of the above responses concerning DR/DP are hitting it on the head, & a major cause of this relating to drugs/stress/maturation is changing the balance of hormones/androgens in the body.

Not to cause worry, but since you mentioned a virus in your past- drugs/stress can induce the reactivation of viruses like mono, which can also cause these symptoms.

InvisibleHeartAndMind
Male User Gallery

Re: I think I'm going into psychosis I'm not sure =S [Re: lines]
    #12076927 - 02/22/10 12:33 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

PowerTrip said:
I started to develop some odd beliefs a few years ago.  It was a sign to me that I needed to lay off the shrooms and weed for a while.

Weed is pretty harmless in my opinion, but it's still a psychoactive drug and when you're having delusions it's probably best to not use it for a while.

God, I was/ am going thru that. Smoked too much weed when maybe serious questions appeared in my life, just got depressed from them and weed made me into look 'other direction'. I started believing into weird shit, had to lay off of it.
Found out that ego was very big player there.

Quote:

lines said:

I second that 100%. Everything must be taken in moderation(not abused).
I was most of the time feeling unreal when playing like 5 - 8 hours  per day mmos.

-

Meditation and some spiritual books are good help too. Like Ram Dass and Eckhart Tolle.

I've also had feelings that I had in early childhood when on weed or just like I was that child back in time.

I think it's mind playing games. Should not be serious.

I definitely recommend meditation, you can get to very unconsciousness with it, which have many answers buried.

Lay off the drugs start doing something - work out, play instrument. Whatever physical.

:peace:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale