Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineVisigoth
enthusiast

Need big help w. a shelf like grow system!!!!
    #993911 - 10/25/02 11:28 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

A couple weeks ago, my friend built himself a new terrarium. It consists of a Martha Stewart stationary closet w. vinyl covering that unzips, and a shelf system inside. For the humidity, he has a coolmist pumping into some hosing, which goes into the top of the terrarium, splits via a t-bar, and consists of one long tube going across the top w. holes in it where the humidity comes out. Temps are right, humidity is high, but he has had 2 casings in there and now they're flushing and it is pathetic compared to the past results w. the old one. There are not many shroomies popping up at all, and many small pins that look like they might abort. something is wrong and he thinks its improper air exchange. The coolmist worked for the old terrarium, a rubbermaid container, but it's obviously not enough for this big monster. He thinks he might could take a rubbermaid container, cut a hole in it, cover the hole w. a filter, stick a big fan in there, seal the box and run some hosing from the rubbermaid into the terrarium. That way the fan will pull clean air in and pump it into the terrarium, it could be on a timer maybe. Anyways, he just wanted to know if it was pretty much for sure the air exchange that is causing this problem and if this would be a good fix. Thank u guys so much!!!!!

Vis

--------------------
"15 minutes in freezing conditions?!?! You'd become a popsicle before you made that!!!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: Need big help w. a shelf like grow system!!!! [Re: Visigoth]
    #993979 - 10/25/02 11:59 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

You may want to talk to a mod and see if this maybe better suited in advanced cultivation. As for the air exchange, you could always just spray the area outside the plasitc closet with lysol, open the thing up, and fan it. Sure you would loose humidity, but if you had a coolmist, I would imagine that it wouldn't be too hard to get the humidity back up. Good Luck.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #993997 - 10/26/02 12:04 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I don?t think too little air exchange is a problem.
As mycobags show us, P. cubensis can grow nicely under almost no air exchange.
The possibilities left are a too low humidity or simply the strain you are currently growing.

OfflineVisigoth
enthusiast

Re: Need big help w. a shelf like grow system!!!! [Re: Anno]
    #994028 - 10/26/02 12:17 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Well crap, this is getting confusing. But I trust your advice Anno. The gauge I have in there shows a readout of "hi" on humidity, and water droplets are forming along the underside of the tube where the holes are. Maybe the casing is just a bad one, although I have to say this is the worst and most disappointing first flush my friend has ever had. It almost seems to coincidental that it's the first flush inside the new terrarium. Guess we'll just wait it out and see, but if there are any more suggestions. Send em my way!!!! thanks!!

Vis

--------------------
"15 minutes in freezing conditions?!?! You'd become a popsicle before you made that!!!"

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #994038 - 10/26/02 12:21 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Is the casing at the top or at the bottom of the shelves?

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #994042 - 10/26/02 12:23 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Try to get in contact with SixTango, I know he has experience with these things (shelf type setups).

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Anonymous

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: Visigoth]
    #994053 - 10/26/02 12:27 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

OfflineVisigoth
enthusiast

Re: Need big help w. a shelf like grow system!!!! [Re: ]
    #994132 - 10/26/02 01:01 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

The casings are on the top shelf. The humidity gauge is on one of the lower shelves right now, but has been placed on all of the shelves and they all show high humidity. The weird thing is, there is a casing that is a month old on one of the lower shelves. He has been spraying it and it has been producing some nice shroomies for being so old and so worn out. Right next to the disappointing first flush is a casing from rye grain, that has pins all over the surface. They are sorta starting to look not healthy, but we'll wait it out and see. If these abort and screw up, then we'll know it's definitely something w. the terrarium settings.

Vis

--------------------

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
    #994170 - 10/26/02 01:31 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Whats the rh (in it) in a average over a 24 hour period?

Period.........................

I hate that word..................
aaaaaghhhhhhhhhhhhh....................

PMS..........................................

I think that means:

"Pass My Shotgun"

"Pissy Mood Syndrome"

6T  :tongue:

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

OfflineVisigoth
enthusiast

Re: Need big help w. a shelf like grow system!!!! [Re: SixTango]
    #994505 - 10/26/02 09:29 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Everytime he looks in there, the gauge reads HI. Is there any chance that the humidity, mist, etc. could be sticking to the inside of the PVC and not fully getting inside??? He could just take all the PVC down and have it all coming out the end of the hose inside??

Vis

--------------------

OfflineVisigoth
enthusiast

#994506 - 10/26/02 09:30 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

The coolmist is running 24-7 by the way

--------------------

Offlinedscokeman
What would youdo for aklondike Bar

Loc: Some place where the sun ...
    #994550 - 10/26/02 10:42 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

my humidityguage always says HI when it gets to above 95% so I normally just make sure that there is "Sweat" on the sides..

--------------------
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that won't work."- Thomas Edison

OfflineVisigoth
enthusiast

Re: Need big help w. a shelf like grow system!!!! [Re: dscokeman]
    #994701 - 10/26/02 12:44 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Well, my friend is just going to have to experiment w. different settings on the thing then. Noone seems to really know exactly for sure, unless it's just the casings. I know there's people on here who use the exact same Martha Stewart closet for a terrarium. I was really hoping some of them might speak up and tell me what has worked for them. So I guess it's just a matter of time and guessing games. He might just do away w. the pvc all together and run 2 hoses out the coolmist into the top of the terrarium, one on the left and one on the right. Thanks for all the suggestions!!!!

Vis

--------------------

InvisibleI_Stain_Blue
abominableshroomman

Loc: police state
    #1687805 - 07/05/03 10:24 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

do you happen to have an acurite hygrometer? beginning to think mine is the source of many problems...

--------------------
Be Here Now

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck