Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleAlien
Galactic Shaman
 User Gallery

Loc: Jupiter's Moon
Post deleted by Administrator
    #993212 - 10/25/02 05:56 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
-Alien :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: Alien]
    #993569 - 10/25/02 07:55 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
Re: Warning!! Forest Floor & Spirit Plants Websites [Re: ]
    #993749 - 10/25/02 09:56 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

hey this ain't the first time ole hippie has been proved right.
i was the first one to expose the fraud by ben dover/karl brooks at the old drooldonkey website.
i pay very close attention to these kinds of things,
and things have been rotten over there for a long time now.
glad to see others catching on.
watch your selves if you go there.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Anonymous

Re: Warning!! Forest Floor & Spirit Plants Websites [Re: Alien]
    #994248 - 10/26/02 02:25 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Post Deleted a la Obscurity

InvisibleVSOPXO
Cognacaholic

Re: Warning!! Forest Floor & Spirit Plants Website [Re: Hippie3]
    #994252 - 10/26/02 02:34 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

what happened at drool donkey?

OfflinemuleV
just a ass
Male User Gallery
Loc: Jamaica-- umm what day is...
    #994282 - 10/26/02 03:11 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Whoa, we are talking about chat not the forums. Yes you cant get in to the chat on a proxy, as it's be hosted by irc.webmaster.com, but your ip is masked. I might be wrong but I think Shroomery does the same. To my understanding wich may be lacking there is no IRC chat that dont scan for proxies, unless it is hosted by a smaller server, that host only one or two rooms.
The forums you can use proxies as allways,. As far as mjshroomer and hippy, the problem with them has no bearing on this and what was done was to keep peace in the forums and not for speaking up. Try reading all the threads and get the whole picture before you make your opion. As hippy was so quick to point out it stems from a long dead site, and old problems. When are people going to wake and stop calling the forest floor the drool donkey?
What I am most interested in is this stament "now my freind has had a few complaints from his isp about illegal activity online"
, Iv never have heard of such thing, please tell us more.
It saddens me that this goes on and on , if not here some where else. One little bug up some ones ass is all it takes, and poof the shit starts. The forest floor is here to stay as is the shroomery and mycotopia, all great sites each with its own couminty and opions. 90% of the friction can be traced to just a few and one, stemming from a DEAD site as I have stated. Now we have this lovly piece of tripe, the NARC card played agin. Think hard for a second ( I know that might be hard for you to do), what would any site gain in this?........ Nothing , it might suprise you that most people who admins these are not petty and are here for the couminty and the wealth of info that these sites offer.
Back to chat, my home ground, it dont matter if you use a proxy or not, logs are kept by many some dont even know it, ( check your settings on your cielnt), on the server your IP is tracked and with a smiple method your packets can be read. Suprise! welcome to the internet. There is no real security you can make it hard, but not imposible. If your friend has a problem maybe he should look frist at his ISP, before you start pointing fingers.

--------------------
Best Quotes;
Agar
One little needle prick with a loaded spore syringe.
And, the spores rule you forever.
:crazy2:

My reality check bounced, Whats your excuse?

Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

Re: Warning!! Forest Floor & Spirit Plants Websites [Re: mule]
    #994327 - 10/26/02 04:21 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

Edited by boxtop703 (10/26/02 04:57 AM)

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
Re: Warning!! Forest Floor & Spirit Plants Websites [Re: boxtop703]
    #994379 - 10/26/02 05:52 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

lol@boxtop
screw you, i was here long before you,
so you leave.
i just want to point out that at mycotopia we do not use irc in our chat room because of this very issue.
instead, we use a simple java chat that hides everyone's identity quite nicely, even i have no power in my own chat room, i can't boot or ban because our primary concern is for the safety of our membership.
and we don't record conversations in the chat room, which i know eddie does because i've seen him post entire conversations to win an argument.
you put recording conversations together with harvesting ip's and you've got a real security problem, in my opinion.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

Re: Warning!! Forest Floor & Spirit Plants Websites [Re: Hippie3]
    #994381 - 10/26/02 05:57 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

Re: Warning!! Forest Floor & Spirit Plants Websites [Re: boxtop703]
    #994382 - 10/26/02 05:59 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

InvisibleAlien
Galactic Shaman
 User Gallery

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: boxtop703]
    #994393 - 10/26/02 06:34 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------

Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

#994397 - 10/26/02 06:49 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

InvisibleAlien
Galactic Shaman
 User Gallery

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: boxtop703]
    #994480 - 10/26/02 08:56 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleLana
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
    #994565 - 10/26/02 10:52 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Interesting thread....

One:  Everyone better play nice!  I don't put up with flames in this forum

/me puts on her mod hat and buckles down :smile:

Secondly, Please read what Alien has mentioned, "You have to know what you are doing with Mirc and configuring proxies via firewall to find this out."

I see people from time to time thinking that there is a "security breach" in chats or websites, when really its simply a lack of knowledge.  Sometimes when I go into a chat I connect via a SSL. 

Most people I don't think do that....

Point is, sometimes one not knowing something can (especially technologically) can be harmful for no reason at all.

I am rather interested in this illegal activity that your friend (Alien) was doing online.  If someone is doing something illegal online, usually the person is reported to the ISP, and the ISP just kicks them off.  Proof would be best. 

Again, lets keep this a debate and not a flame war. 

Thanks a bunch,
Lana

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

InvisibleBreastFed

#994586 - 10/26/02 11:06 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

1. How dare you say anything when you don't even know the whole story?
2. How dare you insinuate that any of the sites you speak of are a security risk?
3. If your 'art of proxy and sock sliding into irc' was such an ART you would know how to do it correctly on irc.
4. ever hear of blowfish? look into it... we support that.

In reply to:

mjshroomer and hippy, both good people of the OMC have been banned from these sites for speaking up. I just added my info to help.

You are a bleeding jack ass my friend. What is this 'speaking up' you reffering to? Speaking up about what? Explain yourself.

In reply to:

I cannot specify what is going on, but something is wrong with this whole picture.

I know why you can't specify what's going on Alien. There are a few reasons. For one, you have absolutely no idea of what's going on. Second , what you may 'think' is going on is just a fabrication of your delusional mind. Third, you probably have a life and don't read the boards much (that's me being nice).

In reply to:

Moderation to friendship is all the advice I can give. I want to see everyone get along.

You know , that's funny. Real funny. Do you know why it's funny?? Re-read your post.

Now , let's go back to the time when you actualy stopped by the forestfloor chat room. When you came in to the #forestfloor chat I distinctly recall you BASHING THE SHROOMERY. Not only that you also said you were 'tired of the kids'. Then you followed it up by saying how much you liked the forestfloor better than the shroomery. It's unfortunate that I delete my logs once a week because i would have posted your exact words in this thread.

In reply to:

I just added my info to help.

Dude, where is it exactly that you think your HELPING anything?

In reply to:

I have never seen a site in the OMC put down an elder like Mjshroomer. That takes the cake in my opinion.

I'm sorry , but how do you react to death threats and threats of legal action for actualy trying to HELP THE OLD SAP(mj) IN THE FIRST PLACE!? If i'm not mistaken MJ took it upon himself to send out various threatening e-mails and pm's to a few members of our board. One of them being our webmaster, eddy. Well, mister smarty pants if you knew the whole story you would know that MJ recieved an e-mail from eddy- BEFORE ALL OF THE THREATS AND GARBAGE THAT MJ SPEWED AT US FOR NO REASON. In this e-mail eddy offered to host this ungreatful sack of shit's pile of images.

I think if you want to point fingers and place blame on these sites, it's webmaster, and it's members you should first do your homework. I suggest you start of at SPF and search for MJ's latest posts... i think they speak volumes about why he was treated the way he was and what he did to initiate it.

I, for one will not bow down to some pseudo mushroom guru just to save face. Especialy when he's shitting on my lap.

Lastly I offer you the definition of 'contribute'...... i suggest you read it and learn to apply the word correctly.

con?trib?ute Pronunciation Key (kn-trbyt)
v. con?trib?ut?ed, con?trib?ut?ing, con?trib?utes
v. tr.
1.To give or supply in common with others; give to a common fund or for a common purpose.
2.To submit for publication: contributed two stories to the summer issue.

v. intr.
1.To make a contribution: contributes to several charities.
2.To help bring about a result; act as a factor: Exercise contributes to better health.
3.To submit material for publication.

InvisibleAlien
Galactic Shaman
 User Gallery

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: Lana]
    #994593 - 10/26/02 11:12 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleAlien
Galactic Shaman
 User Gallery

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: BreastFed]
    #994608 - 10/26/02 11:20 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------

Offlinecamel
old hand

#994634 - 10/26/02 11:33 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Alien you are lying and i can proove it.

when you went to the Forest Floor chat not only did you bash the shroomery, and talk about how much you hate the kids at the shroomery, you also pm'd me and you and i talked about old time here at the shroomery. things that ONLY YOU WOULD KNOW from 3+ years back.

are you going to stop lying now or do i need to bust out the heavy artillery to proove it in front of all your adolescent 'friends' (when you want them to be your friends, as it appears)

as for mj, he's a fucking lunatic worthy of no respect. i don't know how he ever gained respect in the OMC in the first place. anybody can buy a ticket to thailand and pick a couple cubensis. maybe the new way of gaining respect in the OMC is to oust private/secret forums and send other OMC members death threats, amongst a myriad of other irrational (senile?) behaviour.

just a reality check to those with short-term memory probs

peace
camel

--------------------
Don't do drugs.

InvisibleLana
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
    #994689 - 10/26/02 12:32 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Alien said, "Sorry to have this thread here Lana, but its a very serious security issue."

No worries, this is what the forum is here for.  If someone has a question or an observation that is security related, ask :smile:  No harm done.

But my previous post was to just let everyone know that this forum is security related.  Its not the OTD :smile: and flames aren't tolerated. 

Alien said, "Now I will be respectful but I will ask, does your company advertise with Forrest Floor? If so moderation on this thread could be biased. I am only throwing out that point Lana, so please do not be mad at me. You are the only vendor here that I know of that is a moderator. I personally do not agree with it, but I can accept it."

One:  I'm not mad at you.  Those are legitimate questions....

Although, my affiliation with Myco Supply and this thread/forum have nothing to do with security.  The business decisions that my partners and I decide are not for public discussion.  And my position as a moderator is based upon the decisions of the admins here. 

I am simply here to moderate the forum.  If people start yelling and writing  non security related issues here, then the thread will be locked.  Please post detailed and concrete information.  There has always been differences between the Shroomery and the Forest Floor, (why? who knows) but there is no need for name calling or bad mouthing. 

IF the Forest Floor has some kind of security problem I am sure they will be properly addressed. 

Has anyone else tried to contact the FF admins? 

Lana

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #995176 - 10/26/02 05:45 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

When I got an email that Thor was mad at me from Eddie, I confronted him via a friend?s computer since he would not allow an anonymous irc connection. I had a full argument with this guy, he kicked me, and now my freind has had a few complaints from his isp about illegal activity online.

This sounds like someone read my PM to you Alien :frown:

Does this mean people are viewing private PMs at the Forest Floor? How else could eddy have known that I was mad at Alien, considering I haven't said anything publicly, nor had I said to anyone that I was mad at alien (that one night).

This is a very serious issue, you would hope there is a reasonable answer to this, I'd like to think there is since I like eddy and I don't see him doing such a thing.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate