Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

Considering going on a no "solid" diet for a month to treat my stomach problems. Thoughts?
    #9919400 - 03/05/09 08:11 PM (15 years, 17 days ago)

I've been experimenting with treating my stomach to different methods of eating to try to alleviate my really ultra bad stomach problems. And yes it sucks like insane to have to control my diet so much.

So far my findings have been:

I've cut out gluten and discovered that I can't tolerate any amount and must avoid products that share lines with stuff made with wheat. Unfortunately ALL gluten free substitutes suck so pretty much everything that has gluten I can't have (because I don't like the substitutes)

I can't tolerate lactose OR casein in dairy and can't have any of that without SEVERE consequences.

Peanuts make me sick and choke.

Corn kills my intestines in all forms but I'm not sure if cross contamination is possible or not.

Sugary fruits like apples and oranges make my stomach BURN.

Bulky fibrous foods, even yams and brown rice hurt my stomach and I need to be sparing with them. I even started eating these for three months and tried to alter other aspects of my diet while at the same time experiencing horrible stomach distension, burning, and tearing feelings along with lethargy until four days after I cut them out.

So usually what I do is eat mainly meat (commonly either top round london broil or chicken legs and thighs), salad greens (usually just a freezer pack of spinach) and less commonly I'll have simple things like strawberries or sashimi. Then when I feel like I need carbohydrates to replenish glycogen I'll take down a few garnet yams (probably one of my favorite foods) and a pile of rice along with some allergen safe buffet food from Whole Foods (probably the only prepared foods I can eat for "cheap").

Last year I was doing the same thing but ran into problems related mainly to indigestion of the above starches. Like only 70% would be digested and the rest would give me hell which is why I would try to keep it to one day and attempt to keep the meals evenly distributed but still I would deal with a lot of pain. So last year I decided to forgo the starches and use either soy or coconut ice cream instead and even at one point discovered these mackerel from Korea that were coated with sugar that worked perfectly as a "recharge". I think the mackerel worked better because even the ice cream would mildly irritate my stomach while the mackerel did nothing and I could eat that more frequently without problems. But they don't sell that mackerel over here so I'd have to go with the ice cream!! Which isn't so bad considering how awesome it is.

Anyway the point of this topic is to ask what are your thoughts. I've tried many many things but my intestines refuse to comply unless I keep it simple and keep the fiber up but not too high because when I do things just get bad. Last year from what I remember all of my stomach problems cleared up by doing this but of course I kept no records and am not sure if there were other factors. And I'm looking for support too because it's a real bitch to have to pay so much attention to your food and have to suffer from days to weeks when you screw up. Yeah it really sucks, but if I can get things in order like this everything should be good. But then again it's a bitch to follow such a limited diet and I'll need encouragement to help me stay away from my beloved garnet yams.

BTW I've seen doctors and they just diagnosed me with IBS and told me to "go with your gut" (pricks!)

--------------------
Remember to cut your nails regularly.

Edited by PyroBurns (03/05/09 08:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCannashroom
Smoke two Joints
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: Considering going on a no "solid" diet for a month to treat my stomach problems. Thoughts? [Re: PyroBurns]
    #9921369 - 03/06/09 05:55 AM (15 years, 16 days ago)

I could see lots of green smoothies helping to sooth your GI tract.  Greens especially, and non starchy veggies in general help with the digestion of anything, so just make sure to include them in every meal and digestion will be better.  Furthermore, greens release bicarbonate when they get digested, combating acid reflux etc.

--------------------
"A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe'; a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest -- a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and affection for a few persons nearest us.

Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty.

Nobody is able to achieve this completely but striving for such achievement is, in itself, a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security."

Albert Einstein

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Considering going on a no "solid" diet for a month to treat my stomach problems. Thoughts? [Re: PyroBurns]
    #9922673 - 03/06/09 12:31 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

Try a raw greens smoothie at least twice a day. Greens and veggies are not the same thing exactly. Keep it to the green leaves. Parsley, kale, chard, celery, beet tops, carrot tops, etc. If you need sweetness to drink it add an apple or other non starchy fruit and maybe a little stevia. For the liquid part I use herb teas.  These are great for any kind of healing. Don't put in too much water or tea, keep it kinda thick but not too much. You will need a high power mixer like a VitaMix. Then instead of drinking each mouthful chew it and mix it with your saliva. Just watch and see.

Don't over eat also. And marshmallow tea should be soothing to your stomach.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

Re: Considering going on a no "solid" diet for a month to treat my stomach problems. Thoughts? [Re: Icelander]
    #9928926 - 03/07/09 03:01 PM (15 years, 15 days ago)

Improve Athletic Performance and Heal Wounds with Honey?

Primarily honey has been used as an energy source, but recent research has examined the use of honey as an ergogenic aid (a food or ingredient that helps an athlete's performance) and wound healing agent, both of which were once considered merely age-old anecdotes.

In the time of the ancient Olympics, athletes were reported to eat special foods, such as honey and dried figs, to enhance their sports performance. Recently, however, one group of researchers has investigated the use of honey as an ergogenic aid in athletes. The study involved a group of 39 weight-trained athletes, both male and female. Subjects underwent an intensive weight-lifting workout and then immediately consumed a protein supplement blended with either sugar, maltodextrin or honey as the carbohydrate source. The honey group maintained optimal blood sugar levels throughout the two hours following the workout. In addition, muscle recuperation and glycogen restoration (carbohydrates stored in muscle) was favorable in those individuals consuming the honey-protein combination.

Sustaining favorable blood sugar concentrations after endurance training by ingesting carbohydrates before, during and after training is important for maintaining muscle glycogen stores (glycogen is the form in which sugar is stored in muscle as ready-to-use fuel), so that muscle recuperation is more efficient and the athlete is ready to perform again at their highest level the next day. The best-studied ergogenic aid is carbohydrates because they are necessary for maintaining muscle glycogen stores. For now, honey appears to be just another source of carbohydrates that can help athletes perform at their best, rather than a superior choice over any other carbohydrate.

I might go with raw honey rather than ice cream all the time. We'll see.

--------------------

Invisiblewhattheheck
Chief Love Lover
Male

Loc: Denver Colorado
    #9929474 - 03/07/09 05:14 PM (15 years, 15 days ago)

I eat mad amounts of local honey in tea and straight. I am addicted.

--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

Re: Considering going on a no "solid" diet for a month to treat my stomach problems. Thoughts? [Re: whattheheck]
    #9945382 - 03/10/09 12:01 PM (15 years, 12 days ago)

http://www.reallyrawhoney.com/healthfacts.php

Today is my first honey day and I'm excited. I'm taking it in two doses (LARGE amounts poured in .75 (1.5 total) liters of earl grey tea) and will see how it goes. I just drank the first bottle and it was sooo tasty and while my stomach felt "too full" at first it's feeling a little better. Hopefully this will take care of that god awful inflammation I've been dealing with lately and replenish my muscles from ~42 miles of running between 5 days, climbing a small mountain, and a pretty intense workout today.

While I'm a bit sad to give up starches, at least for now, I'm really finally getting behind the idea that it's something that I have to do. My stomach health has been very poor, and I can't keep letting it go or I'm probably going to start facing some serious consequences. Now I'm fully behind and exited about the idea of being 100% intent on doing what I got to do, and can't wait to see how things improve.

I'll definitely update this with some kind of write up in a month. So far it's barely even 5 days in.

--------------------

Invisiblenorml840
sex toy guru
Male User Gallery

Loc: lost
    #9945514 - 03/10/09 12:26 PM (15 years, 12 days ago)

i just got 2 jars of this stuff in today.  so crazy that you mentioned it.  when i opened the jar i was like, "WTF is this shit?".

then i tasted that sweet goodness.  i'm hooked already.

Invisiblewhattheheck
Chief Love Lover
Male

Loc: Denver Colorado
Re: Considering going on a no "solid" diet for a month to treat my stomach problems. Thoughts? [Re: norml840]
    #9946075 - 03/10/09 02:17 PM (15 years, 12 days ago)

Raw honey is awesome!!!!!! :drooling:

--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Considering going on a no "solid" diet for a month to treat my stomach problems. Thoughts? [Re: whattheheck]
    #9946815 - 03/10/09 04:26 PM (15 years, 12 days ago)

Try and find "raw" honeys that are not heated. Many are heated to 98 degrees and still considered raw. You can taste the difference IMO. One tastes like heaven and the other like crystalized sugar.

--------------------

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

Re: Considering going on a no "solid" diet for a month to treat my stomach problems. Thoughts? [Re: Icelander]
    #9947998 - 03/10/09 07:56 PM (15 years, 12 days ago)

I don't know if the honey is helping or hurting but so far:

Lots of gas
Lots of bathroom visits
Migraine (cured with dr00gz)

Either it's cleaning me out or killing me! Oh well we'll see in 10 days.

--------------------

InvisibleNeon
Stranger
Male
    #9948325 - 03/10/09 08:47 PM (15 years, 12 days ago)

Too much honey fucks up my stomach BIG time.

Invisiblenorml840
sex toy guru
Male User Gallery

Loc: lost
    #9948550 - 03/10/09 09:29 PM (15 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Try and find "raw" honeys that are not heated. Many are heated to 98 degrees and still considered raw. You can taste the difference IMO. One tastes like heaven and the other like crystalized sugar.

this is the honey i speak of.  it's not been heated at all or filtered.  it's got bits of the comb, pollen, and propylis(<---spelling?) in it.  it's completely opaque.  it's off white/tan in color.  tastes delicious.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Considering going on a no "solid" diet for a month to treat my stomach problems. Thoughts? [Re: norml840]
    #9951242 - 03/11/09 11:49 AM (15 years, 11 days ago)

Yeah.:thumbup: That stuff's the shit.

--------------------

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

#10250426 - 04/28/09 04:14 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I was doing very well but then I broke my string the other day. I couldn't help it! I just had to try some new Filipino desserts and then ended up eating sweet potatoes later.

I felt like shit for a couple of days but it went away and now I'm at a crossroads. I don't know if I should continue off of starches or just let myself have moderate amounts from time to time. My stomach is fucking stupid and I hate it. I notice when I have to digest harder to digest things like that I get really sleepy and cranky because I think most of my bodies focus goes to my stomach and it goes berserk trying to break all that down. When I keep to meat, veggies, nuts, and raw honey this doesn't happen. My energy is stable, my stomach feels okay, I'm regular, and my stomach doesn't bloat. But as soon as I eat the smallest sweet potato cube all hell breaks loose. It's torture especially because I want to start experimenting with taro root (making poi, and sweet bean desserts) but I'm not ready for the upset stomach and sustained feeling bad.

I feel so lost and helpless when it comes to my digestion. And yes this is a source of dysphoria for me. I hate how the worst that can happen for other people is maybe some gas the next day, but the least that can happen to me is gas, indigestion, poor energy, and bloating for three or four days. And sometimes that can work into weeks. It's torture! Especially since I can never have pizza ever again.

--------------------

Edited by PyroBurns (04/28/09 04:21 PM)

Invisibleadrug

#10250968 - 04/28/09 05:34 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

No pizza....that is tragic!

Could you just douse some pepperoni in tomato sauce and oregano and call it good? heh

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

Re: Considering going on a no "solid" diet for a month to treat my stomach problems. Thoughts? [Re: adrug]
    #10251007 - 04/28/09 05:43 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

That's actually what I resort to. Just something dipped in marinara and maybe olive oil with some toasted rosemary.

It kind of satisfies the taste aspect but nothing else. Nothing like getting stoned, plopping down on a couch, ordering pizza, and gorging on a giant slab of doughy bread covered in Italian shit, stringy cheese, and a bit of garlic butter for good measure. I don't get to do that. :sad:

There is gluten free BBQ chicken pizza I can get from Garlic Jim's but it isn't the same and definitely not worth $24 for a fucking medium. Then of course there is the stomach problems that follow that for the next week.

--------------------

Invisiblesleepy
zZzZzZzZz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #10254649 - 04/29/09 09:04 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

have you thought of going to see an ayurvedic doctor?  they may be able to help.  they will find the cause instead of treat the symptoms.

i read somewhere that allergies are due to a buildup of toxins in the bodyand the ayurvedic doctor can give you herbs and other ways to detoxify including diet/lifestyle suggestions.  good luck

Edited by sleepy (04/29/09 09:16 AM)

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #10254670 - 04/29/09 09:13 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Have you thought about doing green smoothies for a month?

OfflineAndre Nickatina
Smoov like water
 User Gallery

Re: Considering going on a no "solid" diet for a month to treat my stomach problems. Thoughts? [Re: MOTH]
    #10255694 - 04/29/09 12:41 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Instead of doing some bullshit honey drink why don't you cut out the meat and start eating raw greens.

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #10255932 - 04/29/09 01:26 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Have you ever had an endoscopy?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale