Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefltdriver82
Naked and offensive
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a trip
Ralphsters
    #9915982 - 03/05/09 11:16 AM (15 years, 17 days ago)

Anybody else have problems reading Ralph's website. I have only ordered from sporeworks in the past and was looking through other sponsor's sites and am having difficulties with Ralph's.

Everything loads fine but for some reason there is info on top of info. Blocking text, pictures, links. What's up with this?

If you are running a business pretty much supported by an online community, wouldn't your website be a priority? To me it is the equivalent of walking into a store that has junk covering merchandise that is for sale. I wouldn't by anything from a store that wasn't well kept. What does this say for their sterile procedures?

I won't be ordering from ralphsters because of this reason. It may seem silly but when my biggest worry is contams, why would I buy supplies from someone who is to lazy to maintain a functioning and viewable website?

Just to clarify:
I have never ordered from ralph and don't base my opinions on any past experience.
I have been to his website multiple times over the past 6 months, it has been updated to include new SOTM as well as new strains. Yet, the pages are not 100% readable.

First impressions take less than 10 seconds, every time I visit his site I get the same impression:
  It looks like my step-sons bedroom, stuff piled on top of stuff. Who knows what is on the bottom of the pile.

--------------------
The Fourth Amendment gives every American the right to refuse any search without a warrant.

Say hello to my friend, his name is George.
Every other ? you have is answered here

:mushroom2:In soviet russia, mushroom trips on you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDoYouMusHrOOM
enlightened
Male

Loc: Artic Circle
Re: Ralphsters [Re: fltdriver82]
    #9916033 - 03/05/09 11:27 AM (15 years, 17 days ago)

LMAO!!! dude. earthstongue is the way to go... i 've gone through 3 of these sponsors and got a long wait and shitty spores.

--------------------
Spirit is the Life, Mind is the Builder, and the Physical is the Result

Offlinebackintheriver
Male User Gallery

Re: Ralphsters [Re: DoYouMusHrOOM]
    #9916103 - 03/05/09 11:43 AM (15 years, 17 days ago)

how are the spores "shitty"?

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
    #9916161 - 03/05/09 11:54 AM (15 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

DoYouMusHrOOM said:

LMAO!!! dude. earthstongue is the way to go... i 've gone through 3 of these sponsors and got a long wait and shitty spores.

Earthstongue has one of the worst reputations on the internet that there is.

If you do a search on Earthtongue in here, you will gets tons of bad feedback on them.

End of story!~

~

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineDoYouMusHrOOM
enlightened
Male

Re: Ralphsters [Re: Roadkill]
    #9916257 - 03/05/09 12:14 PM (15 years, 17 days ago)

ive been using earthstongue for a year have never run into any problems, and by shitty spores i mean clumpy , dead and even contmd:thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineDoYouMusHrOOM
enlightened
Male

#9916263 - 03/05/09 12:15 PM (15 years, 17 days ago)

and ive read tons of bad feedback of this sites own sponsors.:zappa:

--------------------

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
    #9916396 - 03/05/09 12:36 PM (15 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

DoYouMusHrOOM said:

ive been using earthstongue for a year have never run into any problems, and by shitty spores i mean clumpy , dead and even contmd:thumbup:

I'm not going to sit here and argue the point with you.

Earthtongue has a terrible rep in the OMC...
they have for years upon years.

My opinion on them is from the countless complaints I've seen on them over the years.

they might be cleaning up their business recently, and I hope that they are.
I've heard that they have a new owner...
but I've also heard that the old owner still is running things and is trying to convince people that he is a new owner.

time will tell.

And as far as you saying that the Shroomery Vendors have shitty spores and contam issues...

that is complete bullshit.

Sporeworks, The Hawk Eye, Ralphster, Little Shop of Spores have all been in business for a very long time selling spores.

They wouldn't or couldn't stay in business for so long if they had the problems that you said they have.

~

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
    #9916450 - 03/05/09 12:44 PM (15 years, 17 days ago)

I don't mean to insult, but Ralphster's website does look very unprofessional, like it hasn't been updated in a couple of years. If I were any good at computer stuff i'd offer to help him update it. But hey, if he is a trusted sponsor and delivers a good product quickly, who cares?

However, Ralph might be missing out because people who find his site without going through the shroomery might not trust it.

Also, his website works perfectly fine for me. What browser are you using?

--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

Offlinefltdriver82
Naked and offensive
Male User Gallery

Re: Ralphsters [Re: Green_T]
    #9917103 - 03/05/09 02:19 PM (15 years, 17 days ago)

Firefox
I don't have this problem with any other site I've ever been to.
It just text and links are overlapping-sometimes making reading impossible. Even the link, at the bottom of the home page, to webmaster@blah is overlapped completely by the copyright statement. That is the kind of thing I'm talking about. Also on home page March PE Special is covering up Our New Special links. It's hard to read them, it looks "thrown together" so makes people (myself included) a little wary of sending them money when there key add point is that they don't keep records. So I'm thinking: If they don't take the time to fix minor problems, they probably won't take the time to make sure they get my order to me before my "records" are gone forever.

That's just the way it makes me feel. Once again I haven't tried their product (for reasons above) so I am not commenting on experience with them.

Edit:

Am I the only one having problems like ^^^? I tried adjusting my screen res.

Edited by fltdriver82 (03/05/09 09:31 PM)

InvisibleShr00mZ
Space Invader

#9925965 - 03/06/09 10:38 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

firefox and IE 8 dont work with his site. Ive been going through sporeworks.. since I updated my IE program. IE 6 n 7 are the only ones that work with it. Just have him give you the strain list, or have him randomly pick them.

--------------------

Offlinemadsplatter
Expirmentational
Male

Loc: U.S.A
Re: Ralphsters [Re: Shr00mZ]
    #9926011 - 03/06/09 10:48 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

If you know you want to use Ralphsters just pick Ralph's picks.  He will give you 5 or 6 for like 10 bucks a piece and they are good strains (though I know that is up for debate, but so is a lot of other shit on here.)  Then you have variety, and good spores!!

--------------------
:sun:When I woke up today I couldn't remember yesterday, which is funny, 'cause when I woke up yesterday I couldn't see today.:grin:Madsplatters Grow journal

OfflineDayzeoftheNu
Smat Mudda Fucka
Male

Loc: The Dirty South
Re: Ralphsters [Re: madsplatter]
    #9926106 - 03/06/09 11:15 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

Why would he honestly want to make his site that much better? I mean his target market is right here on Shroomery! You can PM him and he hits you up the SAME day. You cant ask for better. And besides, he keeps us all happy and in turn he gets the piece of mind that he is dealing with at least SOMEWHAT like minded people and doesnt worry about a bunch of jackasses bringing bad press and drawing unneeded attention from LEO's. Makes so much more sense than to build a awesome site and not know your clientele. And besides, if i ran a spore shop I would at least want personal feedback from a community based on the research of such spores. I can see where he is comin from. Keep up the good job Ralphster. You make all these people's day every time you go to the P.O. Box. :rockon:

--------------------
Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.

Invisiblerustypan
downinit

Re: Ralphsters [Re: DayzeoftheNu]
    #9928420 - 03/07/09 01:29 PM (15 years, 15 days ago)

^ +1

I chose to give his service a try. I'll let ya know if I have any troubles. Yes, his site is a bit "bare" if comparing to most other sites, but I would have to agree w/ what DayzeoftheNu said.

--------------------

Offlinefltdriver82
Naked and offensive
Male User Gallery

Re: Ralphsters [Re: rustypan]
    #9928738 - 03/07/09 02:28 PM (15 years, 15 days ago)

I'm just saying:
When every new person that signs up asks "Where should I get spores?" people say shroomery sponsors: Sporeworks and Ralphsters are the two most common responses.

Any improvement on his website could only bring in more business. It's like looking at houses, you find a couple that are the same price/same everything but one looks old and the other is straight out of a magazine.
Which one would you choose.

Like I've said I haven't tried his product and am only commenting on appearance.

Offlineinsomniac20
4th Horseman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mid-West
    #9928763 - 03/07/09 02:33 PM (15 years, 15 days ago)

Everything I've ever gotten from Ralphster was fantastic. No contams very fast "3 day's fast". It's a really simple site to navigate.

OfflineDayzeoftheNu
Smat Mudda Fucka
Male

Loc: The Dirty South
    #9928790 - 03/07/09 02:37 PM (15 years, 15 days ago)

I mean i understand. It does look unprofessional. but my brother makes websites and if you dont have a friend that can do one up for you, getting a decent site up can be pretty expensive. He normally charges 3 grand or so to get a site up with the quality of Ralphsters. I couldnt imagine the cost for something like Sporeworks. It takes alot of doing. I could see ralphster as a stoner just like us who says "fuck it, good enough"

--------------------
Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Bowels of Canada
Re: Ralphsters [Re: insomniac20]
    #10450604 - 06/03/09 10:07 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

insomniac20 said:
Everything I've ever gotten from Ralphster was fantastic. No contams very fast "3 day's fast". It's a really simple site to navigate.

I'm on the OP's side right now... I've never ordered spores before, and I was doing a search for canadian vendors, ralphs seemed like my best bet.. yet when I go to his site, the only thing I can click on and look at is his fantastic 4 special, his 2 new special strains, the substrates/spawns, 'penis envy now in stock' and the P. cyanofriscosa link :shrug:

is there no list of strains or anything?...

I've read almost nothing but good things about him... but wtf is going on here...

:edit: I'm also using firefox

When I click on substrate/spawn... then click on spores... I get taken right back to the homepage... wtf??

Edited by LuSiD9 (06/03/09 10:14 PM)

OfflineGetHyphae
Stranger

Re: Ralphsters [Re: LuSiD9]
    #10452523 - 06/04/09 08:09 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I like his bootleg website.

Offline79towncar
Stranger
Re: Ralphsters [Re: GetHyphae]
    #10454410 - 06/04/09 02:45 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I have to admit when I showed a friend a sponsors site and Ralph's site for her to get spores she went with the other sponsor because of the website.. I asked her why and she said "it looks cleaner" hahaha. You know how girls are.. But Ralph's reputation is A+ and his customer service is A+ as well. Everybody knows he has great products and I think that outweighs his website...

Offlinekinderfeld11
kill your master

Re: Ralphsters [Re: 79towncar]
    #10455964 - 06/04/09 07:05 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Yea I will admit the web site is a little 'homemade' or what have you. Personally, I don't have a probably with navigation but your right there is shit everywhere. Good product is all that REALLY matters but Ralph you need to pimp yo web site for real...make it match your reputation.

--------------------
Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once.
Of all the wonders that I yet have heard.
It seems to me most strange that men should fear;
Seeing that death, a necessary end,
Will come when it will come.
(Julius Caesar, Act II, Scene 2).
:mushroom2:Host of new 'Kinderfeld's Kindness' monthly contest.:mushroom2:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals