Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinethetonebone72
Hunter -Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
80-year-old woman arrested for growing marijuana; man killed by police (OR)
    #9915500 - 03/05/09 09:10 AM (15 years, 26 days ago)

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/03/sheriffs_office_responds_to_la.html

Police shoot and kill man in Mulino during arrest
Wednesday March 04, 2009, 11:33 PM
Noelle Crombie, The Oregonian

MULINO -- Clackamas County sheriff's deputies shot and killed a person while serving an arrest warrant on a rural property in the Mulino-area late Wednesday night.

Authorities are not releasing the name of the individual who was fatally shot, who has been taken to the medical examiner's office, which will perform an autopsy today.

Clackamas County sheriff's detective Jeff Green said an 80-year-old woman, Marjorie Crawford, was taken from the scene in an ambulance after the shooting.

She was treated for injuries that Green said were not related to the shooting.

She is being booked today on accusations of manufacturing, possessing and distributing marijuana.

The charges stem from a longstanding investigation by various law enforcement agencies that serve on a regional drug task force, Green said.

Green said deputies have been to the home, located at 13262 Macksburg Road, at least once in the fall of 2008. The nature of that visit had to do with drugs, Green said.

Crawford and the shooting victim were at the home when a pair of deputies arrived about 10:30 p.m. to serve the arrest warrant.

Nine minutes later the deputies broadcast on their radios that shots had been fired and a person was "down."

The sheriff's tactical team and detectives responded, taking Crawford into custody.

Green refused to say more about the incident, including whether Crawford or the shooting victim were armed.

However, Michael Crawford, Marjorie's son, said his mother's boyfriend was the one who was fatally shot.

He said his sister spoke with his mother early this morning. His mother said police arrived at the home and banged on the door.

He said Crawford's 68-year-old boyfriend got a shotgun, went to the door and was shot by police.

Crawford, who lives in Beaverton, said his mother and boyfriend had been growing marijuana and were selling it to locals. He said the property was raided last fall.

The deputies have been placed on paid leave, as is the standard practice in officer-involved shootings.

Green would not identify the officers or say how long either had been with the agency.

This morning the home where the shooting took place was surrounded by yellow crime tape. A news helicopter and news crews staked out the isolated stretch of road.

--------------------
Hunt On, Good Fellow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: 80-year-old woman arrested for growing marijuana; man killed by police (OR) [Re: thetonebone72]
    #9915516 - 03/05/09 09:15 AM (15 years, 26 days ago)

I wonder how our great-grandchildren will view stories like these.

--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

Invisibletravelleler
a horse-fart in a hurricane
 User Gallery

Loc: yonder mountains
Re: 80-year-old woman arrested for growing marijuana; man killed by police (OR) [Re: thetonebone72]
    #9915635 - 03/05/09 09:50 AM (15 years, 26 days ago)

He had every right to answer the door of the house while armed.  It is the 2nd amendment of the Constitution of the United States which allows citizens of the US the right to bear arms. 

Burglaries happen every year by people who dress in uniforms and pose as police officers so it's easy to see why the guy would answer the door armed. 

All in all I'd say the police are directly at fault.  If it was an arrest warrant they should have taken the guy when he was out of the house like say, getting in his car or leaving the property.  Arrest warrants are not search warrants, the pot growing in the house was irrelevant. 

Mulino is a rural area and so I suppose they would have rookie cops and other idiots working for the law out there.  Too bad it happened, the Willamette valley is a beautiful place otherwise-- and fantastic habitat for medical pot

--------------------

"Whales have deep thoughts"

:sun:Dreams are the fuel of the soul:sun:

:peace:

Offlinej0nnyb0y05
IBelieveInBelivin
Male

Loc: Going Going, Back Back to
Re: 80-year-old woman arrested for growing marijuana; man killed by police (OR) [Re: Green_T]
    #9915646 - 03/05/09 09:52 AM (15 years, 26 days ago)

again, elderly citizens who are getting scared that they are about to be victims of a home invasion, trying to protect themselves and loved ones, only to be shot by trigger happy police who dont like pot. GET THE FUCK OVER YOU PIGS. "omg save the children from the 80 y/o gardner next door, she will eat their souls"

--------------------
.....Healing Of People Everywhere.....

OfflinePoopSoap
Genetically Modified Organism

Re: 80-year-old woman arrested for growing marijuana; man killed by police (OR) [Re: j0nnyb0y05]
    #9915751 - 03/05/09 10:18 AM (15 years, 26 days ago)

stories like this make me sick. piece of shit fucking cops

OfflineSunshineDaydream
Journeyman
Male User Gallery

Loc: OK Flag
Re: 80-year-old woman arrested for growing marijuana; man killed by police (OR) [Re: PoopSoap]
    #9916008 - 03/05/09 11:22 AM (15 years, 26 days ago)

and they get a free paid vacation for this shit?  :nonono:

Offlinetektonic
Mr. Mani-fest-ival

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: RL
Re: 80-year-old woman arrested for growing marijuana; man killed by police (OR) [Re: SunshineDaydream]
    #9916118 - 03/05/09 11:47 AM (15 years, 26 days ago)

fucking bullshit

--------------------
Growery

Daily Tzolkin

:peace: :heart: :earth:

"If triangles' had a God, he would have 3 sides."

Offlinesuburbanned
Stranger
Re: 80-year-old woman arrested for growing marijuana; man killed by police (OR) [Re: SunshineDaydream]
    #9916208 - 03/05/09 12:04 PM (15 years, 26 days ago)

Shoot first, ask questions later.  :thumbup:

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
    #9916274 - 03/05/09 12:16 PM (15 years, 26 days ago)

I guess this was on the news this morning when I was half-asleep and my gf was leaving for work (I don't know if they mentioned the shooting part).  My gf said to me: "Isn't that terrible? They arrested an 80 year old woman for manufacture of marijuana!"

I replied "I don't see why the fact that she was 80 years old matters, but I agree that's terrible."

It's fucked up that they shot a person who was well within their rights to be armed in their own home though, I hadn't heard that part.  If people can be shot for legally bearing a firearm, why can't we just go around shooting cops? After all, they're armed and dangerous too... Or is this one of those double-standard things?

OfflineSmokealotapot
Smoking lots of pot

Loc: Dreamworld
Re: 80-year-old woman arrested for growing marijuana; man killed by police (OR) [Re: tektonic]
    #9916282 - 03/05/09 12:17 PM (15 years, 26 days ago)

What the hell is it with trigger happy popo's? He got shot just for answering the door with a fucking gun!? It's our right as Americans to bear arms so what gives them any reason to shoot a man just trying to protect his family and his home. That's ridiculous... More cops getting away with murder :nonono:

OfflineJohnP
Why?
Male User Gallery
    #9916535 - 03/05/09 12:55 PM (15 years, 26 days ago)

It's time for legislation to dis-arm the police. I have heard too many stories of my local police murdering families and getting away with it. I have heard too many stories of my local police dealing drugs and getting away with it while anyone else is locked in their prisons to be fed poison and die. I have heard too many stories of loved ones dieing in police custody. I have seen too many police assault videos completely unprovoked... Violence is merely a self destruct sequence designed to eliminate itself as quick as possible. Love is a creationary process designed to endure eternally.

The police department is NOT an outlet for angry people to get out their rage on the public. Obviously though, if you are angry, and want to be autocratic and violent towards the general public, you can join the police department anywhere across the united states, feel free to murder and get free paid vacation as an added plus.

This is NOT right and this will NOT be tolerated much longer. I'm calling on everyone to not let this practice go on anylonger. The police are unacceptable. The people can govern themselves. It's the government, and the police that SPREAD the Violence. Get rid of the police and you have no problem. Get rid of the POLICE in their current state of affairs and you have nothing for the "Violent Drug Dealers" to be afraid of and arm themselves against. No Police, No Problem. Out in the open, it calls honesty and integrity on EVERYBODY's Part. Which means, IF you ARE a drug dealer, than you too would be held accountable for not wanting to hurt people, or put anyone at danger. To take all necessary precautions just as a health professional would, to protect those you serve. If you run a store that sells products you don't want those products killing your customers... Just like I don't want my police killing our fellow human beings. If I ran a store, I would like for the products to help my customers evolve into better, more harmonious human beings that could in turn help me too, grow and evolve in the arms of eachother, in love.

If there is a Law, it will be broken. If there is no law, there is never any incentive to break a law. Draw no distinction between one and the other, and one and the other are merely one and the same. Draw the line, and you polarize violence against peace. There would be no PEACE without Violence. So... Can we come together as one... not in Peace, or Violence... but together in Harmony?

I don't know, Tell me what you want. I want you to stop killing people. I want you to be honest and tell me how you FEEL. Let us work something out that works for everyone. It shall be done.

Let's make it clear. Nearly everyone uses drugs. Nearly everyone is in THIS Same GAME together. Let's all be honest. WE KNOW WHAT'S UP! What's up with you is UP with your neighbors. WE lock ourselves in our houses just like we LOCK our secrets in ourselves BUILDING TENSION like Police departments expanding their force three times over.

I SAY LET'S Reduce the Tensions. Let's get it out in the open, Let's NOT be autocratic and make space, make room for allowance, make room for acceptance. There's no need to fight anything, All we need to do is be honest with ourselves Honest with the world, and Honest with the dishonesty that runs amok (IE: The Police)

As long as we HIDE in the Shadows we will be searched out. So whatever it is Bring it to the floor, bring it out into the open, INTO THE LIGHT so there is no need to be fought against to reveal the truth. The Police to me seem to be a very crude, backwards form of trying to seek out the truth in the darkness and they have strayed very far from the truth in recent years. Im calling for accountability. Im calling for some equalization.

A plant is beautiful, and inspires life. There are many things that inspire life, but a bullet to the head and locking someone up in jail for inspiring life in themselves and the world around them is not my idea of what life should be like. WE Need to reward the police with the reward they never received. Let's do their job for them and Elucidate the LIFE through honesty and harmony in ALL that there is! Can't we see that we are on the opposite side the the spectrum as the police? I'd like to come together, to equalize and grow together, in harmony, and peace, unarmed, in love, peace, harmony, for life, for ETERNITY, FOR ALL OF HUMANITY and ALL OF THE UNIVERSE.

Let us UNITE in PEACE and Harmony! ONCE AND FOR ALL! :heart:

Edited by JohnP (03/05/09 01:06 PM)

OfflineJohnP
Why?
Male User Gallery
Re: 80-year-old woman arrested for growing marijuana; man killed by police (OR) [Re: JohnP]
    #9916631 - 03/05/09 01:10 PM (15 years, 26 days ago)

The Way is Unspeakable. The way that underlies all being is beyond words. Let's stop tacking words on it to try to create what it is we want done in this world. Ask yourself, What is it you truly want done from the core of your being?

I know of many things but if I knew what it was I REALLY wanted, I wouldn't still be searching for it. So let's stop labeling laws and saying can and can't this and that... And just let it go.

The Universe really knows how to let things go, just like God let's things go the way they do in our lives... and in our world, on earth. And that is for a reason. The reason is to help us return to the source. To learn to let things go. To make room for the things to come. To make room for eternity, to make room for becoming the Universe ourselves.

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: 80-year-old woman arrested for growing marijuana; man killed by police (OR) [Re: JohnP]
    #9916739 - 03/05/09 01:31 PM (15 years, 26 days ago)

Hippy bullshit, lol.

Yeah dude, totally, lets just stop saying you can't kill, or rape. Let it go. You're your own person, you can do what you want cuz it brings everything to eternal oneness.

Or not.

Laws are an extension of the social contract. The fact that we're too dumb to get the laws right (we keep electing people to make more and more of them senselessly), and that we have a pretty bad track record regarding the enforcement mechanism (corrupt or plain unthinking cops, corrupt or plain unthinking judges) does not mean that having a codified extension of the social contract is a bad idea.

Just think: If we as a species are this shitty at implementing laws, think how much shittier we'd be at implementing lawlessness.

OfflineJohnP
Why?
Male User Gallery
Re: 80-year-old woman arrested for growing marijuana; man killed by police (OR) [Re: Entropymancer]
    #9916930 - 03/05/09 01:58 PM (15 years, 26 days ago)

Have we given it a try. I'm not saying make a law that there be no laws... Think about how shitty things have gotten the more laws we make.

I am not saying it's bad to have a codified extension of the social contract, im just saying that extension has gotten WAYYYY out of hand, and WAAAYYYYY  to vague, paradoxal...

I'm just saying, There is a way, and the law isn't it.

We need to move beyond our current laws somehow. And making more of them is not the way.

OfflineJohnP
Why?
Male User Gallery
    #9916986 - 03/05/09 02:04 PM (15 years, 26 days ago)

I'll take it from what you said. Why don't we stop extending into all this unnecessary bullshit.

Why do we create extensions on the social contract anyways? Cause we didn't know before that there was a better way to do it.  We gotta go through all this bullshit to realize how much bullshit we have been getting into because of all this bullshit.

Basically all I am saying is we should try to simplify things a little bit and see how that works out instead of making things more complex than they already are. Instead of taking on more bullshit why don't we try cleaning it up a bit. That's basically what it comes down to. Simplification. Hippy Bullshit?

Thanks. For helping me simplify what I was trying to say  :heart:

OfflineIdeLOLogies
Strange

#9917169 - 03/05/09 02:27 PM (15 years, 26 days ago)

It's a nice thought, too bad people are shits.

This article is just another in the long line of horrific events that all seem to revolve around the police.
If anything the police should have stricter laws implemented on them, at the moment it just seems like they get payed to kill and hurt people.

Justice to the justice system is whats needed, not lawlessness for the public.

--------------------
God takes those closest to us, because it makes him feel better about himself. He is a very vengeful God. He's all pissed off about something we did thousands of years ago. He just can't get over it, so he doesn't care who he takes. Children, puppies, it don't matter to him, so long as it makes us sad.

Why does God give us anything?

Look at it this way: if you want to make a baby cry, first you give it a lollipop. Then you take it away. If you never give it a lollipop to begin with, it would have nothin' to cry about. That's like God, who gives us life and love and help just so that he can tear it all away and make us cry, so he can drink the sweet milk of our tears. You see, it's our tears, Stan, that give God his great power.

OfflineJohnP
Why?
Male User Gallery
Re: 80-year-old woman arrested for growing marijuana; man killed by police (OR) [Re: IdeLOLogies]
    #9917179 - 03/05/09 02:28 PM (15 years, 26 days ago)

Justice to the Justice system sounds equalized to me.

OfflineLSDan
the story teller
Male

Re: 80-year-old woman arrested for growing marijuana; man killed by police (OR) [Re: Green_T]
    #9918563 - 03/05/09 05:53 PM (15 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

green_titan said:
I wonder how our great-grandchildren will view stories like these.

Depends, honestly. Something bizarre could happen, like the U.S. invading big drug supplying companies to go from a theoretical War on Drugs to a literal one. In that case stories like this are likely to be viewed with "they had it coming attitudes," which would be bad news for us. Of course, if drugs are ever legalized, these stories might be viewed as lynch mob stories you hear from the Jim Crow times are viewed today.

--------------------
Weed turns life into a joke. Alcohol turns life into a game. Shrooms turn life into a story.

Invisiblemr.bixby
Routine waxes cold
Male

Loc: The West is the Best
    #9918603 - 03/05/09 06:00 PM (15 years, 26 days ago)

The system is probably on it's last legs anyway.  What amazes me is that people view this as a "civilized" society.  I'm getting to the point of looking to live off the grid in a private community and saying fuck the world and the people who support the juggernaut that controls almost every country now. 
How many times can you read stories like this?  I've become numb to it.

Offlinefltdriver82
Naked and offensive
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a trip
Re: 80-year-old woman arrested for growing marijuana; man killed by police (OR) [Re: mr.bixby]
    #9921373 - 03/06/09 05:58 AM (15 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

suburbantoker said:
Shoot first, ask questions later.  :thumbup:

This implies that they are even asking questions later.

Seems more like:
Shoot first, try to explain why you shot later.

Since they will shoot someone then only "find" evidence that confirms there story.

--------------------
The Fourth Amendment gives every American the right to refuse any search without a warrant.

Say hello to my friend, his name is George.
Every other ? you have is answered here

:mushroom2:In soviet russia, mushroom trips on you

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale