Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineredplainjane
funky fresh

mixing drugs
    #991451 - 10/24/02 11:00 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i shroomed the day before yesterday. me and my friend watched wizard of oz (with pink floyd's dark side playing over it). we were smoking the green stuff all through the trip and we were fine. a friend offered to smoke us out with opium to ease the comedown, so we did. afterwards, i felt really really sick. my hearing bottomed out and all i could hear was a horrendous ringing in my head. i couldn't see anything and i just crumpled to the groud. after about 5 minutes of one of the worst feelings i've ever been through, i was fine. mind you, i was still slightly tripping and scared the living crap out of me.

what i'm wondering is what the hell happened to me? i've shroomed many times before and never has anything like this happened. i marked it up to the opium, since i'm not a huge fan and don't smoke it often. anyone have any ideas? s'all appreciated. :grin: 

--------------------
"remember we are all eternal; all this pain is an illusion.."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebowling-name
sleuth

Loc: Mirror in the Sky
Re: mixing drugs [Re: redplainjane]
    #991664 - 10/25/02 12:05 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

A common side effect of opiates (at least the first few times) is nausea.  With the effects of psilocybin still fresh (or ongoing) and possibly potentiated by the cannabis, you were probably more vulnerable to the negative effects of Opium than you may have usually been. 

The combination might cause problems in addition, but this is just speculation as I believe all the drugs you listed have distinct modes of action and I can't think of any reason (in terms of their neuropharmacology) why they would be contraindicated.     

Still, it would probably be advisable to avoid "overmedicating" during future psychonautic excursions...  :smile: 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder