Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineElementsToLife
Overanalyzer Of Things
Male

Loc: Fl
Blue Planet
    #9912886 - 03/04/09 08:20 PM (15 years, 27 days ago)

IMO is one of the most interesting things to watch while baked.

Yes, everything is more appealing while baked; I watch a lot of comedies (Anchorman, Grandma's Boy, etc) and listen to a lot of music (Floyd), but Blue Planet is one of the few educational shows I can tune into and actually enjoy.

Agree/Disagree?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSnaggletooth
Stranger in a Strange Land
Male User Gallery

Loc: blinks stupidly
Re: Blue Planet [Re: ElementsToLife]
    #9913280 - 03/04/09 09:16 PM (15 years, 27 days ago)

Fuck yeah that series is kick ass man! :thumbup:

--------------------

Atheist Chat

Offlinekikthecan
uhh
Male

Re: Blue Planet [Re: Snaggletooth]
    #9913300 - 03/04/09 09:18 PM (15 years, 27 days ago)

i love watching animal planet, especially when whales or elephants are on. i don't know why but things that are humongous are just so damn funny.

--------------------

3 At start, no has lyte. An Ceiling Cat sayz, i can haz lite? An lite wuz.4 An Ceiling Cat sawed teh lite, to seez stuffs, An splitted teh lite from dark but taht wuz ok cuz kittehs can see in teh dark An not tripz over nethin.

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#9913313 - 03/04/09 09:19 PM (15 years, 27 days ago)

yep, good stuff, high or not :thumbup: i think the 'planet earth' series takes the cake though, i've yet to see anything that even comes close. what happened to the days when discovery channel would have documentaries like this all the time? i used to hear david attenborough's voice way more often.

Offlineteaparty
Don'tHaveaCowMan
 User Gallery

Loc: The Steele City
Re: Blue Planet [Re: kikthecan]
    #9913324 - 03/04/09 09:20 PM (15 years, 27 days ago)

Blue Planet in HD is the most amazing thing ever while baked. The Universe on the History Channel is pretty good too, especially the episodes about galaxies or black holes.

--------------------
I'm so ahead of my time, my parents haven't met yet.

OfflineSnaggletooth
Male User Gallery

Re: Blue Planet [Re: teaparty]
    #9913338 - 03/04/09 09:21 PM (15 years, 27 days ago)

I would love to see it on HD!

--------------------

Atheist Chat

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: Blue Planet [Re: teaparty]
    #9913375 - 03/04/09 09:25 PM (15 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

teaparty said:
The Universe on the History Channel is pretty good too, especially the episodes about galaxies or black holes.

just watched an episode on m-theory and parallel universes :awesome:

OfflineSnaggletooth
Male User Gallery

Re: Blue Planet [Re: Hendostan]
    #9913377 - 03/04/09 09:26 PM (15 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Hendostan said:
Quote:

teaparty said:
The Universe on the History Channel is pretty good too, especially the episodes about galaxies or black holes.

Good can you explain it to me!..lol

--------------------

Atheist Chat

OfflineElementsToLife
Overanalyzer Of Things
Male

Loc: Fl
    #9913395 - 03/04/09 09:29 PM (15 years, 27 days ago)

Snaggletooth, I would love to explain it to you right now, but... I'm just too baked right now to be honest.

--------------------

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#9913784 - 03/04/09 10:19 PM (15 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Snaggletooth said:
Quote:

Hendostan said:
Quote:

teaparty said:

alright, here's my stoned cliff notes on parallel universes... keep in mind these ideas are basically just mathematics, there's really no way to do any research to find out if it's right or wrong... i think there are some rather intuitive conclusions though..

basically m-theory attempts to unite the theories of general relativity (big things: planets, stars, gravity, etc.) and quantum mechanics (small things: atoms, electrons, magnetism, etc.) but the equations from each theory don't apply to the other situation, they just break down and give nonsense answers. but its all happening in the same reality, right? so there has to be something missing that unites both theories.. m-theory attempts to do that by proposing that even the smallest particles we've seen are actually made up of little tiny vibrating strings that need about 11 dimensions in order to do what they need to do to make up the physical particles and matter that we are familiar with. we live in a 4 dimensional world and don't perceive the other dimensions because they are curled up super tiny. (think of sitting in a boat on the water.. it's a 2 dimensional situation, left right back forward, but just below you is a 3 dimensional world that you can can't perceive) they go on to say that every point in our universe is tethered by these strings to a membrane that makes up some larger multi-dimensional structure (think of a slice in a loaf of bread.) so our universe is held on it's membrane by 11D strings, which means other membranes could be less than a millimeter away from us, with as many universes as you can imagine but with no way of ever seeing them. (some think the weakness of gravity in comparison with other forces can be explained if it is diluted across membranes)
one of the principles of quantum mechanics states that you can never know both the position and speed of particles like electrons, you can only calculate the probability that it will be a certain place at a certain time (google 'heisenberg uncertainty principle' if you need elaboration). carrying that thought further, then the possibility of a single electron existing in two places at once is an absolute certainty, given enough time. and so, if you subscribe to the big bang, then you have to conclude that at some point in the past, the universe was smaller than an electron, and thus quantum mechanics applies to our universe, meaning that for every possibility, there must be a reality somewhere.
it all sounds like complete ridiculousness, i know, but you should read more about it. the ideas come from sound physical theories, it's just extending the application of those theories to some untested ground. i definitely recommend a book called 'the holographic universe'.. can't remember the author, or 'the elegant universe' by brain greene. it's pretty much unfathomable shit, but who the hell else is actually trying to ask and explore these questions, besides religious nuts.

Edited by Hendostan (03/04/09 10:25 PM)

OfflineSnaggletooth
Male User Gallery

#9913853 - 03/04/09 10:29 PM (15 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Hendostan said:
Quote:

Snaggletooth said:
Quote:

Hendostan said:
Quote:

teaparty said:

alright, here's my stoned cliff notes on parallel universes... keep in mind these ideas are basically just mathematics, there's really no way to do any research to find out if it's right or wrong... i think there are some rather intuitive conclusions though..

basically m-theory attempts to unite the theories of general relativity (big things: planets, stars, gravity, etc.) and quantum mechanics (small things: atoms, electrons, magnetism, etc.) but the equations from each theory don't apply to the other situation, they just break down and give nonsense answers. but its all happening in the same reality, right? so there has to be something missing that unites both theories.. m-theory attempts to do that by proposing that even the smallest particles we've seen are actually made up of little tiny vibrating strings that need about 11 dimensions in order to do what they need to do to make up the physical particles and matter that we are familiar with. they go on to say that every point in our universe is tethered by these strings to a membrane that makes up some larger multi-dimensional structure (think of a slice in a loaf of bread.) so our universe is held on it's membrane by 11D strings, which means other membranes could be less than a millimeter away from us, with as many universes as you can imagine but with no way of ever seeing them. (some think the weakness of gravity in comparison with other forces can be explained if it is diluted across membranes)
one of the principles of quantum mechanics states that you can never know both the position and speed of particles like electrons, you can only calculate the probability that it will be a certain place at a certain time (google 'heisenberg uncertainty principle' if you need elaboration). carrying that thought further, then the possibility of a single electron existing in two places at once is an absolute certainty, given enough time. and so, if you subscribe to the big bang, then you have to conclude that at some point in the past, the universe was smaller than an electron, and thus quantum mechanics applies to our universe, meaning that for every possibility, there must be a reality somewhere.
it all sounds like complete ridiculousness, i know, but you should read more about it. the ideas come from sound physical theories, it's just extending the application of those theories to some untested ground. i definitely recommend a book called 'the holographic universe'.. can't remember the author, or 'the elegant universe' by brain greene. it's pretty much unfathomable shit, but who the hell else is actually trying to ask and explore these questions, besides religious nuts.

Actually I am fimilure :wink: I love physics, I suck at physics but it's my first love of the sciences. Well Astronomy would have to be first, my head is always in the sky..lol

I was impressed with you summery, good job man. Seriously, I suck at explaining it but I can see it...I have no problem with the terms and theories, but I can discuss it worth a shit!!

--------------------

Atheist Chat

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#9913903 - 03/04/09 10:36 PM (15 years, 27 days ago)

well we should work together, cause i suck at the math part

OfflineSnaggletooth
Male User Gallery

#9913916 - 03/04/09 10:39 PM (15 years, 27 days ago)

You bring the weed I'll bring the food. Well I have weed to but...you know... :wink:

--------------------

Atheist Chat

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds