Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Valleys of Willamette Flag
Fucked up shit at work. Injustices are pissing me off!
    #9908054 - 03/04/09 12:37 AM (15 years, 19 days ago)

To start this thread, I have to mention a few things first.  I'm working at a liquor store here, full time with low wages, and no benefits.  I've got a few co-workers I trust, and a few co-workers I don't trust.  A total of 7 co-workers including my manager.  Now we're a small chain, owned by a local rich guy, and things aren't very comfortable there either.
I've been contemplating quitting myself.

Last week, after a chiropractor dislocated my clavicle joint, (whatever it's called, omnioclavicular or something?) I was given some Vicodin.  My co worker Diane started calling me, complaining how her 'script' would be out soon and how it would cost her $380 to refill her script.  She started asking me to bring her vicodin to work.  I told her I couldn't because they weren't mine and that I couldn't help her.  Two days after those calls Gary, another co-worker tells me she was calling him asking for weed and percocets.  I don't think much about it.

Monday, I come into work early and Diane and Annette, (Annette being my cocaine-addicted manager.  I'm convinced it's cocaine, it might be meth but I'm thinking it's coke) are whispering to each other about something when I came in early to work (after I just got back from the DMV and got my license back) to let them know I could drive to work again and didn't need a set schedule.  I hear Annette trying to be speaky saying "Don't mention Anything to anyone, anyone about being short." as I was leaving...

I got to work earlier and things seemed tense, another manager from another store was there, and he went and started digging through the trash.  I was worried because i was thinking they were going to blame me for stealing a beer or something and were trying to find evidence.  I had stolen a beer about a month ago when she threatened to fire me over something that ended up being her fault.  (She forgot to do a keg deposit right, and blamed me for a 120 dollar shortage on a register), I thought that's what they were looking for.  Maybe their inventory was short that one rogue beer.  Yes I have a guilty conscience because of it, please no comments about it.
I went out to my car on my break after being sent repeatedly to the beer cooler to stalk, and I called my co-worker Gary to say "things seem really fucking weird at work."  That's when he told me that $1,000 was missing.  I found out through numerous resources (co-workers), he wrote up the deposit slip, but Diane was the one who took it to the bank.  Now when Diane got to the bank, mysteriously $1,000 was missing.

Today they had Interviews with the three people they fired (they fired three because three people that day knew the combination, but only two were involved, those two blamed each other and the third, who is not responsible, and I know she isn't because I was in the office with her talking to her everytime she had the safe open), and during the interviews Annette constantly bothered the General manager and everytime would completely defend Diane, calling Gary a thief.

I feel sick with the way things are looking and how things are going.  I don't know how to deal with this situation or open my fucking owner's eyes (owner works at an office in a different part of town).  I am thinking of walking out 2 days before St. Patricks' day, and quitting At the main office, but explaining my reasons with legitimate intentions, and let them understand Icannot work under these conditions, and that anytime I could be blamed for theft, and that they are blind to having a manager and a co-worker being best friends as a problem, especially considering she's a stand-in manager.

I'm just pissed with all of this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThe_Ghost
ゴースト

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USG Ishimura Flag
Re: Fucked up shit at work. Injustices are pissing me off! [Re: Maverick]
    #9908083 - 03/04/09 12:45 AM (15 years, 19 days ago)

That's pretty gay. Give it a bit more time, maybe justice will be served?

--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Fucked up shit at work. Injustices are pissing me off! [Re: The_Ghost]
    #9908087 - 03/04/09 12:46 AM (15 years, 19 days ago)

Yeah, when I walk out 2 days before paddy's and leave them without a beer manager.

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
    #9908377 - 03/04/09 02:06 AM (15 years, 19 days ago)

Definitely try to get another job lined up by St Paddy's, that'd be a great way to go out (as long as you aren't hurting for good references).

That sounds like a mighty shitty situation.  When I've done bank drops, they always have two people independently count the money before it goes out, then two people go together for the drop.  That way the only way cash is missing is if two people are in on it together and they can both get shitcanned together.

OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over Flag
    #9908413 - 03/04/09 02:26 AM (15 years, 19 days ago)

Do you have rent to pay? If you do, don't walk out. I did that because similar shit was going down at my work, and now I'm about to be homeless.

I just want a job :frown: no callbacks yet, fuck.

OfflineLouiscypher
The Ancient One
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Great PNW
Re: Fucked up shit at work. Injustices are pissing me off! [Re: Brugman]
    #9908434 - 03/04/09 02:42 AM (15 years, 18 days ago)

Stick it out for a while. Jobs are hard to come by right now. I don't know how things are in Reno as far as employment goes. But usually if you quit a job you can't draw unemployment. http://detr.state.nv.us/ESD%20Pages/ui%20eligibility.htm

You might line up something else before you quit. Are there surveillance tapes you could look at and see if the manage stole the money while no one was watching?

--------------------
1) Cars can hurt you.
2) You cannot fly.
3) It's never a good time to die.
4) Taking your clothes off will draw attention.
5) Keep your mouth shut at all times while in public.
6) Although you may see things that are not there, you won't NOT see things that are there.
7) Don't forget how to breathe.
8) Only carry: a house-key, some loose change, and your address in your shoe.
9) Nobody can tell that you are tripping until you tell them "I'm tripping".
10) No matter how fucked-up you think you are, you'll eventually come down.

Offlinechobumms
Pokemon Master
Male User Gallery

Re: Fucked up shit at work. Injustices are pissing me off! [Re: Louiscypher]
    #9908448 - 03/04/09 02:59 AM (15 years, 18 days ago)

I'd line up another job and quit that shit like a one night stand with a fat girl.

--------------------
[/url]
My "Faster Germination For Popcorn Substrate" TEK
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/8428361#8428361

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Fucked up shit at work. Injustices are pissing me off! [Re: chobumms]
    #9909901 - 03/04/09 11:48 AM (15 years, 18 days ago)

I'm really not sure if it's worth the stress to set up another job before i quit.  I am honestly contemplating leaving Nevada and heading up to Oregon.  I just have to figure out how to open the owner's eyes at this store when I leave (somehow untangle the web lies that my manager and co-worker have weaved together).

About the surveillance tapes. they told us there were hidden cameras in the office.  Now they are admitting there were none (the owner and managers) and they are going to be hiring a private investigator.

InvisibleLiquidkick
H2O
    #9909937 - 03/04/09 11:54 AM (15 years, 18 days ago)

Hey buddy, this is America...

If you want to make stuff known its called a lawsuit. 

Let me tell you exactly what you should sue for. 

Hostile Environment.

enjoy.

LOL

Offlineunretarded
Tick and poisionoak collector
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali
Re: Fucked up shit at work. Injustices are pissing me off! [Re: Liquidkick]
    #9909995 - 03/04/09 12:04 PM (15 years, 18 days ago)

As the jobless rate soars this will only get worse over time.

--------------------
I love our leaders and the feds ,they are great people and the laws they make help us!:rofl2:

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
    #9912431 - 03/04/09 07:00 PM (15 years, 18 days ago)

Even if you up and leave Nevada to come to Oregon, I'd still try to line up a job here in advance. The unemployment rate is pretty high and it's an effort to find any decent work.  I'm working a pretty shitty job right now, even though I've been applying like mad to jobs in my field for months.

An article in the Willamette Week (portland weekly free paper) said that a generic craigslist ad for a restaurant that was hiring got over 1000 applications in two days or something like that :eek:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale