Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShRo_0My
KillaHo

Loc: overTHErainbow, BC
found in moss
    #989606 - 10/24/02 01:04 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

heya everyone, i found one singal mushy in a mossy area, there were other mushrooms around, but they were very small, so i didnt pick them. i havnt quite got a spore print yet, but the cap is a very light brown (around the ege) and it kinda turns into very brown at the top (center) the cap is wavy and the gills are white..almost tan/white. the stem is very bruised, it almost looks like the whole stem is bruised right now......any help? and if i eat this one singal mushroom and it is poisonous, will i die?
thankjs evryone

--------------------
Evil is anointed, get disappointed
Guillotine to your spleen
You'll get defeated, you can't beat it, join it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: found in moss [Re: ShRo_0My]
    #989617 - 10/24/02 01:11 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Uhh dude,
you really should NOT eat it. It could be extremely poisonous. Why would you want to eat a single mushroom and just have the worst stomach pains ever and get admitted into the hospital because you ate a fucking mushroom?!?!

Ok, first off READ the post by Anno above. He states how ID requests should be written, this makes it much easier to ID. There are a hundred mushrooms that could fit your description.

Anyways, what is the color of the stem, is it hollow, or what. And, if its bruising, what color is it bruising.

Lastly, if you are looking for an active mushroom, white gills are not the best kind to be toying with.

OfflineShRo_0My
KillaHo

Re: found in moss [Re: angryshroom]
    #989632 - 10/24/02 01:16 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

yah, i dont think it is a magic mushy anymore. i did read the ID post, but i dont have a camera, and i dont wanna wait for the spores to fall off lol. the stem is not hollow, and its bruising black. at the very top of the stem, where i cut the cap off,it is kind of pinkish. when i picked it, the stem was white.

--------------------

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #989651 - 10/24/02 01:23 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

alright, #1 most important thing-- If you're going to impatient, don't hunt mushrooms. You HAVE to wait for a spore print, they are crucial.

Briusing black you say? Sounds like you've got a Galerina, they're deadly toxic. If the spore print comes out rusty brown, then you've got a Galerina. I'm just hoping you didn't eat it, or you could be in for a trip to the hospital.

OfflineShRo_0My
KillaHo

Re: found in moss [Re: Gumby]
    #989668 - 10/24/02 01:31 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

naw dont worry i didnt...always take idvice from you guys first....damn you guys are smart!!! ya it dosent look like a mushy id eat anyways. thankjs guys...goin out hunting for more....

can anyone tell me what mushrooms i can find in Victoria, BC canada?
thanks.

--------------------

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#989704 - 10/24/02 01:44 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah bruising black aint a good sign :wink:

You can find Liberty caps :smile:

Do a search here for pics of Liberty caps and Psilocybe semilanceata

Heres the description

LATIN NAME(S)  Psilocybe semilanceata  (Fr.)Kummer
ENGLISH NAME(S)  liberty-cap
NOTES  features include small size, smooth sharply conical cap (which is at least slightly viscid, and is chestnut-brown to brown or olive-brown, fading to tan, olive-buff, or yellowish as it dries), stem that is whitish or with brownish base, sometimes with bluish or blue-green tinge in age, growth in tall grass, and dark purple-brown spore deposit; rarely bruises bluish because high in psilocybin not psilocin; found at least BC, WA, OR
CAP  0.5-2.5cm broad and high, narrowly conical to bell-shaped with a pointed umbo, scarcely expanding in age, incurved and sometimes wavy in youth; extremely hygrophanous, chestnut-brown to brown or olive-brown, fading to tan, olive-buff, or even yellowish as it dries, often darkened by spores, sometimes with bluish or olive stains; at least slightly viscid when moist, smooth, margin translucent-striate
FLESH  very thin; pallid, bruises blue slightly if at all, but may age olive or slightly bluish
GILLS  adnate to adnexed or separating, crowded, narrow; pallid, soon becoming brownish or gray, then finally dark purple-brown or chocolate-brown, edges whitish
STEM  3-10cm x 0.75-0.2(0.3)cm, equal, often curved or sinuous, pliant, stuffed with fibrous pith; whitish or with brownish base, sometimes with a bluish or blue-green tinge in age, especially at base, or may age olive or slightly bluish, bruises blue especially at base, attached mycelium may become bluish tinged, especially during drying; smooth
VEIL  absent or rudimentary (thinly cortinate), may leave obscure zone of fibrils, usually darkened by spores
ODOR  not distinctive
TASTE  slightly unpleasant, grassy
EDIBILITY  hallucinogenic, not as potent as cyanescens but more than pelliculosa, 0.2-2.4% psilocybin, no psilocin, 0.2-0.36% baeocystin
HABITAT  widely scattered to gregarious in pastures, tall grass, clumps of sedge grass in damper parts of fields, etc., but not dung, fall to early winter, less common in spring
SPORE DEPOSIT  dark purple-brown
MICROSCOPIC  spores 11-14 x 7-9 microns, elliptic, smooth, presumably with germ pore; basidia 4-spored, chrysocystidia absent on gills, pleurocystidia few to absent, cheilocystidia 18-35 x 4.5-8 microns, flask-shaped with an extended neck bent both ways, often forked
NAME ORIGIN  means half spear-shaped, from shape of cap
SIMILAR  pelliculosa which is less narrowly conical, grows under conifers, and has a more pronounced tendency to bruise or age blue-green, like a form of Panaeolus sphinctrinus that grows inland on manure (Schalkwijk-Barendsen says semilanceata is on seacoasts only)
SOURCES  Arora, Phillips*, Lincoff(2)*, Schalkwijk-Barendsen*, Kibby*, Courtecuisse*, Stamets*, Guzman, Barron*
FAMILY  Strophariaceae of Order Agaricales

OfflineShRo_0My
KillaHo

#991275 - 10/24/02 10:15 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

AWWWWW guys....i just looked at a picture of my mushroom, that i threw out because you guys said it wqas bad....UGHHHHH, not your fault but im blaming it on you guys lol....it was a cyanescen!!!!!! dammit, what did i explain wrong???

--------------------

OfflineShRo_0My
KillaHo

#991286 - 10/24/02 10:17 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I know where i found this shroom, will more be growing where i picked it???
what im getting at is, do cyan's grow in groups???
thanks...i think its time to hunt!

--------------------

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#991484 - 10/24/02 11:08 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

It most likely was not a cyan, why? because it would be a blue, not a black!

Yes, they do grow in groups. Cyans also grow off of woodchips, not moss.

They have a veil, and the spore deposit is a purple brown

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#991492 - 10/24/02 11:10 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Not to mention the gills are not a whitish, they are much more grey.

Maybe you did get a cyan, but... look at the descriptions , not just a picture.

OfflineShRo_0My
KillaHo

#991670 - 10/25/02 12:08 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

the stem bruised a dark colour, i could not tell if it was black or blue. All im talking about is the cap...the cap of the cyan i saw in the erowid pic, was the exact same cap that I picked....Do any other mushrooms have the same light brown turning dark into the centre cap, and the same bruising (sum dark colour) as a cyan? if there is please let me know...thank you. the gills where an off-wjhite colour.
peace.
thank you.

--------------------

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #991739 - 10/25/02 12:32 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

when a psilocybian mushroom bruises you know it's blue, there's no ambiguity. i've seen a lot of people get exited and bring me a "bluing" mushroom only for me too look and see that it's bruising brown. it's mosty because they wanna see blue. anyway, from your description i'd say there's no way it was a cyan.
good luck with the hunt.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Edited by concretefeet (10/25/02 12:34 AM)

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #991992 - 10/25/02 06:10 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

There are many mushrooms that can fit that description, including poisonous ones.
It is a common mistake for the untrained eye (aka newbs) to confuse species by looking at pics. You have to count not only the aspect (color, size, shape) but also the texture, hardness, habitat , temperature, humidity, etc, etc, etc .

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Invisiblesubterranean
Peaceful Warrior
Loc: on the road
Re: found in moss [Re: MAIA]
    #992112 - 10/25/02 09:23 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i really don't have much to add, except to say i'm a newbie to picking and this weekend i picked my first active shrooms. i wasn't sure i would know if a mushroom was bruising blue if and when i found one. i have been actively picking for about a month and many times my eyes wanted to see blueness when there wasn't any on the non-active shrooms i was picking.

when the oldtimers say you will notice the blue, they are dead on. there was no mistaken the blueness on the wiellis i picked. none.

just enjoying the hunt......nothing more......nothing less

--------------------
If you got one foot in yesterday
And one foot in tomorrow
You are pissin' all over today

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate