Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehyper_dermic
stranger withcandy

Loc: the land of excess
Honey water Tek Basic questions.....
    #989193 - 10/24/02 09:57 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

ok, so ive been looking to get the most out of my cakes....
the honey water tek seems to be a good way to do....
How many people here have actually tried it?
it seems too good to be true.. i wonder why more people dont do it?

my question is,
say i have a 1/2 jar all honeyed up and PCed for 30min at 15.....
now i have a spent cake (post 2nd or 3rd flush)
so in theory i take a chunk of spent cake and throw it in the honey water after dunking it in diluted H2o2 for a while.....
How long is a while? will a quick dip suffice? or does it have to sit for a few hours?
and how diluted are we talkin about?

thanks in advance...
[hyp]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: Honey water Tek Basic questions..... [Re: hyper_dermic]
    #989278 - 10/24/02 10:28 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, this tek is great.  :smile:  I've been using the Karo tek, which is just the honey tek but substituting Karo syrup for honey. I have not tried starting it with a spent cake. After the Karo solution is sterilized I drop in some spores from a print and in about 10 days the mycelia is ready to draw up and inject.

Only drawback is contams. If your culture jar gets contamed and it goes unnoticed you can easily inject dozens of jars with contaminants. Just have to watch it closely. 

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
    #989385 - 10/24/02 11:07 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I've used it with some pretty good sucsess using hummingbird food. Infact I've got some growing now. The times that I've used mycellia to colonize liquid, I've never used any H202, not to say that it isn't necissary. The reason to do so would just be to kill whatever bacteria may be on the mycellia so that the jar doesn't get infected. Just a few seconds should do the trick. As far as concentration is concerned, I don't think that it really matters. You could probably use just straight peroxide and you'd be fine. It isn't nearly anywhere as harsh as bleach.

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

Edited by I_Fart_Blue (10/24/02 01:29 PM)

Offlinehyper_dermic
stranger withcandy

Loc: the land of excess
Re: Honey water Tek Basic questions..... [Re: dog]
    #989527 - 10/24/02 12:26 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I just got some Karo from the store today... im gonna give it a shot tonight or tommorw.....

still dunno how to do the spent cake thingie tho....
anyone anyone?

]hyp]

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1093633 - 11/28/02 11:53 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

DETAILS....DETAILS....DETAILS.....

Ratio of honey to water?

What type of honey?

Do you mix the mycelium before makintg syringes?

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
Re: Honey water Tek Basic questions..... [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1093653 - 11/28/02 11:58 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

i've used with not good results i dont know why. maybe not enough mycellium in syringe when i drew it up. ratio was 1tsp of karo to 100ml of water in a half pint. pc'd @ 10psi for 20 minutes. polyfill lid which i shot up with. after 10 or 20 days u should have ALOT of mycellium.

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates