Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinetraviedigital
Stranger

Social Confinement
    #9868981 - 02/26/09 11:31 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

To me, it seems that Society, over the last 20-30 years or so, has placed an intense stigma about college life. Today, college is "the best four years of your life" where you are "supposed" to party, meet new people, date/sleep around. You do not need to do any of the above, to learn about your self, and grow. There was a time when pupils attended college for higher learning, for their future betterment, not to get drunk for the next 8-10 years or their lives. Kids today, go to the same parties with the same kids, for years and years. The mass, uncomfortable with themselves, need a social identify, to gratify themselves as accepted. Myself, being the complete polar opposite, was not to enthralled  with the party scene much after a year or two.

I graduated from college last may. I have a very close friend, a couple years younger, still in college. I have been head over heels for his sister since I met her when she was 16. She is just about to graduate high school.

The nature of this girl, would be very similar to mine, in the sense that she does not need gratification from others, and does not use others for survival and self identification. I should also say, she is South African, and moved to the U.S in the mid 90's, so she is not too American. I can tell, that the freedom of college excites her, to some extent.

Basically Im interested and just sharing the feelings I described above, with her. I guess, kind of just show her, look, this is the bullshit out there, this is the incredible-ness right here.

Any ideas/thoughts/ on my ideas, or how to attack this sticky situation? ? ?

Pufff Pufff Puffffffffffff

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: Social Confinement [Re: traviedigital]
    #9869008 - 02/26/09 11:35 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

You are afraid that the girl of your dreams is going to become a coked-out party slut?  You will not be able to idolize her as you do once she has had a handful of bros run through her shit during nights of booze-soaked passion?

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot

Loc: Flag
Re: Social Confinement [Re: daimyo]
    #9869014 - 02/26/09 11:36 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

:omgz:

OfflineNastyDHL
Male User Gallery

Loc: New England
    #9869065 - 02/26/09 11:46 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Hey man, I feel the same way about college, only I'm going through the situation right now, feeling like I am imposing feelings of alienation on myself while trying to grow up and figure things out, without a jaded view on the world. 

ANYWAYS, back to your post...You just need to tell her honestly and from the heart.  Don't let it be something you have scripted in your head.  Just speak compassionately direct and honest with her.  To be honest, I'm not sure if I completely understand your dilemma, the problems you are facing with this girl...are you afraid to tell her how you feel about her personally? or what you think about her in college or what?

Offline4ohdmt
between reality and nonsense
 User Gallery
    #9869097 - 02/26/09 11:50 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

daimyo said:
You are afraid that the girl of your dreams is going to become a coked-out party slut?  You will not be able to idolize her as you do once she has had a handful of bros run through her shit during nights of booze-soaked passion?

That's awful, lol
Like, wow, it even freaked me out, damn

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: New York Flag
Re: Social Confinement [Re: 4ohdmt]
    #9869505 - 02/26/09 01:05 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

4ohdmt said:
Quote:

daimyo said:

That's awful, lol
Like, wow, it even freaked me out, damn

yeah, i was about to say... OUCH! you got burned! :onfire:

but yeah, she might have the same kind of mindset now, but wait till she goes to college. its only natural for most people to want to fit in. it depends on the people she meets really. if you meet party people, youre going to party. if you meet laid back people, youll be laid back. humans for the most part are products of their social environment.

Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

Loc: ohio
    #9869544 - 02/26/09 01:12 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

daimyo said:

:lol:

The girl sounds a bit young, what 18 and not even graduated from HS (till what, june) and you are 23 and out of college. Seems like a decent split there at least assuming she might need/want to expend some immature stupidness in college for a year or something. Dunno what we can tell ya man :ooo:

--------------------
Jesus loves you.

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: Social Confinement [Re: Platinum]
    #9869572 - 02/26/09 01:15 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Hahaha, I didn't mean for it to be like that.  I just get this sense that a grown man is knowingly setting himself up for epic heart failure when this possibly sheltered, teenage girl goes off and discovers college life.

I mean, if you're into the bitch, tell her, and see what happens.  You'll be much more upset if you sit idly by, than if she comes back skankified.  But don't, for even one second, think that you can "protect" the purity you see.

And even before that, it would be wise to inform your friend that you intend to bang his sister.  Or, at the very least, seriously consider the potential ramifications.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #9869776 - 02/26/09 01:43 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

traviedigital said:
Basically Im interested and just sharing the feelings I described above, with her. I guess, kind of just show her, look, this is the bullshit out there, this is the incredible-ness right here.

Any ideas/thoughts/ on my ideas, or how to attack this sticky situation? ? ?

So you're trying to get this girl to think like you think?  If you love this girl, let her do what she wants to do.  Just live your own values, and if they resonate with her, then fine.  If she's going to find the party life to be too shallow for her tastes, she'll figure it out on her own rather than take your word for it.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

OfflineF0SS1L
Prehistoric Cyborg

Loc: 216
    #9869797 - 02/26/09 01:46 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

My gf turned into a cunt and dumped me 4 months into college and then joined a sorority. Don't get your hopes up :lol:

Seriously though if you like her just tell her. College is only going to make things change.

--------------------
That's me on the street with a violin under my chin. Playing with a grin, singing gibberish.

OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

#9870212 - 02/26/09 02:58 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Thats one of the reasons why a college degree now is about as useful as a high school degree was 50 years ago.

Fucking everyone goes to college now, and rather than learn, most people just party and do the minimum to get the piece of paper with their name on it.

Now, you have to get a masters or doctorate to be equal to what a college degree was 50 years ago.

Also, I really think if they lowered the drinking age back to 18, there would be a little less partying in college.  A lot of people just enjoy getting shit faced when they're freshmen so they have "awesome" stories to tell about how they got an upper classman to buy them booze and then they got so wasted they passed out in someone else's house.

--------------------
My name is Mud

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order