Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNihlus
ζ
Male

Loc: PNW
Really weird/scary thing happening to me when I get high now...
    #9864062 - 02/25/09 04:11 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I was just gonna post this in the recent thread about panic attacks on weed but I kind of want more specialized responses to this post because I'm really curious to see what people have to say about these symptoms in particular. I'll try my best to describe it.

I had a pretty bad "panic attack" per se when I smoked about a gram with my friend on the comedown of a mushroom trip last week. I had a blast on the mushrooms, then when we smoked I continued to have a blast until...

I'm sitting there with that white noise you hear when everything is silent. It's a little stronger than usual and I have some weird floaty high going on in my head too. I can feel my pulse and hear my heartbeat. Then all the sudden they all stop (obviously the heart is still working but in this split second it feels like it stops) and everything sort of goes silent for a second and my head feels all different. Then in that split second I feel like I'm gonna fall over and die. My mind thinks, "that's it... it's over. I should be losing consciousness now..." Then this huge rush of fear and adrenaline runs up my body and then I freak out about it.

This repeats over and over for like and hour and a half. I had to just stay standing until it stopped because it's WAY worse when sitting or laying down.

My tolerance to weed is crazy high. It barely feels like anything anymore so I smoke a ton to feel it, but then my brain just feels overloaded and this thing happens. The weed is what does it, the mushrooms just enhanced it last time. I'm gonna take a long tbreak and see what happens. Because putting up with this shit is NOT fun at all. :frown:

Can anyone relate to this or offer any suggestions? Obviously taking a break for a while is the best plan. I just hope this doesn't happen after the break.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBurnintreez321
Worthless lazy stoner
Male

Loc: Illinois
Re: Really weird/scary thing happening to me when I get high now... [Re: Nihlus]
    #9864222 - 02/25/09 04:41 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I get that exact same feeling when Im up getting high late at night alone sometimes.  My tolerance is realy high to and every so often that "rush" you speak of  comes over me and I stand up usualy repeating "what the fuck what the fuck" and have to walk outside into the fresh air to feel like I can breath.  My chest gets super tight and it feels like I can't breathe deep enough and like my lungs arent expanding it realy sucks.

--------------------
If you dont smoke weed then you are a faggot for real not joking.

OfflineStoi
BuddingTripper
Male

Loc: NZAucklandiiVille
Re: Really weird/scary thing happening to me when I get high now... [Re: Burnintreez321]
    #9864351 - 02/25/09 04:58 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

To both above, I smoke everyday and I dont know about combining with shrooms cause i havent done them for a while, but I have a mean tolerance for bud now and I get crazy all-consuming vertigo if I reach about 10+ decent cones over about an hour or so every time I rip one. After a while this leads to a chronic headache that doesnt go away with ibprofen or paracetamol and can last the whole day. When it first started happening it kind of freaked me out, but now i just space out my bowls and its all g. :gethigh:

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2: BREAK FREE :mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

"Someone described insanity as doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result each time. That's a perfect description of the war on drugs."

OfflinePureExpression
Dead Reckoner
Male

Re: Really weird/scary thing happening to me when I get high now... [Re: Burnintreez321]
    #9864364 - 02/25/09 05:01 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

When i was younger i would get the same effect but sober! I had my brain scanned at all kinds of shit but they said i was fine.

Recently my brother(step actually) went to the psych ward. He was on his way to visit me in michigan from ohio and stopped in detroit to skateboard without his shirt in the middle of winter! He has been up for like 2-3 days so he was kinda trippin, he thought he was a buddist and could tolerate anything. ANYWAYs he says the weed helped make him bipolar! When he wasn't high he felt low and then he would smoke and feel up then crash back to his low. I told him no way, but it is plausible

--------------------
"To be everything is to be nothing, and vice versa"- Serj

OfflinePOWAtrippinDiscord
Decidedly Undecided.
Male User Gallery

Loc: zone 9b
Re: Really weird/scary thing happening to me when I get high now... [Re: Stoi]
    #9864406 - 02/25/09 05:08 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe the pot is telling you to stop ABUSING it.  I smoke a lot of pot don't get me wrong, but if I ever notice I am smoking a lot to just get high I take a good long look at myself.

Also moldy bud can fuck with you, could be a possibility if it all came from the same stash.

--------------------
Don't believe everything you think.  TRADE LIST

‹Sell Your Soul› You know this place is owned and operated by the Illuminati, right?
‹lsdwithme› i possibly just smoked a rat turd :facepalm:

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: Really weird/scary thing happening to me when I get high now... [Re: POWAtrippin]
    #9864463 - 02/25/09 05:17 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

damn I feel like this lately. gonna take a break starting tommorow and drink beer instead

Offlinewilycoder
Stranger

Re: Really weird/scary thing happening to me when I get high now... [Re: skatealex2]
    #9864495 - 02/25/09 05:22 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

OP you had a panic attack plain and simple. Yes they suck.

Offlinelobotomix
Stranger

Re: Really weird/scary thing happening to me when I get high now... [Re: skatealex2]
    #9864542 - 02/25/09 05:31 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

the breath is very intimately connected to how you feel.
if you become stressed or scared your breath either goes faster,
or you start making long gaps between each breath.

it's best of all to make each breath out be followed by a breath in
immediately like your breathing in a circle.
so if u notice fear starting to get the better of you,
continue breathing nice and slowly.

preferably through the belly, not only because it is much healthier...
it's also been proven to be an effective treatment for Anxiety and Hyperventilation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shallow_breathing <- breathing wrong
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diaphragmatic_breathing <- breathing right

It also helps to smoke slowly and breath in air between your tokes.
If you smoke too fast this might be one of the triggers of a panic attack. (this is probably connected with the breath... possibly oxygen deficiency as well?)

OfflinePigasus
D.T.K.L.A.M.F.

Loc: slow death
Re: Really weird/scary thing happening to me when I get high now... [Re: lobotomix]
    #9864770 - 02/25/09 06:13 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

when I was new to smoking I'd sometimes have panic attack type things, It would feel like I was dying or something, but the logical person in my head was constantly reassuring me that it was just bud and that I couldn't die.

still felt like it though, I was just laying on my bed expecting to never wake up.

never happens to me really anymore, occasionally I'll recognize the same feeling, so it will be unpleasant but nowhere near a "panic attack".

although going blind for several minutes after blazing is scary as FUCK.

--------------------

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: Really weird/scary thing happening to me when I get high now... [Re: Pigasus]
    #9864792 - 02/25/09 06:17 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

yea that's a bug out. happened to me at animal collective concert, smoked too much my eyes were like the devil and I couldn't stand up, and I went blind for few minutes

OfflineNihlus
ζ
Male

Re: Really weird/scary thing happening to me when I get high now... [Re: lobotomix]
    #9864818 - 02/25/09 06:20 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

lobotomix said:
the breath is very intimately connected to how you feel.
if you become stressed or scared your breath either goes faster,
or you start making long gaps between each breath.

it's best of all to make each breath out be followed by a breath in
immediately like your breathing in a circle.
so if u notice fear starting to get the better of you,
continue breathing nice and slowly.

preferably through the belly, not only because it is much healthier...
it's also been proven to be an effective treatment for Anxiety and Hyperventilation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shallow_breathing <- breathing wrong
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diaphragmatic_breathing <- breathing right

It also helps to smoke slowly and breath in air between your tokes.
If you smoke too fast this might be one of the triggers of a panic attack. (this is probably connected with the breath... possibly oxygen deficiency as well?)

This is so true. It's kind of funny how I learned this. A while ago I ate a firecracker and eventually watched my roommate play Wii Fit for a while. I was starting to feel all panicky again and I noticed a yoga exercise on the screen. He was doing an exercise involving deep breathing. I followed along with the breathing part. All the panicky feelings completely disappeared. I called it "taking air hits" then imagined the oxygen entering my brain and calming it down. :lol:

During that last mushroom/weed trip I mentioned, I did do a lot of deep breathing exercises while standing there for an hour. It honestly did help but it didn't completely remove the symptoms. I didn't think to bring it up in this thread until you mentioned it. I was just concerned about not having these panic attacks at all. Still, having a calmed down mind is definitely a good thing in situations like these. Reminds me of a quote I like (although not entirely related heh) -

"The mind at peace is a still lake reflecting the moon."

Offlinedancewithshiva
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #9864834 - 02/25/09 06:22 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

yea i get that too. i don't smoke much pot anymore. when i do get one of those panic attacks, i try the breathing shit lobotomix suggested and i works like a charm. even makes me feel euphoric at times cause i overcame that bullshit and probably just from the breathing itself.

--------------------
"for even as love crowns you so shall he crucify you" - kahlil gibran
"all this will end and begin again" - ween

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: Really weird/scary thing happening to me when I get high now... [Re: Nihlus]
    #9864920 - 02/25/09 06:36 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Its a common effect of weed for many people myself included.  Theres other negative effects too that smokers like to ignore...

Its far worse if you smoke it regularly.

If you want to still smoke but keep it sweet, get a nice mellow strain and only smoke very small amounts, very occasionally.

Offlinelobotomix
Stranger

#9864932 - 02/25/09 06:37 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Nihlus said:
During that last mushroom/weed trip I mentioned, I did do a lot of deep breathing exercises while standing there for an hour. It honestly did help but it didn't completely remove the symptoms. I didn't think to bring it up in this thread until you mentioned it. I was just concerned about not having these panic attacks at all. Still, having a calmed down mind is definitely a good thing in situations like these. Reminds me of a quote I like (although not entirely related heh) -

"The mind at peace is a still lake reflecting the moon."

what is also recommended about the breathing,
is that you feel the breath go in and out of your body

it's not necessary to follow it go in and out,
rather you pay attention to "how" you feel it...
you might notice that the area where the breath slides through
there is sort of a subtle soft energy... i think this is "awareness".

this same awareness is spread over the whole body.
first becoming aware of the breath helps to become aware
of the whole body at once.

i think that awareness is very intimately connected with the sense of Self.
when you can feel that awareness, when you can feel that you are that awareness,
this automatically calms down the body and mind...
and also brings you more in control of your breath...
because this way it's like you feel the breath through your whole body.

(i'm kind of new at this but i know this sort of thing is what
they teach in Samatha-Vipassana, perhaps also in Tai Chi i'm not sure.. .so perhaps checking into that stuff might be off interest to you)

breathing in and out sloooowly is by itself supposed to help calm down the heartrate.

if none of this still doesn't help you calm down totally,
it may be because of the release of adrenaline (or something like that)
which speeds up da body big time.

anyway, i've also noticed that when the heart is beating faster than normal,
this feels worse when your sitting/laying or standing.
doing small activity like walking slowly probably makes the body more in tune with the elevated heartrate.

if your feeling exhausted then i guess standing may be the best option.
panic attacks suck :p

if the problem really can't be controlled mentally,
then perhaps a benzo would be the best option.
crushing the pill before swallowing makes it absorb into the blood quicker.

Edited by lobotomix (02/25/09 06:57 PM)

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #9865003 - 02/25/09 06:47 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Sometimes you just need to take a break. :shrug:

If your tolerance is so high you can't get stoned without smoking so much it gives you panic attacks, that sounds like a sign to me.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

OfflineNihlus
ζ
Male

Re: Really weird/scary thing happening to me when I get high now... [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #10014276 - 03/21/09 02:17 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

*Update*

After about a month break, it doesn't happen anymore. I don't get paranoid or panicky at all. And the first time I smoked after my tbreak I was completely ripped. Yay. :grin:

OfflinePOWAtrippinDiscord
Decidedly Undecided.
Male User Gallery

Loc: zone 9b
    #10014292 - 03/21/09 02:20 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

Sounds great, I am proud of you not being dumb and just continuing on doing what you were.

Breaks are probably the best part of smoking pot because you end up coming back to reality or normality.  So when you smoke again you get higher and you arn't just used to being like that.

I am smoking a bowl for/with you right now!

--------------------
Don't believe everything you think.  TRADE LIST

‹Sell Your Soul› You know this place is owned and operated by the Illuminati, right?
‹lsdwithme› i possibly just smoked a rat turd :facepalm:

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

#10015987 - 03/21/09 06:57 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Nihlus said:
*Update*

After about a month break, it doesn't happen anymore. I don't get paranoid or panicky at all. And the first time I smoked after my tbreak I was completely ripped. Yay. :grin:

This is good to know. I hope to renew my love for weed. weed gives me too much social anxiety when I smoke often

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract