Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineUrbex420
Stranger
Questionable Mushroom
    #9863431 - 02/25/09 02:48 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Last night I picked up an 8th through a friend who knows someone who grows.  When I got the stuff home I opened up the bag to find a bunch of small cubes that looked okay, and some weird black\brown pieces.  Heres some photos to illustrate what ive got here.
This is what I ate last night
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x240/sublifeue/shroom.jpg
Relatively mild dose.
These are some pics of what i consider to be "normal shrooms" by all accounts and experience
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x240/sublifeue/IMG_4426.jpg
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x240/sublifeue/IMG_4425.jpg
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x240/sublifeue/IMG_4424.jpg
All looks good to me... Then theres THIS
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x240/sublifeue/IMG_4423.jpg
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x240/sublifeue/IMG_4416.jpg
Not sure I trust these... they look awful dark brown to black in color and look like they have bits of the shit it was grown in stuck on it... is this safe to eat?  Is it contaminated?  Please help!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: Questionable Mushroom [Re: Urbex420]
    #9863576 - 02/25/09 03:03 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Wierd.

VERY little bluing at all. And are those caps orange?!?! Maybe its your camera or my eyes. And I swear I am seeing white spots on the caps...

Those last two pics are downright scary looking.... Although, If the shrooms dont get picked soon enough they turn kinda blackish. But those are freaky looking.

Did you trip?

Offlineelectrics
wave rider
Male User Gallery

Loc: In front of my Computer
    #9863580 - 02/25/09 03:03 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I hate to say yes and have you get sick but you're not going to. what you are use to seing are mushrooms dried before or right after their veils break, drying into a round cap. well cubensis is just like any other mushroom they grow out kinda like a saucer!! these are what you have the black being from other shrooms that have dropped spores. It is the same exact mushroom just at different stages of growth. If you don't like the way they look grind them up in a smoothie you'll trip just as hard!!! Have fun......e

--------------------
"Listen now I'm talking I've been here for weeks, waiting in this growing crowd staring at my feet, The world around me is Turning I'm just standing still, The time has come for changes do something or I will" Phish

OfflineUrbex420
Stranger
Re: Questionable Mushroom [Re: Shad0w]
    #9863660 - 02/25/09 03:14 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Shad0w said:
Wierd.

VERY little bluing at all. And are those caps orange?!?! Maybe its your camera or my eyes. And I swear I am seeing white spots on the caps...

Those last two pics are downright scary looking.... Although, If the shrooms dont get picked soon enough they turn kinda blackish. But those are freaky looking.

Did you trip?

It's probably my lighting, they're a light brownish more than orange really.  Last night I ate about a gram and a half of the regular looking cubes in the first picture (which is a normal dose for me, I don't take much, usually between 1 and 2 grams).  I did trip, but it was not as intense as the trip I got from my previous adventure.  The last time I had shrooms, They looked like this and I was off my rocker for 8 hours.
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x240/sublifeue/IMG_2910.jpg
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x240/sublifeue/IMG_2908.jpg
Best experience I've ever had!

I dont know what to make of these odd little things, I honestly have NO CLUE if it's mold, contamination, or late picking, or what.  I don't want to get violently ill... but I'm not sure I can bring myself to throw it out.

Also, those "white spots" are this gold-ish colored stuff, i think its bits of the vermiculite or whatever it is the stuff was grown in reflecting back at the camera. 

Edited by Urbex420 (02/25/09 03:19 PM)

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

#9863707 - 02/25/09 03:22 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

LOL, ok ya those look a LOT better

I would agree with electrics, It could be old age and sporulation. Would also hate for you to die, so cant recomend it unless you ARE SURE those arent some "backyard" shrooms the guy put in there to get the weight up.

I've had some of mine go too far on accident...... and they still didnt look THAT freaky tho >.<

BTW, growing is incredibly easy. and respectably cheap. And in a certain way, definatly more worry free.

Offlinelibertaire
liberator
Male

Re: Questionable Mushroom [Re: Shad0w]
    #9863729 - 02/25/09 03:27 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I would say those are just sporulation.  The reason I say this is cause the caps are way up turned, which is what happens when they get old.  The last pic in the first post is a cap completely inverted.  I'm fairly certain they're ok to eat.  Don't blame me if you die though.  They look generally normal to me though, just old.

Invisibleshroomiin
unprofound

Loc: Zone 6 Flag
Re: Questionable Mushroom [Re: libertaire]
    #9864599 - 02/25/09 05:40 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

eat it its fine. its just a dried up old cap.

OfflineCascadian
Feel like a Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cascadia
Re: Questionable Mushroom [Re: shroomiin]
    #9864665 - 02/25/09 05:54 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Looks to me like it was picked after maturing - homie wanted a spore print or didnt want to disturb the mushrooms around it.  Got a little floppy.

Then it also looks like it sat wet for a while - like homie put it in a plastic bag for 6 hours before actually starting the drying process - so its a bit gross - but its gonna be just about as potent.

Invisibleshroomiin
unprofound

Re: Questionable Mushroom [Re: Cascadian]
    #9864804 - 02/25/09 06:18 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

if your questioning wheather its safe to eat, im about 90% sure your straight. i mean, your not going to find some ninja death mushie in a bag full of good boomers. eat it and dont think twice.

OfflineRedrawing
Psychonaut

#9865084 - 02/25/09 06:59 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Those look fine. dig in. :psychsplit:

--------------------

I'm an insect who dreamt he was a man and loved it, but now that dream is over and the insect is awake

OfflineMindFood
Chemist
Male User Gallery

Loc: England
Re: Questionable Mushroom [Re: Redrawing]
    #9865136 - 02/25/09 07:09 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not an expert at ID'ing shrooms at all but the one at the front does look like it has white spots on it, and also a reddish tint. Amanitas have white spots on them and are a reddish colour so it could be an amanita, still psychoactive though and not gonna kill you. It's probably fine though but you may want to get some other opinions on that cause it may not be what you expect if you do eat it.

Edited by MindFood (02/25/09 07:13 PM)

OfflineUrbex420
Stranger
Re: Questionable Mushroom [Re: MindFood]
    #9865374 - 02/25/09 07:42 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MindFood said:
I'm not an expert at ID'ing shrooms at all but the one at the front does look like it has white spots on it, and also a reddish tint. Amanitas have white spots on them and are a reddish colour so it could be an amanita, still psychoactive though and not gonna kill you. It's probably fine though but you may want to get some other opinions on that cause it may not be what you expect if you do eat it.

They're def cubes, since they all came from the same batch\harvest.  the "white spots" are just pieces of vermiculite reflecting light at my camera lens.  On that note, should I be concerned about ingesting a little Vermiculite?  I read that it's non-toxic, but that doesn't necessarily translate into "safe" in my book.  The general consensus seems to be that the cap was just picked a bit late.  I just took a close look under some good light and it's not so much "black" as it is a very dark brown.  Looking into the gills and breaking it into pieces, it's dry as a bone - smells normal - and has no green or white or otherwise strange colors.  I'm beginning to think maybe I'm just being stupid about this, and its just darker than I'm used to.  Either way, I won't be taking what I have left 'till friday.  So if you dont hear back from me by then, assume I ate it and it killed me, lol.  If all goes well, I'll report back.  Thanks for the help. :stoned: :thumbup:

Invisibleshroomiin
unprofound

#9867797 - 02/26/09 04:17 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MindFood said:

yeah man dont go around spreading bs info, we allllllllll know thats no amanita lol...first of all who sells amanitas to begin with? completely diff. trip, again, your not going to find a random ass amanita cap in your bag full of cubes...

Offlinelibertaire
liberator
Male

#9867948 - 02/26/09 06:44 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

You shouldn't worry about eating verm, but inspect the mushies and wipe whatever you can find off if possible.  Good luck.

OfflineMindFood
Chemist
Male User Gallery

Loc: England
    #9867967 - 02/26/09 06:54 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

shroomiin said:
Quote:

MindFood said:
I'm not an expert at ID'ing shrooms at all but the one at the front does look like it has white spots on it, and also a reddish tint. Amanita have white spots on them and are a reddish colour so it could be an amanita, still psychoactive though and not gonna kill you. It's probably fine though but you may want to get some other opinions on that cause it may not be what you expect if you do eat it.

yeah man dont go around spreading bs info, we allllllllll know thats no amanita lol...first of all who sells amanitas to begin with? completely diff. trip, again, your not going to find a random ass amanita cap in your bag full of cubes...

Umm I'm not spreading bullshit info. Spreading bullshit info would be me saying don't eat that that's definitely an amnita. Not me stating my opinion of what species it may or may not have been.

I said in the post I'm no expert at ID'ing shrooms so take what I said with a pinch of salt. My confidence in it being an amanita was probably less than 10% but I still thought it was worth a mention, only trying to be helpful jeez. If they had been picked in the wild then they could have been mixed up with cubes, not much chance I know but still a possibility.

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

#9868364 - 02/26/09 09:08 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MindFood said:
Quote:

shroomiin said:
Quote:

MindFood said:
I'm not an expert at ID'ing shrooms at all but the one at the front does look like it has white spots on it, and also a reddish tint. Amanita have white spots on them and are a reddish colour so it could be an amanita, still psychoactive though and not gonna kill you. It's probably fine though but you may want to get some other opinions on that cause it may not be what you expect if you do eat it.

Umm I'm not spreading bullshit info. Spreading bullshit info would be me saying don't eat that that's definitely an amnita. Not me stating my opinion of what species it may or may not have been.

I said in the post I'm no expert at ID'ing shrooms so take what I said with a pinch of salt. My confidence in it being an amanita was probably less than 10% but I still thought it was worth a mention, only trying to be helpful jeez. If they had been picked in the wild then they could have been mixed up with cubes, not much chance I know but still a possibility.

If you are "10%" sure of an ID don't even state it, it could end up killing someone. I'm very new to the mushroom world, but I don't see how those could ever be mistaken for Amantia...

--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies