Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRussianScholar
Biological Entity
Male

Loc: Alpha Cluster #164
Weed and cig's
    #9857399 - 02/24/09 04:34 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Why is it that whenever i smoke a cigarette after i smoke a spliff/blunt, i seem to get higher?

--------------------
"The crisis is a crisis in consciousness. A crisis that cannot anymore accept the old norms, the old patterns, the ancient traditions, and considering what the world is now with all the misery, conflict, destructive brutality, aggression, and so on, man is still as he was, is still brutal, violent, aggressive, acquisitive, competitive, and he has built a society along these lines."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejimbotron
Patty-Cake Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: Weed and cig's [Re: RussianScholar]
    #9857409 - 02/24/09 04:36 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Speeds up your metabolism and heart rate, spreading more THC throughout your system... would be my guess.

--------------------
BEST TEAM IN THE UNIVERSE

OfflinePigasus
D.T.K.L.A.M.F.

Loc: slow death
Re: Weed and cig's [Re: jimbotron]
    #9857499 - 02/24/09 04:50 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

because nicotine + thc = more than just thc.

--------------------

OfflineAnarchyXx420xX
nomnomnom
Male User Gallery

Re: Weed and cig's [Re: Pigasus]
    #9857521 - 02/24/09 04:53 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Pigasus said:
because nicotine + thc = more than just thc.

cigarettes after I smoke weed make me feel :whoo:

--------------------
:apple: I love ratings :apple:

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: Weed and cig's [Re: AnarchyXx420xX]
    #9857546 - 02/24/09 04:57 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I outgrew ciggys a long time ago. happy to not have smoked one in pretty damn long. when I am high it makes me more aware of how nasty they are, rat poison and cancer entering the lungs.  I have nothing against cig smokers but I am happy to say that I would never touch a cig anymore, a jay on the other hand maybe  :bigblunt:

OfflineMkUltra117
The Man with The Plan
Male User Gallery

Re: Weed and cig's [Re: skatealex2]
    #9857842 - 02/24/09 05:47 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

skatealex2 said:
I outgrew ciggys a long time ago. happy to not have smoked one in pretty damn long. when I am high it makes me more aware of how nasty they are, rat poison and cancer entering the lungs.  I have nothing against cig smokers but I am happy to say that I would never touch a cig anymore, a jay on the other hand maybe  :bigblunt:

thats strange, its the opposite for me, the only time i enjoy tobacco smoking is when im stoned and it kinda makes me less tired and have more energy. on the other hand if im not high they just kinda seem nasty and make me feel shitty.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Weed and cig's [Re: MkUltra117]
    #9857890 - 02/24/09 05:58 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I don't smoke cigs anymore, but I used to love lighting one up after getting good and stoned.  Add alcohol into the mix and you've got the recipe for a headrush of delicious nicotinic euphoria.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: Weed and cig's [Re: MkUltra117]
    #9858012 - 02/24/09 06:12 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MkUltra117 said:
Quote:

skatealex2 said:

thats strange, its the opposite for me, the only time i enjoy tobacco smoking is when im stoned and it kinda makes me less tired and have more energy. on the other hand if im not high they just kinda seem nasty and make me feel shitty.

that's weird. another problem for me even back when I did smoke cigs, would be if I was smoking bongs, cigs would just hurt my lungs and throat even more than if I wasn't smoking ganJ

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: Weed and cig's [Re: deCypher]
    #9858047 - 02/24/09 06:16 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

deCypher said:
I don't smoke cigs anymore, but I used to love lighting one up after getting good and stoned.  Add alcohol into the mix and you've got the recipe for a headrush of delicious nicotinic euphoria.

I have been trying to quit for 3 weeks now..... have only gone 3 full days without a smoke....

But thats what I want. :tongue:

I want to grow some tobacco, use a long indian style pipe and take major rips of harsh, biting smoke , have my lungs clench a bit, and get a massive head rush while my extremities get numb.

Offlinealternatereality
Explorer
Female

Loc: Washington
Re: Weed and cig's [Re: skatealex2]
    #9858243 - 02/24/09 06:52 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

skatealex2 said:

Yeah, same here. I used to be a social smoker, but then I realized how stupid it was. It's like paying the government for a slow death.

--------------------

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: Weed and cig's [Re: alternatereality]
    #9858249 - 02/24/09 06:54 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

alternatereality said:
Quote:

skatealex2 said:

Yeah, same here. I used to be a social smoker, but then I realized how stupid it was. It's like paying the government for a slow death.

haha yea. we seem to agree on many things :mushroom2:

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: Weed and cig's [Re: RussianScholar]
    #9858912 - 02/24/09 08:26 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Probably part placebo...I hear this from so many people, "Dude, smoke a cigarette after you blaze and it increases your high by 2x"

Apart from the likely placebo effect. Smoking weed actually opens up your lungs an allows more oxygen intake, or whatever else you are inhaling. So, when smoking a cig after blazing you are going to probably get more nicotine into your system rather than smoking a cig before blazing....Producing a bit more a a nicotine rush.

But another downfall of smoking a cig after toking. Since weed does open up your lungs all those tars and carcinogens from the cig have a chance to work there way into you even that much more. Nicotine constricts the lungs, THC does the opposite.

There have been several studies, though, that show people who are daily cig smokers and daily pot smokers have a lesser chance of developing lung cancer than those that are just solely daily cig smokers....

--------------------

InvisibleReefaCheefa
Gimme Reefer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: Weed and cig's [Re: openmind]
    #9874926 - 02/27/09 07:43 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

openmind said:
Probably part placebo...I hear this from so many people, "Dude, smoke a cigarette after you blaze and it increases your high by 2x"

Apart from the likely placebo effect. Smoking weed actually opens up your lungs an allows more oxygen intake, or whatever else you are inhaling. So, when smoking a cig after blazing you are going to probably get more nicotine into your system rather than smoking a cig before blazing....Producing a bit more a a nicotine rush.

But another downfall of smoking a cig after toking. Since weed does open up your lungs all those tars and carcinogens from the cig have a chance to work there way into you even that much more. Nicotine constricts the lungs, THC does the opposite.

There have been several studies, though, that show people who are daily cig smokers and daily pot smokers have a lesser chance of developing lung cancer than those that are just solely daily cig smokers....

Actually, cigarettes are a mild MAOI. I would assume this plays a bigger role than placebo effect :smile:

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: Weed and cig's [Re: ReefaCheefa]
    #9874956 - 02/27/09 07:49 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ReefaCheefa said:
Quote:

openmind said:

Actually, cigarettes are a mild MAOI. I would assume this plays a bigger role than placebo effect :smile:

:orly:  :macdre:

--------------------

InvisibleReefaCheefa
Gimme Reefer
Male User Gallery

#9874959 - 02/27/09 07:50 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

openmind said:
:orly:  :macdre:

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: Weed and cig's [Re: ReefaCheefa]
    #9874972 - 02/27/09 07:53 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Haha...

Well i must admit i never knew that.

--------------------

InvisibleReefaCheefa
Gimme Reefer
Male User Gallery

#9874987 - 02/27/09 07:57 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I haven't actually "looked into it", but yea cigs are a mild maoi, so I would only assume that this is what seems to intensify the effect.

Offlinedoom876
Stranger

Re: Weed and cig's [Re: Shad0w]
    #9875599 - 02/27/09 09:52 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Shad0w said:
Quote:

deCypher said:

I have been trying to quit for 3 weeks now..... have only gone 3 full days without a smoke....

But thats what I want. :tongue:

I want to grow some tobacco, use a long indian style pipe and take major rips of harsh, biting smoke , have my lungs clench a bit, and get a massive head rush while my extremities get numb.

The nicotine content in un heat treated tobacco is such, that if you smoked it like weed it would kill you, dead. The indians only took it into their mouth, not even into their lungs, and some still couldn't take it.

--------------------

Fight for a large loving government that can take care of its people, kill our criminals, and preform the huge industrial tasks our corporate overlords refuse(wanna greenwash me some more Exon?)

Not this weak travesty that let millions starve and sucks corporate cock while failing at every turn.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Weed and cig's [Re: doom876]
    #9877283 - 02/27/09 01:45 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Yep.  In fact, if you dissolved a cigar in a glass of water and drank it, you would die.  Nicotine is a very effective poison.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflineTheGrip
Stranger
Male

Re: Weed and cig's [Re: deCypher]
    #9878666 - 02/27/09 04:22 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I know i cant quit cigs as long as i still smoke pot. but it seems to straighten my buzz out, im more cognative after a cig. but i have agree nicotine + THC = more than THC

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds