Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineflangenips
Batshitinsanse
 User Gallery

Loc: aotearoa Flag
Bad Flu, watch out.
    #9844557 - 02/22/09 02:31 PM (15 years, 28 days ago)

Too bad the govt supported flu shots don't arrive till march. I'm already infected. It's been about a week now and its really really bad at night and morning, but not so bad during the day.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1102485/Killer-Australian-flu-strain-set-spread-UK-experts-warn.html
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/medicine/news/article.cfm?c_id=255&objectid=10557056

Symptoms are congestion, not the worst i've had though. The other symptoms are much worse than any previous flu i've had.
Drowsiness.
Sore throat.
Aches all over.
Drunk feeling that makes driving fairly unsafe.
Heacaches.
Gut aches.
Fever - particularly bad during sleep.
And what can only be described as a really slow mind.

I've been cranking the lemon juice teas (i have a great lemon tree) but its not working to well. For the amount of Vit C i'm taking in i'd think i would piss alot more, but alas, hardly ever. Fluids are essential to keep up. Kinda hard when you're asleep though.

Getting behind on coursework is damn annoying. The worst part is only having limited leave so i'll have to turn up eventually.

The only other thing is it is easy to control if you're sensible. No kissing, no sharing cones, spliff or drinks, washing hands, disposing of tissues. My gf and flatmates have yet to be afflicted.

I recommend immunisation to those whos country or state have it on offer.

Anyone get this strain last year? What did you do to suppress the symptoms and get rid of it?

--------------------
All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher. - Ambrose Bierce

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCannashroom
Smoke two Joints
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: Bad Flu, watch out. [Re: flangenips]
    #9848963 - 02/23/09 08:32 AM (15 years, 27 days ago)

Vitamin D is the biggest player in preventing the flu, if you are deficient, you will catch a flu much easier.  Take 1000IU of vitamin D a day in the winter if you get no sun.  I cant get vitamin D eight months of the year where I live so most people get deficient by now when flu season is around, which is just vitamin D deficiency season.

I would recommend against immunization, strengthen your immune system permanently against all pathogens by eating well and exercising, furthermore doing this will also lower the severity of anything you do catch because your body will be better able to deal with it.

--------------------
"A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe'; a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest -- a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and affection for a few persons nearest us.

Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty.

Nobody is able to achieve this completely but striving for such achievement is, in itself, a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security."

Albert Einstein

Invisible1112r
Stranger
Re: Bad Flu, watch out. [Re: Cannashroom]
    #9849008 - 02/23/09 08:48 AM (15 years, 27 days ago)

Vitamin d isn't the most important, vitamin c is actually because humans lost the ability to produce their own vitamin c due to incomplete enyzme production from a mutation. This flu is also only deadly for old people and children. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Those vaccines that contain mercury do more harm than good. The recommended daily amount of vitamin C is too low. If you're really worried about getting the flu then take as much vitamin C as you can without getting diarrhea.

Stock up on vitamin c and get your vitamin D from natural sources if you can. Shiitake mushrooms and some other mushrooms when the gills are exposed to sunlight produce massive amounts of vitamin D.

Also try Host Defense from www.fungi.com

Offlineskydog
Coffee & Blunts
Male User Gallery

Re: Bad Flu, watch out. [Re: 1112r]
    #9850035 - 02/23/09 12:50 PM (15 years, 27 days ago)

I caught the flu last Friday, and it was a sonofabitch.  Ruined my whole weekend, and I missed classes today, so I'm just sitting here trying to medicate and do what homework I can and download old PC games to play.  :evildog:

--------------------
:yesnod::thumbup:

OfflineAJ4U
Cloud N9ne
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty Jersey
Re: Bad Flu, watch out. [Re: skydog]
    #9850414 - 02/23/09 02:13 PM (15 years, 27 days ago)

AHHHH FUCK ME THIS SHIT SUCKS.

Iv been in bed since sunday morning when i woke up with a hot fever, then came up the puking nd horrible gut pains, wrenching. I cant eat anything nd barely keep up with fluids, damn this sucks

--------------------

Offlineflangenips
Batshitinsanse
 User Gallery

Loc: aotearoa Flag
Re: Bad Flu, watch out. [Re: AJ4U]
    #9851265 - 02/23/09 04:39 PM (15 years, 27 days ago)

keeping up with fluids is damn hard when ya sweating constantly. I'm feeling a lot less feverish now, headachey though - i now have an appetite from hell so it looks like i might be on the mend. I've been cranking this berrocca rip-off for the last 2 days called Boost - Immunity, i think its working. Has like lots of vitamins and a strongish hit of echinacea.

--------------------
All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher. - Ambrose Bierce

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale