Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinelines
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Sexual Promiscuity & State Control
    #9842846 - 02/22/09 08:04 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

“Thus, a good man, though a slave, is free; but a wicked man, though a king, is a slave. For he serves, not one man alone, but, what is worse, as many masters as he has vices.” – St. Augustine, City of God

The promotion of sexual promiscuity has the effect of increasing state control in peoples lives. By decreasing peoples pranic level people cloister into a herd mentality and are easily herded and manipulated.

The freedom of a society depends upon the moral state of the ordinary citizens. When people are virtuous a society is free... totalitarianism is the result of immorality.

Pranic level is a term that means a persons level of energy. How much energy their being possess's. Having a large pranic level is the result of avoiding sexual promiscuity and is the result of being virtuous. When people have a large pranic level a society is free. Thus those who believe in freedom should teach people to be virtuous. Thus people should act locally and think cosmically. That which is cosmic is society and to think cosmically means to think of how ones local actions affect society. To think locally means to be attentive to ones individual interactions with people.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast
Re: Sexual Promiscuity & State Control [Re: lines]
    #9842852 - 02/22/09 08:07 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

The Greeks were perhaps the most sexually promiscuous people in the history of the earth, and were also some of the most free.

InvisibleKukaracha
Cat wannabe
Male User Gallery

Re: Sexual Promiscuity & State Control [Re: xFrockx]
    #9842866 - 02/22/09 08:20 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

xFrockx said:
The Greeks were perhaps the most sexually promiscuous people in the history of the earth, and were also some of the most free.

Because of the masses of slaves they had.

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #9842874 - 02/22/09 08:26 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Pranic level is a term that means a persons level of energy.

With what can this pranic level be measured? :sherlock:

Quote:

Having a large pranic level is the result of avoiding sexual promiscuity and is the result of being virtuous.

Really? :lol:
This doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Promiscuity has nothing to do with one's independence and balance of mind, and, if anything, in some cases, it might even help relieve complexes and tabus which trap one's mind making it small and vicious. You can become the slave of anything, even to the idea of virtuosity, since the object of addiction is not responsible for one's weakness. The one who's responsible is the individual her/himself, and their addictive personality.

Quote:

Thus those who believe in freedom should teach people to be virtuous. Thus people should act locally and think cosmically. That which is cosmic is society and to think cosmically means to think of how ones local actions affect society. To think locally means to be attentive to ones individual interactions with people.

Too many shoulds for my taste, and too of an unsubstantiated opinion. A clear example of 2D thinking. :shrug:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Re: Sexual Promiscuity & State Control [Re: Kukaracha]
    #9842877 - 02/22/09 08:27 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Kukaracha said:
Quote:

xFrockx said:

Because of the masses of slaves they had.

Still, this doesn't sustain the original posts and the ideas it presents. :shrug:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Offlinelines
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Sexual Promiscuity & State Control [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #9842883 - 02/22/09 08:32 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

Pranic level can be felt.

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#9842899 - 02/22/09 08:40 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

Ahhh, it's one of those deals. :lol:

Regardless, you didn't answer the rest of my post.

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

InvisibleVirus_with_Shoes
Pastor of Muppets
Male User Gallery

Loc: Zuid-Holland, Nederland
    #9842902 - 02/22/09 08:42 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

I wouldn't necessarily hold up St. Augustine as an example of abstinence. He also had this great quote: "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet." Old man Augustine like to fuck for certain! :awesome:

Personally, I don't think virtue is a concept that derives exclusively from monogamy. There are other much more important factors that determine whether a society is virtuous: love, education and tolerance to name a few.

--------------------

Offlinesorahtak
Tiger Hugger

#9842925 - 02/22/09 08:54 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

I've actually found that being more sexually open helped shed a lot of insecurities. :shrug:

I don't that that one can really make generalizations about things like that. Everything affects different people in different ways.

--------------------

Offlinelines
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Sexual Promiscuity & State Control [Re: Virus_with_Shoes]
    #9842928 - 02/22/09 08:55 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

If a neighborhood is violent that neighborhood will have a greater police presence than other neighborhoods. That's an example of a lack of virtue resulting in greater state control in peoples lives.

Here is another example.

Sexual promiscuity devalues a persons relationships(both sexual relationships and non-sexual relationships). Notice how in America many people often have "buddies" who they hang out with as opposed to having lifelong friends.

The destruction of true friendships results in society results in destroying a persons personal network of people and when people lack personal networks of friends they have to rely on the state rather than rely on their own personal cliques for various needs.

If people view others as sexual objects then they objectify other sorts of human interactions and thus the bonds of friendship become weak.

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#9842987 - 02/22/09 09:17 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

If a neighborhood is violent that neighborhood will have a greater police presence than other neighborhoods. That's an example of a lack of virtue resulting in greater state control in peoples lives.

Police which of course, will create even more violence and better and more skillful criminals.

Quote:

Sexual promiscuity devalues a persons relationships(both sexual relationships and non-sexual relationships).

I fail to see how it does that. Unless you're one of those freaks that think sex is dirty and degrading, but that's a whole new issue which is mental and personal and doesn't have anything to do with this forum.

Quote:

Notice how in America many people often have "buddies" who they hang out with as opposed to having lifelong friends.

The destruction of true friendships results in society results in destroying a persons personal network of people and when people lack personal networks of friends they have to rely on the state rather than rely on their own personal cliques for various needs.

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:
Since when hanging out with buddies is of a poorer quality than having lifelong friends? Besides, people stop being friends when they don't get along, they don't contribute to the relationship in a meaningful and fulfilling way for all the parties involved, when they betray each other... maybe these people who don't stay friends for a lifetime don't put up with this shit, as opposed to those who stubborn themselves into staying in a friendship just for the year count.

Also, can you provide with some examples where people have to rely on the state because they don't have friends? I was unaware that the state has a dating service. :grin:
Anyways, appealing to an institution, of any kind, doesn't have to imply that the person has become dependent on that institution.

Quote:

If people view others as sexual objects then they objectify other sorts of human interactions and thus the bonds of friendship become weak.

It takes two to tango. If both parties agree with objectifying and being objectified, who are you to judge and measure the value of their relationship? :strokebeard:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Offlinelines
Stranger
 User Gallery

#9843021 - 02/22/09 09:32 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

Judgment is an important mental faculty, to be without the ability to judge is to have a severe mental impairment.

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#9843043 - 02/22/09 09:43 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

Read slower if you have to. I never mentioned judgment as being a bad thing, or something that should be avoided.
I asked you who you were to judge the value of other people's relations? If they're ok with it, how do you determine that it isn't good for them?

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Offlinelines
Stranger
 User Gallery

#9843071 - 02/22/09 09:58 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

My judgments concerning peoples relationships are my business and I have a right to formulate them. Forming judgments about what other people do is an important mental faculty, to not be able to do that means that one is mentally impaired. If people are so insecure that they need people to think that what they are doing is acceptable behavior in order to feel comfortable doing what they are doing then either they are weak minded and can easily be convinced they are doing something wrong when they are not doing something wrong or they are doing something that they know is wrong and don't want to be reminded of it.

Edited by lines (02/22/09 10:00 AM)

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#9843218 - 02/22/09 10:51 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

Why aren't you actually answering all of my other points? This is a debate forum, and, until now, you have done a lousy job at sustaining your points with logical arguments.
The reason why I have asked you who you were in order to judge the value of the relationships between other people had a reason behind it. Your first post contained lots of shoulds, which made everything sound like you were seeing reality from an objective point, and you had a solution to humanity's problems. So, I am asking you again: are you going to explain your points or not? Your subjective and flawed view and understanding of the world mean nothing to a debate forum.

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9843721 - 02/22/09 01:09 PM (15 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Police which of course, will create even more violence and better and more skillful criminals.

How do you come to this conclusion?

InvisibleVirus_with_Shoes
Pastor of Muppets
Male User Gallery

Loc: Zuid-Holland, Nederland
Re: Sexual Promiscuity & State Control [Re: Redstorm]
    #9843807 - 02/22/09 01:20 PM (15 years, 28 days ago)

I was just about to ask the same thing. Beat me to it.

--------------------

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Re: Sexual Promiscuity & State Control [Re: Redstorm]
    #9844555 - 02/22/09 02:30 PM (15 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
How do you come to this conclusion?

Because criminals, usually, will never stop and think twice before committing a crime just because there's a better surveillance, in the same way prison, usually, won't stop recidivism, but will make the criminal more skillful and determined.
I didn't come up with this conclusion out of the blue, but by reading different studies related to this subject. Here is one example.

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Offlinelines
Stranger
 User Gallery

#9844638 - 02/22/09 02:49 PM (15 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

MushroomTrip said:
Why aren't you actually answering all of my other points? This is a debate forum, and, until now, you have done a lousy job at sustaining your points with logical arguments.
The reason why I have asked you who you were in order to judge the value of the relationships between other people had a reason behind it. Your first post contained lots of shoulds, which made everything sound like you were seeing reality from an objective point, and you had a solution to humanity's problems. So, I am asking you again: are you going to explain your points or not? Your subjective and flawed view and understanding of the world mean nothing to a debate forum.

With regards to the "shoulds"... saying the words "should" and "ought to" are what is often done when people state a philosophy on how to live life.

As far as who am I to judge other peoples relationships... that is like asking me who am I to have the ability to see things. Once again the ability to make judgments about human behaviors is an important mental faculty and to not be able to make judgments means one is mentally impaired.

One of my basic points is that acting virtuous decreases the power of the state over peoples lives because in a virtuous community people can trust one another and hence they don't live in fear of one another and hence they demand less state oriented mechanisms of control to keep the streets safe. One thing virtue consists of is behaving in a non-violent manner.

Edited by lines (02/22/09 02:57 PM)

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#9844695 - 02/22/09 03:04 PM (15 years, 28 days ago)

How does sexual promiscuity play a role in all that?
I DO agree that the more responsible and self reliant a population is, the more independent it becomes from the state and its institutions. What happens though when ridiculous laws, which interfere with morality and not safety, are appearing and people are going to prison for their private preferences, and don't negatively affect anyone else's life? How does having multiple sexual partners, exploring all kinds of sex, take away from people's freedom, and how did you determine that long life friendships are of a better value than short term relations? Length does not guarantee that a relation is profound or sincere.
Can you explain, also, how you concluded that relationships based only on sex are degrading people?

I understand, and never argued against the fact that you are entitled to your opinion. What you refuse to take to consideration, from what I have said regarding that, is that, as long as you are not able to logically sustain your assertions, these opinions don't mean anything and can't be taken as being true. You have avoided lots of my responses to specific points of your posts, choosing instead to give out simple and meaningless answers such as "pranic levels can be felt". :whatever:

Can you or can't you answer the rest of my questions to you, hopefully in a reasonable manner?

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Edited by MushroomTrip (02/22/09 03:26 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder