Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OnlineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
The Safety-Valve On My Pressure Cooker Blew Off: Screwed?
    #9842533 - 02/22/09 04:15 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

I just finished pressure-cooking my jars a few minutes ago. I did it with 6 jars for 1 hour under 15psi pressure. This is the first time I have used the pressure cooker for jars, which is why this happened. About 10 minutes before the 1 hour mark, I heard the rattling of the metal pressure weight start to slow down and the hissing sound of steam was more inconsistent than when I started.

So, right after I turned off the heat and walked away, 1 minute later I heard a loud "PISSSSSSS!" sound and saw that the little round safety knob on the lid blew off.

So my troubling question is: Are my Jars Screwed? Or Can I still inoculate them with spores in the morning?

I realize that the pressure cooker is no longer good (good thing it was only $20 used). What should I do next time to avoid this from happening again?

I hope you guys can help: I'm scared!

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
Re: The Safety-Valve On My Pressure Cooker Blew Off: Screwed? [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #9842582 - 02/22/09 04:56 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

Jars are probably fine so long as they didn't shatter with the sudden drop in pressure.

Did you accidentally turn it on high instead of "off" or did you run out of water or something?

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

Offlinekami
newbie grow
Male

Re: The Safety-Valve On My Pressure Cooker Blew Off: Screwed? [Re: Nature Boy]
    #9842601 - 02/22/09 05:08 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

buy a better pressure cooker :\

--------------------
My girlfriend used me as a mount!!!! :mad2:

When reading my posts pls refer to my title. A large amount of my knowlege is from this site. I mean to lead no1 a stray

I in no way shape or form partake in any sort of illegal activity, anything i post, say or do in this forum is completley hypothetical and is my way of exercising my right to FREE SPEECH. first amendment biatch

OfflineCultosaurus
Aspiring Psychonaught
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: The Safety-Valve On My Pressure Cooker Blew Off: Screwed? [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #9842618 - 02/22/09 05:16 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

The over-pressure valve is just a little metal disk. if you can find the right part, you can just replace it. new ones come with replacements just for this kind of problem.

--------------------
A Coming Out of Retirement Psychonaughtical Traveler

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: The Safety-Valve On My Pressure Cooker Blew Off: Screwed? [Re: Cultosaurus]
    #9842937 - 02/22/09 09:00 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

The jars were also at 15 psi, so when the plug blew, that moisture in the jars had to go somewhere, so it went into the air, thus ruining the moisture content.  Next time, don't run your pressure cooker out of water.  You're supposed to reduce the stove setting to the minimum position that will maintain pressure, once 15 psi is reached.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OnlineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Safety-Valve On My Pressure Cooker Blew Off: Screwed? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #9843530 - 02/22/09 12:33 PM (15 years, 28 days ago)

Thanks RogerRabbit, your comments are always the most reliable and accurate. I do remember reading on one of the documents about pressuring cooking usage at TheShroomery about letting the jars inside the PC slowly cool and not to force it by putting it in cold water or else the water will just boil out of the jars. It was weird how it blew AFTER I turned off the heat, (and no I didn't accidently turn it on high) and I'm pretty sure it ran dry too soon. How much water are you supposed to put? I put water so it was about 1/4 the way up the half-pint jars with the metal rack installed too, but it wasn't enough, I guess.

Does anyone know any cheap but good pressure cookers?

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags