Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Injecting Sterile Water into Slow-Growing PF Jar
    #9841505 - 02/21/09 09:45 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

I have a unexpected problem guys and I need the help of an experienced cultivator with my situation. The situation is that I made 5 PF-style jars with short-grain brown rice and after about 5 weeks after inoculation, only 3 have fully colonized. The 2 that aren't colonized are only about 50% and 60% for each jar.

I believe the reason why they are not fully colonized is because I didn't put enough water in them at the sterilization process. Also, it looks like the substrate maybe is TOO loose as the gaps between the live mycelium and the untouched substrate is pretty big. (I wish I could provide a pic, but I don't own a digital camera.)

So what I want to do is take off the double-stick tape over the needle holes and inject the poor-growing jars with sterile water with a syringe.

Do you guys (experienced PF cultivators) thinks that's a good idea or will that ruin my mycelium completely?

-Thanks in Advance-

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJSshroom
dont be paranoid, just aware

Loc: I love that spore drop
Re: Injecting Sterile Water into Slow-Growing PF Jar [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #9841523 - 02/21/09 09:48 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

the water will not hydrate evenly through the substrate.  youll end up with wet spots and it will slow growth or cause bacterial contams.  are the jars sitting on there sides so they can breath.  Maybe just make some more?

--------------------
First Grow No more carpet tek

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Trusted Cultivator
    #9841569 - 02/21/09 09:55 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

its not your water its your gas exchange.

you have the wrong tape on your holes.  it should be micropore tape so gasses can escape.

your trapping it all in with double-sided.

change the tape but wipe your hands down with alcohol first so you dont contam your jars when handling. 

the micro pore can be found next to the band-aids at any mart-store or pharmacy.

you will notice rapid growth in 3-4 days.

loose sub is good and will aid in colonization as long as its not huge gaps.  pea sized wouldnt hurt.

good luck.

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
Click here ^ for the AMU forum
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV
"Man is the sex organ of the machine world" ~  Marshall McLuhan

InvisiblePhallus
I'd fruit that.
 User Gallery

Loc: sunshine shit-land
    #9841813 - 02/21/09 10:33 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
short-grain brown rice

Grinding it into flower might help.

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Injecting Sterile Water into Slow-Growing PF Jar [Re: Phallus]
    #9841868 - 02/21/09 10:45 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

good eye, my dumb ass just assumed BRF. 

yeah, it will absorb all your moisture. grind into flour. 

the PF tek uses brown rice flour.

mix verm and water then add BR flour.  2 cups verm 1 cup water and 1 cup BRF, makes enough for 5  1/2pint jars.

if thats the case(unground), time to start over.  imo.

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
Click here ^ for the AMU forum
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV
"Man is the sex organ of the machine world" ~  Marshall McLuhan

OfflineJSshroom

Re: Injecting Sterile Water into Slow-Growing PF Jar [Re: 13shrooms]
    #9841950 - 02/21/09 11:02 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

it might still work if the grains were properly hydrated but its not gonna hurt to let them breath and start a new batch.  let them sit for another week and see what they do.

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Injecting Sterile Water into Slow-Growing PF Jar [Re: JSshroom]
    #9842487 - 02/22/09 03:41 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

I forgot to put those details: I DID grind the short-grain brown rice using a coffee grinder. Most of it is powdered, but some of it is chunky (like a fat chicks thighs :laugh:). Also, I took off one of the four holes covered in double-stick tape and put some poly-fill fiber in the hole. Do you think that is enough, or should I take the tape off the other holes and put microscopic tape on them? Or is poly-fill better?

Come to think about it, could I use this microscopic tape on a fruiting chamber with Shotgun-hole modification? Would that work better than poly-fill?

Almost forgot, thanks for all your thoughtful answers! The help is much appreciated.

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Offlinedead
grateful
Male User Gallery

Loc: North pole
    #9842503 - 02/22/09 03:51 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

If you have a dry verm layer on your cakes, you don't need any tapes or polyfill or anything on the holes, you can just leave them bare. Which is probably what you should do since your cakes have been deprived of gas exchange until now. The dry verm acts as a filter, you don't need another.

--------------------
"The third eye. You spend years doing everything you can to open it and then the damn thing opens and your friends laugh at you when you tell them you can see their souls behind their eyes burning like rainbows."

Links:
:regularshroom:Nibin's Guide for Noobs
:regularshroom:some easy teks on bulk & grain prep. (my journal)

OfflineJSshroom

Re: Injecting Sterile Water into Slow-Growing PF Jar [Re: dead]
    #9842965 - 02/22/09 09:10 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

I dont bother covering the holes on my FC's.  If the cakes are fully colonized they are pretty much contam resistant.

but yes you can use micropore instead of polyfil

--------------------

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
    #9842992 - 02/22/09 09:20 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

JSshroom said:
I dont bother covering the holes on my FC's.  If the cakes are fully colonized they are pretty much contam resistant.

but yes you can use micropore instead of polyfil

OP is talking about colinising subtrate not a FC

REmove the tape, if you have the dry verm layer, that is your contamination barrier. You need gas exchange otherwise co2 can build up to toxic levels, slowing/stalling growth.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

InvisibleHorusTh3Chrous

Re: Injecting Sterile Water into Slow-Growing PF Jar [Re: veda_sticks]
    #9843033 - 02/22/09 09:38 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

say you used pore tape to begin with, before you incolate the jars for about a week storage(with foil over the lid on top of the pore tape)?

is that ok? ill be injecting them with spores friday

OfflineJSshroom

Re: Injecting Sterile Water into Slow-Growing PF Jar [Re: HorusTh3Chrous]
    #9843267 - 02/22/09 11:10 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

yeah thats fine.  if you have a dry verm barrier you dont need pore tape unless you want to use it.  dont bother removing the pore tape.  Just wipe with alcohol.  stick needle through tape and knock up.  replace pore tape over small hole you made in old tape.  Or dont.  The foil is unnecessary.  then leave them on their sides so the c02 can escape

--------------------

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
    #9843384 - 02/22/09 11:47 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

:pimpslap:

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Offlineelectrics
wave rider
Male User Gallery

Loc: In front of my Computer
Re: Injecting Sterile Water into Slow-Growing PF Jar [Re: tahoe]
    #9843413 - 02/22/09 11:55 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

Don't try an rehydrate you're jars!! The problem has already been explained GE I've had mycelium colonize almost completely dry brf/verm give it some gas exchange and see what happens..

--------------------
"Listen now I'm talking I've been here for weeks, waiting in this growing crowd staring at my feet, The world around me is Turning I'm just standing still, The time has come for changes do something or I will" Phish

OfflinefungalEntropy
misfiring synapses

Re: Injecting Sterile Water into Slow-Growing PF Jar [Re: dead]
    #12656970 - 05/30/10 05:23 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

dead said:
If you have a dry verm layer on your cakes, you don't need any tapes or polyfill or anything on the holes, you can just leave them bare. Which is probably what you should do since your cakes have been deprived of gas exchange until now. The dry verm acts as a filter, you don't need another.

yah don't bother to cover the holes after nockin em up, been flyin since I took the tin foil off and not a single contam yet ever

OfflinefungalEntropy
misfiring synapses

Re: Injecting Sterile Water into Slow-Growing PF Jar [Re: fungalEntropy]
    #12656974 - 05/30/10 05:24 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

oh woops didn't notice how old this thread was :facepalm:

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Injecting Sterile Water into Slow-Growing PF Jar [Re: fungalEntropy]
    #12663680 - 05/31/10 09:46 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

:lol: you're funny, mr. silly Fungal....

So, you colonize with *no* cover on the dry vermiculite? No infections?! How is that possible....

Only Photos will convince me.

~ LogicaL Chaos ~

OfflinefungalEntropy
misfiring synapses

#12665745 - 06/01/10 10:17 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

No no there is a cover, on some 1/2 pint size drinking glasses I use two layers of tin foil, one with 4 holes poked in it for inoculation, and another to go over it so no water gets in during pressure cooking.  Once cooled to good temp I take off the first layer, shoot em up, then do not replace the tin foil I took off.  There is one layer of tin foil still over the glass with four holes in it.  I do the same with mason jars

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures