Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

People that think Psychedelics are stupid or mindless
    #9822578 - 02/18/09 09:14 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Should go kill themselves. seriously!

Random example that happened to me- After snowboarding with a friend a while back, he made a joke about lsd opening my mind because I said I am open to skate vert, looking back at it , I think subconsciously he thinks acid is stupid.

Anyone ever encounter people that act cynical towards psychedelic use even if they aren't intentionally saying what they feel about it?

:ganja::bongroll::mushroom2::stoner:  Just some high thoughts! (firecracker, vaporizer, bong in a few minutes)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRussianScholar
Biological Entity
Male

Loc: Alpha Cluster #164
Re: People that think Psychedelics are stupid or mindless [Re: skatealex2]
    #9822645 - 02/18/09 09:23 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

u really love them firecrackers dont you lol, there are only a few people that i know that have respect for psychedelics. What i hate is when people judge them when they have never done them. Ignorance:rolleyes:

--------------------
"The crisis is a crisis in consciousness. A crisis that cannot anymore accept the old norms, the old patterns, the ancient traditions, and considering what the world is now with all the misery, conflict, destructive brutality, aggression, and so on, man is still as he was, is still brutal, violent, aggressive, acquisitive, competitive, and he has built a society along these lines."

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

Re: People that think Psychedelics are stupid or mindless [Re: RussianScholar]
    #9822839 - 02/18/09 09:49 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

heaps of people think that way

if they aren't open about it, it is probably because they are being polite.

The world is stuck in its opinion of psychedelics from the end of the last psychedelic era... which is that it leads to illusion, fail, and irrational behavior.

People will only open up to psychedelics when it brings to the world something as relatively beautiful as it did in teh 60's, in a way that seems like it could last longer than a pipe dream. is that possible? hard to say...

--------------------

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: People that think Psychedelics are stupid or mindless [Re: RussianScholar]
    #9822847 - 02/18/09 09:49 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

:omgawesome::mushroom2:  Yeah, for me firecrackers are like a small taste of an L trip, and it keeps me high for hours, I really don't know why more people don't dig them.  They are like my special high's that I only have 1-3 times a week every days.  On sundays they are the best though, that is when I use the most weed because I can be high all day. 

Psychedelic ignorance sucks! :mushroom2:

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9822887 - 02/18/09 09:55 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Thats because government propaganda makes psychedelics to be for stupid people who will let their brain bleed to see hallucinations, while having a bad trip, and flashing back all the time.

The government doesn't at all show that psychedelics can be used for increased personal power, intellectual understanding, sharpened insight into self and culture, improvement of life situation, accelerated learning, professional growth.  For duty, help of others, providing care, rehabilitation, rebirth for fellow men.  For fun, sensuous enjoyment, aesthetic pleasure, interpersonal closeness, pure experience.  For transcendence, liberation from ego and space-time limits; attainment of mystical union. 

This is a very sad thing, because people are being manipulated into a consumer, a social security number instead of a human being.  Psychedelics make me feel human again.

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: People that think Psychedelics are stupid or mindless [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9822961 - 02/18/09 10:04 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

That post was amazing!! :tunnel:  :congrats:

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pudge County, TX
    #9822998 - 02/18/09 10:09 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Second that. Terrific post, CS.

--------------------
Aka Pudge (the real one, not the bitch ass fake one from 2020)

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pudge County, TX
Re: People that think Psychedelics are stupid or mindless [Re: Nifflerz]
    #9823025 - 02/18/09 10:12 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

By the way, how many deaths and violent assaults per day are attributed to alcohol in this world we live in?

Yet shit like magic mushrooms are illegal...I just can't get over the logic of it. And never will.

--------------------
Aka Pudge (the real one, not the bitch ass fake one from 2020)

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Loc: 0.0.0.1
    #9823080 - 02/18/09 10:18 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Where'd you quote it from?

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9823100 - 02/18/09 10:20 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

They (the government) are very aware of the dangers of alcohol and the ...non-dangers of psychedelics.  But alcohol causes you to not think, it doesn't make you question, it causes you to be satisfied with shit.  Cuz your drunk!  Psychedelics have the potential to de-program people of institutional values, and this is so terrifying to them (the government) that they created a bunch of propaganda after the 60's because people really started waking up to many of the scams being run under the nose of the citizens in this era of late modernism and capitalism:shrug:  You always gotta remember that the western mind is a house of cards, and the people that built that house (government and its institutions) know that.

--------------------

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: People that think Psychedelics are stupid or mindless [Re: Innoculus]
    #9823102 - 02/18/09 10:20 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

People who are like that shouldnt go kill themselves.

They sould instead just be told to go read about the reality of the situation, and to go fuck themselves.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Invisiblestinkybritches
"surprise!"
Male

Loc: NY
Re: People that think Psychedelics are stupid or mindless [Re: yageman]
    #9823166 - 02/18/09 10:30 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I know alot of people who think like that. I think the majority of people are like that. It sucks. I have to keep my mouth shut about it in most social situations. Just mentioning that I do psychedelics could jeprodize me getting laid. A lot of girls I know arent opened to it at all.

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: People that think Psychedelics are stupid or mindless [Re: stinkybritches]
    #9823202 - 02/18/09 10:35 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

haha yeah if i have been brought up LSD at a party once.  All the bitches were like "OMG YOU DO ACID!!!"  Then gave me the normal slew of bullshit myths.  "You know that tripping is cuz your brain thinks its dieing"  "Yeah i hear it makes blood drip down your spine"  And then i just laughed cuz i knew any kind of logical argument will be shot down with the whole my mind is already made up, don't confuse me with fact.

--------------------

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#9823249 - 02/18/09 10:39 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

You people know some really dumb folks.
Dont ever go there...............

I dont think I have ever met people like that.

I guess I need to get out more.

To see whats up.....lol

I have known some seriously dumb people in my life, but most if not all of them were not idiot robots.

Ps,
I know those people and I wouldnt touch them with a 10 foot pole, because those people are just kids.
Adult kids.
Have not really met those people, but I seen it...... Dont want to fuck them, or talk to them.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (02/18/09 10:45 PM)

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: People that think Psychedelics are stupid or mindless [Re: yageman]
    #9823308 - 02/18/09 10:48 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Well im not really much of a "hippy" or "stoner" although i do smoke a lot of weed and stuff, i am no hippy.  The people i hang out with are pretty ingrained in cultural values and obey laws and stuff with out thinking why?  I just expect it from people, and my friends think im nuts to have taken acid and smoked DMT.  They are all upper-middle class kids, who don't know anything about the world:shrug:  I do have my clique of psychonauts friends tho:awesome:

--------------------

Offline12468
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #9823500 - 02/18/09 11:15 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

skatealex2 said:
Should go kill themselves. seriously!

Wow, you can't know how ridiculous this reads

There is much to learn

Invisiblestinkybritches
"surprise!"
Male

Loc: NY
    #9823514 - 02/18/09 11:17 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

yeah at parties its pretty rediculous. I tried to stay away from the media engineered whores. its hard when all the girls i know personally are like this. there all alcoholic whores. they can get drunk and fuck a bunch of dudes but when I say i do psychedelics there's a problem. its retarded.

Offlinehalo
Tripper
Male

Re: People that think Psychedelics are stupid or mindless [Re: stinkybritches]
    #9823711 - 02/18/09 11:46 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

When I encounter those people I try to remain calm and explain to them that they are wrong and explain that I would never do any drug I believe would cause harm to me.

While doing this I try to sound as intelligent as possible, often times ending up sounding (and without trying to sound arrogant usually am) more intelligent than the very people I'm arguing with. Then they either back off or try to change the subject usually, because they realize I have won.

Also the best thing you can do to change these people's minds is to lead by example. Be a good person, do good things, make friends with people and keep your life in order. Then when you mention you do psychedelics you can explain how much they have helped you and such, and that could help to change at least some minds.

--------------------
All drugs should be legal

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: People that think Psychedelics are stupid or mindless [Re: halo]
    #9823735 - 02/18/09 11:49 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I am seriously tripping right now, smoked way too many bong hits. Getting minor tracers and shit  :mushroom2::mushroom2:  Damn, I would be afraid of smoking more, like I would lose my mind. woeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  :eek: anyone ever get that? feeling like your on lsd after tons of bong hits?  :royalrainbow:

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: People that think Psychedelics are stupid or mindless [Re: halo]
    #9823754 - 02/18/09 11:52 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah dude i have tried the exact same thing.  People are just SOOO ingrained in cultural values and believing what "they have been told."  They don't understand pharmacology, they don't understand psychology.  They just believe what they hear!  I try to explain to them that LSD is an agonist at the 5-ht 2a receptor.  They just say im "lieing cuz your just a druggy" yes i have had that told to me before when talking about psychedelics :lol:  People are just too lazy and too stupid to except alternatives to those that differ from public opinion.  Its just the old "My mind is already made up, don't confuse me with fact"  Its pretty sad people can't critically think, and rely on "what i have been told" which is usually lies fed through the mainstread media which was inturn feed from the federal government in an attempt to control values and ideologies.  And they are damn good at it!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom