Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineZaji
Stranger

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Terrarium help
    #9819953 - 02/18/09 01:09 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Im planning on making a Shotgun-Terrarium with a cool moisture humidifier in my room to boost the ambient humidity to the required 50%.
However im wanting to make a wooden box to put the terrarium inside( for security reason) im wondering if this will somehow block the humidity and possibly mess up the grow conditions.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMushHunter08
Mycological Pupil
Male

Loc: B.F.E
Re: Terrarium help [Re: Zaji]
    #9820023 - 02/18/09 01:32 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Zaji said:
Im planning on making a Shotgun-Terrarium with a cool moisture humidifier in my room to boost the ambient humidity to the required 50%.
However im wanting to make a wooden box to put the terrarium inside( for security reason) im wondering if this will somehow block the humidity and possibly mess up the grow conditions.

If you put the shotgun FC inside of a box, your defeating it's purpose. The shotgun FC was designed to give your cakes the proper amount of FAE. Without that, it's going to be a bitch for the cakes to actually pin. Unless you fan it twice as much as you would if it was out in the open. Do you have any other ways of hiding it w/o boxing it up?

--------------------
"The road to excess leads to the palace of wisdom...for we never know what is enough until we know what is more than enough."
-William Blake-

The most simple method of growing mushrooms:
www.mushroomvideos.com

MultiSync's lazy bastard print/syringe guide

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Terrarium help [Re: MushHunter08]
    #9820109 - 02/18/09 01:53 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

You also don't need 50% as I originally thought.  They'll work fine at 30%, but I refuse to live in a house below that so haven't tested it farther.

As said, don't put it in a wooden box.  You want fresh air circulation which is the number 1 pinning trigger.  The terrarium needs to be out in the open, and exposed to bright light during the daytime.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineStimpy913
Happy Happy Joy Joy
 User Gallery
Re: Terrarium help [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #9820119 - 02/18/09 01:55 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

just move the chamber to your closet if you need to hide it. If someone goes through your closet, give them amnesia.

--------------------
How to talk to cops

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds