Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHallucinogenist
Stranger
 User Gallery

Thoughts on this cultivation strat.
    #9807325 - 02/16/09 10:51 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

This has been posted before, I'm sure.  But never hurts to share info and I've got nothign else to do since I'm waitin 10 minutes for the lysol to take effect; I figure I'll to through and share my new cultivation procedure.

First, if you follow the BRF cake tek, you have basically a 2 week cultivation period, 1 week consolidating period, 24 hour dunk/roll and 1 week fruiting period.  That's roughly 29/30 days.

Grain methods require up to 3 weeks spawn colonization, 1 week consolidation, up to a week worth of bulk colonization, 1 week casing period, then a 1 week fruiting period.  That's roughly 7 weeks, over 50 days. 

In other words, BRF is nearly twice as quick.  Also, grains are more prone to contaminants and more difficult to sterilize.  This means with a spore print (very likely to contain contaminants) has a much better chance at BRF cake survival.

So, my plan from here on is to immediately use my prints to inoculate BRF.  This will give me the a final product in half the time, with more success rate.  Then, I can safely pick and choose which fruits to use for LC and agar.  This gives you a better chance of sterile innoculants to use for your larger bulk projects, as well as increasing speed.  The final bonus is the ability to choose your best fruits to clone/isolate into bulk grows, so you don't waste more grain and time on weak,small or slow fruits.

So, there you have it, my new procedure.  And just in time for making an LC syringe...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Thoughts on this cultivation strat. [Re: Hallucinogenist]
    #9807595 - 02/16/09 11:44 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Not quite.  BRF cakes are half pint, and with grains we use quart jars, for four times the product in the same amount of time.  You don't need to wait for consolidation when spawning to bulk.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineHallucinogenist
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Thoughts on this cultivation strat. [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #9807932 - 02/16/09 01:03 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

True, I wasn't actually meaning to 'consolidate,' but it seems most of the teks (yes, maybe outdated) suggest waiting a week after your grains appear fully colonized.  Or am I wrong on that?  Quite possible, I'm not searching teks at the moment, just trying to pull from recollection.

But even with that week removed, you're still comparing 4 weeks to 6, right?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag