Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinesorahtak
Tiger Hugger

Then I woke up.
    #9800578 - 02/15/09 12:32 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

So earlier today a professor gave the whole class a huge dose of some psychedelic and everyone started going nuts, so I left and ended up hooking up with some girl on a train that took us to a jail or something. I don't think we were prisoners, but these scary people were trying to kill me or whatever so I got out and then was being stalked by robots made of legos.

I fucking love dreams.

I wish there was some way I could stay in the dream world longer, and explore more. Its such an amazing thing, that our brains create this whole vivid world. It's always kind of fleeting though. Especially lucid dreams. When I realize I'm dreaming, it usually means I only have a few minutes at best before I wake up.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRandomHero
�.ǝןqısuodsǝɹɹı
 User Gallery

Loc: shroomery.org Flag
Re: Then I woke up. [Re: sorahtak]
    #9800610 - 02/15/09 12:39 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

eh it happens :shrug:

--------------------
Been you to have any spike, man?.

Offlinethirdtragedy
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Loc: planet earth
    #9800618 - 02/15/09 12:41 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

That's a cool thread. I just saw that picture some where too! One time I had a dream where I tripped out in it. I think my friends and I were at a party and getting fucked up. dreams like that are fun. :grin:

--------------------

Offlinejustinsanity
Sanityinjust
Male User Gallery

Loc: Projection Room Flag
Re: Then I woke up. [Re: thirdtragedy]
    #9800790 - 02/15/09 01:26 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

whenever i actually notice the strange things happening in my dreams, i automatically assume im on some kind of drug and it's becomes a lucid dream. most of the time i wake up right after that, but sometimes i can stay for a while.

my dreams usually seem as vivid as real life (maybe it's the artist in me?) but it feels like high and drunk in them. so i usually just do normal things i would.

i wish i could do whatever i felt like in dreams, it seems that most of the same rules as my waking life apply. :smirk: and that's no fun. at least the situations are different and exciting usually.

--------------------

Offlinesorahtak
Tiger Hugger

Re: Then I woke up. [Re: thirdtragedy]
    #9800816 - 02/15/09 01:36 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, I've had dreams where I've been tripping too. It's weird, sometimes it's kind of like actually tripping, and sometimes it isn't at all.

I've also had dreams where I thought I was high or something too, then realized it was because I was dreaming. Those are fun.

--------------------

Offlineigwna
The Cap'n
Male

Loc: New England, USA
    #9800869 - 02/15/09 01:57 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

sorahtak said:
So earlier today a professor gave the whole class a huge dose of some psychedelic and everyone started going nuts, so I left and ended up hooking up with some girl on a train that took us to a jail or something. I don't think we were prisoners, but these scary people were trying to kill me or whatever so I got out and then was being stalked by robots made of legos.

I fucking love dreams.

I wish there was some way I could stay in the dream world longer, and explore more. Its such an amazing thing, that our brains create this whole vivid world. It's always kind of fleeting though. Especially lucid dreams. When I realize I'm dreaming, it usually means I only have a few minutes at best before I wake up.

yes, near perfect post.

i feel the same way.
some of my dreams are great adventures, others are moments of bliss
some terrifying and many beautiful.

i drank a hallucinogenic drug from one of my dream worlds and it turned me into a god\made me lucid dream.

--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.

Offlineskin_
d^_^b
Male

Loc: Texas
Re: Then I woke up. [Re: igwna]
    #9801079 - 02/15/09 03:48 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I don't ever remember my dreams if I go to bed stoned, but not getting stoned before bed makes sleeping way too hard. Oh, it's a vicious cycle.

But yes, when I do dream it's amazing. I've only had a small number of lucid dreams but they've always made me wake up feeling creative and happy. I may have to learn some lucid dreaming techniques, does anyone have anything that works especially well for them?

--------------------

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: Then I woke up. [Re: skin_]
    #9801151 - 02/15/09 04:55 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I love taking drugs in my lucid dreams.

Quote:

sorahtak said:

It's always kind of fleeting though. Especially lucid dreams. When I realize I'm dreaming, it usually means I only have a few minutes at best before I wake up.

In my experience the best technique to prolonging a lucid dream is very simple. All you have to do is next time you realize your dreaming is look at your hands. Remain staring at your hands as long as possible while keeping 100% of your attention on them. It is also very important to remember that you are in a lucid dream. Your subconscious will be very persistent in trying to put your mind back on auto pilot. The way it works is normally when you realize you are dreaming you get excited even if you seem calm to yourself.  Staring at your hands is very boring and uneventful. It seems like a waist of a lucid dream but after some practice you will remain in a  lucid dream much longer without even trying. Its very successful. Once you know how to prolong your lucid dreams other (normal) dreams will last longer as well.

Quote:

skin_ said:

But yes, when I do dream it's amazing. I've only had a small number of lucid dreams but they've always made me wake up feeling creative and happy. I may have to learn some lucid dreaming techniques, does anyone have anything that works especially well for them?

Its not hard at all to learn but if you smoking weed on a regular basis it will make it a million times harder to do. Mostly due the fact that all the techniques used to learn and practice the art of lucid dreaming requires to to remember them. If you quit smoking you will have many more dreams and they will be extremely vivid. Once withdrawals go away they will be on the same level as a normal persons dream. This applies to tobacco and cannabis.

Heres some simple techniques to get started.

Read the book Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming by Stephen Laberge. If u follow what it says it is very easy to have lucid dreams at free will.

some tips

first you have to have at least 1 dream you remember every night cause whats the point of having a lucid dream if u don't remember it. This can be accomplished buy a dream journal like your doing.

Another thing you can do to have more dreams is during the day realize all your senses. Remember how things smell, textures of objects every little detail of your surrounding from the sign to the crack in the ground. Also remember how things taste and sound. Also notice your emotions. In your dreams these should be just as real. Dream states should be just as real as your actual life

next when u got about 12 dreams in your journal read back over them and try to find recurrences of things that happen which can only happen in your dream. these are called dream signs. For example one of my dream signs is driving a car but no matter what i do it wont go where i want. this happens in lots of my dreams. once you realize some of your dream signs you'll notice them while your dream. Like when i realize hey man why isn't the car in control o I'm in a dream.

A good tip to realize your in a dream is looking at digital clocks. Look at the clock and then look away and back. The second time you look at it it will say something different. This doesn't work with old style clocks.

Another thing you can do is during the day when something dreamlike happens actually ask yourself is this a dream and consider if you are or not. do this like 10 times a day and eventually you'll be so used to it you'll do it in your sleep.

Once you start having lucid dreams set yourself goals. Tell yourself to have 2 lucid dreams within the next month. Make sure the goals aren't impossible.

Once your in your dreams you need to be able to learn how to control them. you can start by making yourself levitate things like that. That also helps realize your in a dream

--------------------

Offlineigwna
The Cap'n
Male

Loc: New England, USA
    #9841162 - 02/21/09 08:31 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

sorahtak said:

I fucking love dreams.

OH dude I've been meaning to tell you... the NIGHT i read this post...

I had an eerily similar dream about being in a city... then everyone was rounded up into a train. We didn't really SEEM like prisoners but we were... the world was strangely empty and we were being herded to someplace... but a long the way i realized that this was bad news. so i started messing around with a computer on the train (it was a relatively high tech train) and found that they didnt have a password on the train doors... so i opened one in the back and got off... the train kept passing me by because it had to of been MILES long...  i met a really pretty lady on the train tracks... but then for some reason decided to get back on the train and try to save everyone else... well... they had realized i was gone... and when i came back in they had set up passwords and fucked me over so i was stuck on the train without my pretty lady.

it was a fucking crazy strange dream but i enjoyed it.

so i guess i HAVE to thank you for inspiring it.

--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds